IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

Hey, just finished SoA and starting ToB, great experience after almost 10 years from my last playthrough. Can you please check Staff of the Woodlands, everything works ok with the exception of periodical info about Barkskin on UI (see picture). This appears as soon as I equip the weapon without even activating the Barkskin ability which actually works without problems. Thank you.

Baldr001.jpg

58 minutes ago, Fjodik said:

Hey, just finished SoA and starting ToB, great experience after almost 10 years from my last playthrough. Can you please check Staff of the Woodlands, everything works ok with the exception of periodical info about Barkskin on UI (see picture). This appears as soon as I equip the weapon without even activating the Barkskin ability which actually works without problems. Thank you.

Baldr001.jpg

Staff of the Woodlands casts an "Animal Empathy" aura, which is probably what is triggering the Barkskin text here. I can't figure out why the Animal Empathy ability would have that set. Could you attach both staf14.spl and staf14d.spl from your override for me?

Also, what specific version of IRR are you using? It's possible that it's already been fixed and I simply do not remember.

Edited by Bartimaeus
5 hours ago, Fjodik said:

Thanks for feedback, using older version 1.3.500 + both files attached but the second one is staf14a.spl not staf14d.spl - this one not in override folder at all

staf14.spl 442 B · 0 downloads staf14a.spl 298 B · 0 downloads

Ah, probably an issue with that old version, then. Here, you can drop this into your override to fix the issue: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hxms0bjnainv3yz/staf14a.spl

IR Revised V1.3.800 - maintenance release.

Fixes:
1. Makes sure .bcs (creature script files) are set to the correct line endings (and thus do not inexplicably break).
2. AoE spells now use the correct verbiage (as per BG1 as well as the EE games - i.e. a Fireball is a 15' radius, not a 30' radius like SR has been stating since forever; it's the same actual size, just expressed differently).
3. Boots of Etherealness had a bad THAC0 value set which was causing a crash.
4. A couple of the 1pp/EE-added circlets did not have the correct description icons set.
5. Masterwork Scimitar icon's never got added to the bam directory (and indeed, I lost it entirely) and thus had to be re-created.
6. Spider's Bane was not protecting against all forms of spiders' Web Tangle.
7. Shuruppak's Mail was set to mithral plate instead of mithral splint mail (affects how various components would add e.g. spellcasting or stealth penalties).
8. Quivers were not using their proper 1pp/EE ground icons.
9. If you use the Thrown Hammers mod, IRR will patch the appropriate hammers to use the new animations if Thrown Hammers is installed before IRR.

Changes:
1. Blackmist's Blackmist and Celestial Fury's Batto are now 10' (i.e. double what they used to be).
2. Firetooth's Fire Bolt, The Wave's Smashing Wave, Crom Faeyr's Thunderclap, Dagger of the Star's Stardust, Staff of Air's Whirlwind Strike, and elemental burst abilities (e.g. Acid Splash) are now 5' radius (i.e. double what they used to be).

Hey Bartimaeus, I know this issue is not related to your mods but I do not know where to ask for help :-(. I am currently on final seal level of Watchers keep and trying to finish three challenge rooms but I can't enter any of them (see picture), the mouse cursor simply does not change to stairs so I am not able to enter. Do you have any idea what should be the problem here, my weidu attached. Sorry for bothering you.

EDIT: Eventually, I was able to resolve the issue but it is actually very odd . If the conversation with the ghost is inititated by Jaheira or Imoen something bugs out and the exit to challenge rooms does not work (it was the case when I wrote this up), all other characters are ok. I am pretty sure that there is something wrong with the ghost dialogue as the conversation always ends even it the dialogue should continue so I have to approach him once again.

Baldr000.jpg

WeiDU.log

Edited by Fjodik
3 hours ago, Fjodik said:

EDIT: Eventually, I was able to resolve the issue but it is actually very odd . If the conversation with the ghost is inititated by Jaheira or Imoen something bugs out and the exit to challenge rooms does not work (it was the case when I wrote this up), all other characters are ok. I am pretty sure that there is something wrong with the ghost dialogue as the conversation always ends even it the dialogue should continue so I have to approach him once again.

DLTCEP_szNCYrozTs.png

Did it happen after this line? "Behind me are three doors[...]" There are a number of different possibly interjections by party members here - presumably one is triggering here but unable to fire, thus prematurely ending the dialogue.

21 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

DLTCEP_szNCYrozTs.png

Did it happen after this line? "Behind me are three doors[...]" There are a number of different possibly interjections by party members here - presumably one is triggering here but unable to fire, thus prematurely ending the dialogue.

Hmm, the ghost reacts on the question 1,2 and 5 from the initial dialogue with the same answer ===> I am the keeper of the Key.....maybe that is the problem. Thank you for your time.

It is me again, unfortunately, another issue now with Imprisoned One dialogue (see pictures). As soon as I click continue when the second dialogue appears, the conversation suddenly ends (pretty much the same problem as previously). It seem to me that something is very wrong with my installation :-{, but there was nothing like that in SoA.

Is it somehow possible to finish the dialogue through console command so I can continue? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Anyway, let me wish everyone Happy New Year and all the best in 2022!!!!

Baldr001.jpg

Baldr002.jpg

1 hour ago, Fjodik said:

It is me again, unfortunately, another issue now with Imprisoned One dialogue (see pictures). As soon as I click continue when the second dialogue appears, the conversation suddenly ends (pretty much the same problem as previously). It seem to me that something is very wrong with my installation :-{, but there was nothing like that in SoA.

Is it somehow possible to finish the dialogue through console command so I can continue? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Anyway, let me wish everyone Happy New Year and all the best in 2022!!!!

It's the same situation as before - at this juncture in the dialogue, there is a check for interjections by party members, including the following party members: Keldorn, Viconia, Anomen, and Aerie. Boot Aerie for a moment would be my suggestion.

I do not know why your party member dialogues are failing to fire properly.

Happy New Year, :).

Edited by Bartimaeus
20 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

It's the same situation as before - at this juncture in the dialogue, there is a check for interjections by party members, including the following party members: Keldorn, Viconia, Anomen, and Aerie. Boot Aerie for a moment would be my suggestion.

I do not know why your party member dialogues are failing to fire properly.

Happy New Year, :).

Yes, you were right as always, removing Aerie for a moment did really help. Thank you, now I can continue 🙂

I think that my game is cursed, just finished Watchers Keep but as soon as I want to transit from there to ToB (already in ToB, but started with Watchers Keep as I have SCS Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB installed) the game crashes as the only place on the map is Forest of Tethir which I believe does not exist in ToB. Console command for places like Pocket Plane does not work either, it seems that these places do not exist at all so something wrong with SCS installation maybe. I will try to uninstall / install again without that SCS feature maybe. Do not have motivation to play Watchers keep again. If you have any idea, before I start with reinstallation, please let me know.

Baldr000.jpg

7 minutes ago, Fjodik said:

I think that my game is cursed, just finished Watchers Keep but as soon as I want to transit from there to ToB (already in ToB, but started with Watchers Keep as I have SCS Make Watchers' Keep accessible between SoA and ToB installed) the game crashes as the only place on the map is Forest of Tethir which I believe does not exist in ToB.

WRONG. The Forest is the default start of the ToB campaign. Check this Walkthrough. Thing is, you probably didn't know the areas name... as it's not shown to you anywhere in the normal game.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola