IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Hey!
I've run into a weird bug, but the Stupifier (BLUN41.ITM) Seems to have a broken ability 0.
Could anyone please confirm this is the case or is it just my one.
It correctly stuns people, but also displays a incorrect textline/effect.

I can provide a changelog of the item aswell as the changed versions if that will help.

Cheers,

Spar

6 hours ago, Sparhawk87 said:

Hey!
I've run into a weird bug, but the Stupifier (BLUN41.ITM) Seems to have a broken ability 0.
Could anyone please confirm this is the case or is it just my one.
It correctly stuns people, but also displays a incorrect textline/effect.

I can provide a changelog of the item aswell as the changed versions if that will help.

Cheers,

Spar

Are you playing on BGEE, BG2EE, or an EET game?

I just tried fresh install of IRR on BG1 and after first segment installed i encountered this "SKIPPING: [Store Revisions]
    This component is not compatible with your game." I clearly remember that store revisions were installed on BG1 before. Did i miss something? :)

6 hours ago, Sparhawk87 said:

EET

I've included a copy of the changelog and the file variants.

The only reason I found this was because I'm having Jahiera use the weapon.

.BLUN41.00003.zip

The issue is that the item comes from BG1EE, where the "Stunned" string is in a different spot compared to BG2EE and must be updated. If you're playing on a BG1EE game, it would be correct, but on a BG2EE or EET game, it needs to be corrected. I have a tentative fix for it...which I just tested and it does work, so thanks for reporting it. If you want me to fix it for your current game, give me a copy of BLUN41.itm from your override, :).

2 hours ago, pochesun said:

I just tried fresh install of IRR on BG1 and after first segment installed i encountered this "SKIPPING: [Store Revisions]
    This component is not compatible with your game." I clearly remember that store revisions were installed on BG1 before. Did i miss something?

Don't believe Store Revisions has ever been installable on a standalone BG1/EE game with either IR or IRR. However, while IRR doesn't make many changes to BG1/EE with this component, it does make some...so I'll enable it. If you want to enable it, go into your item_rev.tp2 on line 67 and change the entire line to:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE (GAME_IS ~tob bgt bgee bg2ee eet~) @9002

Otherwise, the latest version of the item_rev.tp2 on GitHub now has it enabled as well.

Edited by Bartimaeus
9 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Don't believe Store Revisions has ever been installable on a standalone BG1/EE game with either IR or IRR.

i found WeiDU on my another pc with store revisions installed. Though it was at least a year and + some months ago since the order of IRR and SRR is reversed but i also very clearly remember i did installation like maybe 8 or 9 months ago on BG1 EE and store revisions also was installed there (could not find weid from that one unfortunately). I dunno maybe at some point ot was intentionally or accidentaly disabled in that period (i did not touch BG for last 6-7 months). Anyway thx for the fix ill download new IRR master and fresh install it.

WeiDU.log

5 hours ago, pochesun said:

i found WeiDU on my another pc with store revisions installed. Though it was at least a year and + some months ago since the order of IRR and SRR is reversed but i also very clearly remember i did installation like maybe 8 or 9 months ago on BG1 EE and store revisions also was installed there (could not find weid from that one unfortunately). I dunno maybe at some point ot was intentionally or accidentaly disabled in that period (i did not touch BG for last 6-7 months). Anyway thx for the fix ill download new IRR master and fresh install it.

WeiDU.log 4.83 kB · 2 downloads

You're right. I'm not sure how it's happened, but apparently it's been enabled and disabled for BG1EE games several times over the course of IRR's development without me realizing it. Strange. I'm really not sure why I've disabled it several times. Hopefully nothing breaks when it's included.

12 minutes ago, JediMindTrix said:

Is Heartseeker supposed to be applying it's instant death affect to Constructs or Undead? The description implies the creature needs a heart in order to be subject to the save or die effect even if the 'abilities' section does not specify any limitations.

Are you sure that it is? The following races should be protected against Heartseeking:

DLTCEP_560nLpiXAs.png

Unfortunately I will have to double post as I cannot edit my previous one.

I checked and I have the latest IRR installed, although the included readme seems to erroneously refer to it as 1.3.6. Heartseeker is definitely nuking golems, undead, mists, it's worked on Mordenkainen's swords and elementals too.

Edited by JediMindTrix
22 minutes ago, JediMindTrix said:

Unfortunately I will have to double post as I cannot edit my previous one.

I checked and I have the latest IRR installed, although the included readme seems to erroneously refer to it as 1.3.6. Heartseeker is definitely nuking golems, undead, mists, it's worked on Mordenkainen's swords and elementals too.

The weidu.log is always up to date; I have to manually update the readme, while the weidu.log entries are automatic, :p.

May I have copies of your "dvhseek.spl" and "dvhseek.eff"? I sat and fired Heartseeker at a Stone Golem for like 5 minutes and never triggered either the death effect or a saving throw, and the implementation seems correct, so I have to check out your files.