IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

10 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

WRONG. The Forest is the default start of the ToB campaign. Check this Walkthrough.

Ooh, thanks for clarification, still area does not exist at least based on console info :-(, that is the reason why a CTD when trying to transit there.

EDIT: I was able to move to Forest through console command (moving through map still crashing) so I will try to continue.....thanks for help

Edited by Fjodik

Hey @Bartimaeus it seems that shld26.eff and .spl are not copied during installation, although they are in the mod folder so I don't know if there's a bug somehow during my installation or is that a bug in the installation code ?

also, i was studiying your aura effects and the projectiles attached to them, i see that sometime the area flag is mark to affect only ennemies, sometimes only allies, and sometimes both. for example shld07.pro although it should only affect allies if i understand correctly the behavior of the effect it is marked to also affect ennemies ? Is there some hidden behavior from the game to set those flags like this ?

6 hours ago, ptifab said:

also, i was studiying your aura effects and the projectiles attached to them, i see that sometime the area flag is mark to affect only ennemies, sometimes only allies, and sometimes both. for example shld07.pro although it should only affect allies if i understand correctly the behavior of the effect it is marked to also affect ennemies ? Is there some hidden behavior from the game to set those flags like this ?

I don't know what it looks like in Near Infinity, but in DLTCEP, you must use both the "only enemies" and "only friendlies" flags for it to affect only friendlies - setting both flags is necessary even though it wouldn't seem to make sense at first glance. If you want it to affect only enemies, you only set the "only enemies" flag; if you want it to affect everyone, you set neither.

6 hours ago, ptifab said:

Hey @Bartimaeus it seems that shld26.eff and .spl are not copied during installation, although they are in the mod folder so I don't know if there's a bug somehow during my installation or is that a bug in the installation code ?

Thanks, fixed - looks like a matter of an incorrect name (SHIELD_OF_THE_LOST -> SHIELD_OF_THE_LOST_2) preventing it from being installed. It should be safe to simply copy them over.

Edited by Bartimaeus
11 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I don't know what it looks like in Near Infinity, but in DLTCEP, you must use both the "only enemies" and "only friendlies" flags for it to affect only friendlies - setting both flags is necessary even though it wouldn't seem to make sense at first glance. If you want it to affect only enemies, you only set the "only enemies" flag; if you want it to affect everyone, you set neither.

ok, so i checked and there are some projectiles that do not have those flags correctly assigned:

- armor of missile attraction ->  leat06.pro . No flags assigned, but the description says "everyone" so i think this one should be correct (both allies and ennemies)

- Blade of roses +1 -> sw1h40.pro. "affect only allies" flag but not the enemies flags, the description says "allies within 15ft" so i assume there"s a missing flag on this one ?

10 hours ago, ptifab said:

ok, so i checked and there are some projectiles that do not have those flags correctly assigned:

- armor of missile attraction ->  leat06.pro . No flags assigned, but the description says "everyone" so i think this one should be correct (both allies and ennemies)

- Blade of roses +1 -> sw1h40.pro. "affect only allies" flag but not the enemies flags, the description says "allies within 15ft" so i assume there"s a missing flag on this one ?

Yeah, I think Armor of Missile Attraction is correct, but looks like Blade of Roses isn't. I'm actually not sure what happens if you only have the "friendly only" flag set but not the enemies one - perhaps it still affects enemies? Anyways, thanks, fixed.

Installing IRR followed by Rogue Balancing Items has warnings:

//Installing [Item Revisions by Demivrgvs] [V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.800)]
//SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Item Revisions by Demivrgvs
//WARNING: no effects added to misc75.itm
//WARNING: no effects altered on MISC2P.ITM
//WARNING: rr : 7 has encounter errors durring installation, exited with ExitCode = 3
//WARNING: unpausing installation will continue from next component.
//INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards
//SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Upgradeable Equipment

Would you know what is going on ?

Edited by Mordekaie
3 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

Preparing my next EET install and planning to use either IR or your version IR Revisited. Would you summarize the main differences between those two ? Is it EET compatible ?

It is (to my knowledge) fully EET compatible. Changes are a little difficult to summarize, but basically, it's a combination of graphical fixes for EE games, handling of some additional items that weren't touched by the original mod, and a number of small-ish tweaks to items here and there. Also, a number of debatable bug and text fixes. That's the gist of it - feedback welcome if you play with it.

MISC75.itm is Dagger of Venom and MISC2P is Greagan's Harp, and both of these are already modified by IRR. The exact warning there is simply that Rogue Rebalancing attempted to make changes to these items, but did not do so - either because the items were already changed in the manner it expected, or because it found the items in an unexpected state and decided not changing them was the wiser course, depending on the exact conditions of what the mod was trying to do. I would personally not worry about it, but the exact result may be that IRR's versions of these items were preferred over RR's. I usually install RR before IR, so I don't think I've ever seen this before.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Thanks for the repply.

I am building my own EET install to fit my personal taste. I initialy put RR Item related components after IR Items because i read somewhere :

"The Short Sword of Backstabbing will not be modified if IR is detected (to avoid duplication)"

I obviously don't know if this assumption is still relevant or not...

I will try to install the other way.

By the way is there somewhere (even outdated) a file listing for each item, the vanilla, IR and IR Revisited stats ?

On 3/30/2022 at 3:44 AM, Mordekaie said:

Thanks for the repply.

I am building my own EET install to fit my personal taste. I initialy put RR Item related components after IR Items because i read somewhere :

"The Short Sword of Backstabbing will not be modified if IR is detected (to avoid duplication)"

I obviously don't know if this assumption is still relevant or not...

I will try to install the other way.

By the way is there somewhere (even outdated) a file listing for each item, the vanilla, IR and IR Revisited stats ?

Didn't see this post until now, whoops - your best bet would be crawling through the item_descriptions.tra file in item_rev\languages\english\ folder.

12 hours ago, TotoR said:

@Bartimaeus,

the bgt (bgwand12.itm) version of the wand of magic missiles does not works - IRRv1.3.804 (without SR/R) - , it tries to cast wan3.spl, witch does not exists.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to confirm this - in neither the github directory version of the item nor in my installed version does it cast wan3.spl. It seems unlikely that any other mods would modify this resource, but I'm not sure what else to check here.

Edited by Bartimaeus