IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

19 hours ago, pochesun said:

I think i remeber i smashed masses of gibberlings with Rift Hammer, am i carzy ? :) Maybe i am. Honestly the last time i ran through SoD was with my Kensai abot 1,5 years ago, maybe i forgot something.

It's a relatively recent change to restore (a slightly improved) Ashideena over Rift Hammer in IRR. IR was not designed for BG1 in mind (IIRC, Demi never even played BG1 period), which is why some items get too buffed - said buffs were intended only for BG2.

Edited by Bartimaeus
14 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

dvwere.itm, please?

Honestly i have no idea :) 

Its Relair's Mistake, also named as Cloak of the Wolf from BG1 (found in same cave as tome of Constitution), which turns wearer into werewolf once per day. Its Discription says it should protect againts Normal Weapons ( i presume while in werewolf form) but i got hit by normal weapons while being werewolf.

Edited by pochesun
16 minutes ago, pochesun said:

Honestly i have no idea :) 

Its Relair's Mistake, also named as Cloak of the Wolf from BG1 (found in same cave as tome of Constitution), which turns wearer into werewolf once per day. Its Discription says it should protect againts Normal Weapons ( i presume while in werewolf form) but i got hit by normal weapons while being werewolf.

Sorry, I was asking you to give me your dvwere.itm from your override, :p.

1 hour ago, pochesun said:

Sorry for being dumb, i still dont understand your request :)

So is it bug with the Cloak or...?

I need you to give me the file "dvwere.itm" from your override. I suppose it would have been helpful to start out with "it does not appear to be an issue with IRR's version of the resource as best as I can tell", :p. If you like, here also is a full explanation of the troubleshooting process and what I am asking for and why:

1. When you use Cloak of the Wolf's Shapeshifts Wolfwere ability, your character is equipped with magical weapon dvwere.itm ("equipped with magical weapon" functions in the same way technically as if you were to cast e.g. a Druid's Flame Blade spell).
  2. When dvwere.itm is equipped, it changes your animation to that of a wolfwere and grants you the appropriate abilities (such as your statistics, ApR, and...protecting you from normal weapons).
  3. I have looked at dvwere.itm in IRR's item_rev directory and have determined that it does have the "protection from normal weapons" property as it should. I installed IRR on a BG2EE game and created some wolves after having shapeshifted and they were not able to harm me due to "weapon ineffective".
  4. Presumably, your version of dvwere.itm does not have this property, otherwise you would be correctly protected when using the ability - however, part of the troubleshooting process is making sure that that is the case, and not...say, the Cloak of the Wolf item having been modified by some other mod so that it's not giving you the dvwere.itm resource as intended by IRR.
  5. Thus, I need your dvwere.itm to confirm that it does not have the property. If I confirm that dvwere.itm is missing the correct property, the next step will be to do a changelog on dvwere.itm to determine what mods have modified the resource and possibly removed the property. If dvwere.itm does have the property, it will be necessary to instead look at Cloak of the Wolf, which if I remember correctly off the top of my head, is clck04.itm, to confirm that it is actually using IRR's Shapeshifts Wolfwere ability.
Edited by Bartimaeus
52 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Wow, don't you think that Pro Normal Weapons is a bit extreme for an item you get very early in BG1?

Yeah, I've never liked that about werewolves/wolfweres (sadly, it applies to both, otherwise I'd just switch the design to whichever isn't supposed to have it). I've almost been tempted to switch to a different wolf, such as a winter, but then again, I already use winter wolf as a Polymorph Self form...it can be a pretty tough line to balance between "this is kind of neat" and "this is actually genuinely useful", but the Protection from Normal Weapons part of a wolf/were is a bit too much for me.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Relair's Mistake in base IR does not include the weapon immunity... it doesn't really bother me because I figure it's just an enchantment, it could be a weak one that only simulates being  a werewolf, without actually making you one at a true biological level. It still  turns you into a strong, regenerating creature that is good in melee. Great for squishies like thieves, mages, and even clerics in BG1.

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I need you to give me the file "dvwere.itm" from your override. I suppose it would have been helpful to start out with "it does not appear to be an issue with IRR's version of the resource as best as I can tell", :p. If you like, here also is a full explanation of the troubleshooting process and what I am asking for and why:

1. When you use Cloak of the Wolf's Shapeshifts Wolfwere ability, your character is equipped with magical weapon dvwere.itm ("equipped with magical weapon" functions in the same way technically as if you were to cast e.g. a Druid's Flame Blade spell).
  2. When dvwere.itm is equipped, it changes your animation to that of a wolfwere and grants you the appropriate abilities (such as your statistics, ApR, and...protecting you from normal weapons).
  3. I have looked at dvwere.itm in IRR's item_rev directory and have determined that it does have the "protection from normal weapons" property as it should. I installed IRR on a BG2EE game and created some wolves after having shapeshifted and they were not able to harm me due to "weapon ineffective".
  4. Presumably, your version of dvwere.itm does not have this property, otherwise you would be correctly protected when using the ability - however, part of the troubleshooting process is making sure that that is the case, and not...say, the Cloak of the Wolf item having been modified by some other mod so that it's not giving you the dvwere.itm resource as intended by IRR.
  5. Thus, I need your dvwere.itm to confirm that it does not have the property. If I confirm that dvwere.itm is missing the correct property, the next step will be to do a changelog on dvwere.itm to determine what mods have modified the resource and possibly removed the property. If dvwere.itm does have the property, it will be necessary to instead look at Cloak of the Wolf, which if I remember correctly off the top of my head, is clck04.itm, to confirm that it is actually using IRR's Shapeshifts Wolfwere ability.

ok gotcha.

file attached.

Also, i have a suggestion, if you feel that Prot from Normal Weapons is too OP for BG1 (i feel the same way tbh) maybe make that wearer receives only half of damage from Normal Weapons (difficult to implement due to reasons you stated above) or just move the cloack to another place (maybe Durlag's Tower). 

dvwere.itm

@pochesun I checked your file, and the opcode seems to be there. Can I see your clck04.itm; also, against whom did you test the form...one of your own characters wielding a normal weapon?

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Relair's Mistake in base IR does not include the weapon immunity... it doesn't really bother me because I figure it's just an enchantment, it could be a weak one that only simulates being  a werewolf, without actually making you one at a true biological level. It still  turns you into a strong, regenerating creature that is good in melee. Great for squishies like thieves, mages, and even clerics in BG1.

Maybe I could just name it "Lesser Werewolf"...apparently, that's a thing in 3E, and they don't seem to have damage reduction/protection from normal weapons from what I can tell, unlike normal werewolves.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@pochesun I checked your file, and the opcode seems to be there. Can I see your clck04.itm; also, against whom did you test the form...one of your own characters wielding a normal weapon?

File attached.

I tested against both my party members and other enemies: my party member could hit with regular long sword and gnolls could hit it with regular halberd.

I did other testing and realized that (it seems) the cloack does not work at all: when turn into wolfwere it does not change anything on character (no stats change, wepons and shiled i was wearing before transformation stayed on me and continued giving same bonuses (i thought some time ago werewolves were fixed in IRR so they could not abuse that shiled bonuses etc, but in my case it seems that shileld just continued giving bonuses) and i think i proceeded dealing same dagame as i did with weapon. I have not checked Thac0 change but i suspect it still being valued by weapon i am holding (i could remove and equip wepon, shiled and armor while being in wolfwere form and i was gaining bonuses from them). Regeneration from the cloak still worked though

clck04.itm

Edited by pochesun
6 hours ago, pochesun said:

File attached.

I tested against both my party members and other enemies: my party member could hit with regular long sword and gnolls could hit it with regular halberd.

I did other testing and realized that (it seems) the cloack does not work at all: when turn into wolfwere it does not change anything on character (no stats change, wepons and shiled i was wearing before transformation stayed on me and continued giving same bonuses (i thought some time ago werewolves were fixed in IRR so they could not abuse that shiled bonuses etc, but in my case it seems that shileld just continued giving bonuses) and i think i proceeded dealing same dagame as i did with weapon. I have not checked Thac0 change but i suspect it still being valued by weapon i am holding (i could remove and equip wepon, shiled and armor while being in wolfwere form and i was gaining bonuses from them). Regeneration from the cloak still worked though

clck04.itm 314 B · 0 downloads

There's an additional step in this process that I failed to mention: when you use Cloak of the Wolf's Shapeshifts Wolfwere ability, it casts the spell dvwere.spl at the wearer, which is what then gives the wearer the dvwere.itm. I am mentioning this because what you just said triggered a memory I have of this occurring to me before: somehow, all of IRR's shapeshifts' magical weapon opcodes inexplicably get removed, so you don't get the proper attack, stats, or abilities...but an animation change still occurs which gives the misleading impression of it working. I failed to track down the issue when it happened to me last, so if you would be so kind, could you please do a changelog on dvwere.spl? :)

Edited by Bartimaeus