IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

38 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Not me, Demi and Mike, the creators of Item Revisions, I just run this "Revisions Revised" off-branch. Unless you're actually talking about specifically my changes, in which case, O.K., fair enough, but you'd have to have played non-Revised IR and know it very well to know which is which, so when in doubt, just give credit to them.

Then I give kudos to all of them! It's literal a mod I can't play BG1/2 without....

Thank you very much for all the hard work!

38 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

I honestly don't remember the history of the Gith silver swords: are they actually made out of silver, or do they just...look like glowing silver? I'm reading the Forgotten Realms wiki page on them right now, and it's really not clear to me. Willed into existence...from maybe a piece of a portal to the Far Realm? Maybe it's just assumed they're actually made out of silver, I don't know...

I really need to look up on that further; it was often the decision of our mighty DM *bows down*

The gith hunted them, that for sure - but I think there was no explicit rule to wield them.

'Thy cut down the thread, that is the life, that binds life & death' - in a way they are more powerful. I think they also are restricted to the wielder and/or search for a powerful person....

you could kill but a god with a Githyanki sword ^^

edit: Silver Greatsword +3 

wielded by Githyanki-knights, they look but an average sword until un-sheathed. Then thy glimmer like liquid silver made into metal...

sever astral-cord is prolly the vorpal-effect - save or die.

more powerful version also have a dispel-like or destroy-magic effect.

can be crafted in newer versions :)

Edited by valky
1 hour ago, Chitown Willie said:

Bartimaeus,

Just checking on best practices - Are the following "base" mods now recommended for the Revised mods?

• Item Revisions 4b10sd16
  • Spell Revisions 4.19rc1

Thanks!

Yes to SR, no to IR. I would not really expect it to have any issue, but I have not checked. Regardless, in both cases, they'd be superfluous (i.e. whatever changes they'd make compared to the previous/base versions should be included or overwritten by IRR/SRR anyways). As the official version of IR is what IRR is intended for, I would recommend that instead, whereas I have tested with the newest official (release candidate) version of SR.

17 hours ago, valky said:

I really need to look up on that further; it was often the decision of our mighty DM *bows down*

It seems in 5E, "silver" weapons were more like "silvered" weapons, meaning that such weapons aren't usually typically made completely out of silver, but just have a silver coating. Which...does make sense, considering silver would be an atrocious weapon material. However, who knows for Gith silver swords...

Edited by Bartimaeus

Just thought I'd post this here: for macOS users, do not use Finder to merge the folders. MacOS' "merge" feature (which can be accessed by holding Option when the dialogue box asking if you want to replace the folder in the destination with the new folder) does not merge subfolders. Instead, we have to use the following command in terminal (press Cmd+Space, then search for "Terminal"):

cp -R /path/to/item_revisions_revised/item_rev/* /path/to/item_revisions/item_rev

This should, as far as I can tell, merge the folders in the same way File Explorer does in Windows (overwriting items in the destination folder with incoming files if they share a name). If, like me, you find typing out entire paths to directories tedious, drag IRR's item_rev folder into the terminal window once you've typed "cp -R", remember to add "/*" and a space to the end of the path, then drag IR's item_rev folder into the terminal window.

13 hours ago, Notso said:

Just thought I'd post this here: for macOS users, do not use Finder to merge the folders. MacOS' "merge" feature (which can be accessed by holding Option when the dialogue box asking if you want to replace the folder in the destination with the new folder) does not merge subfolders. Instead, we have to use the following command in terminal (press Cmd+Space, then search for "Terminal"):

cp -R /path/to/item_revisions_revised/item_rev/* /path/to/item_revisions/item_rev

This should, as far as I can tell, merge the folders in the same way File Explorer does in Windows (overwriting items in the destination folder with incoming files if they share a name). If, like me, you find typing out entire paths to directories tedious, drag IRR's item_rev folder into the terminal window once you've typed "cp -R", remember to add "/*" and a space to the end of the path, then drag IR's item_rev folder into the terminal window.

Yeah, I give a warning in the second line of the original post: "If you are on a non-Windows OS, make sure that the two folders are combined: if the "change-log.txt" file still exists in "(game directory)\spell_rev\", then you should be good - if it doesn't, post in the thread for help." In the past, when someone's had an issue, I just manually combine the archives for them in a temporary link.

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, I give a warning in the second line of the original post: "If you are on a non-Windows OS, make sure that the two folders are combined: if the "change-log.txt" file still exists in "(game directory)\spell_rev\", then you should be good - if it doesn't, post in the thread for help." In the past, when someone's had an issue, I just manually combine the archives for them in a temporary link.

I did see the warning (it was why I ended up using terminal, otherwise I would have ended up assuming merge did what I expected it to), just thought I'd post the solution for macOS that I found, as it'd save people having to ask and wait for a reply, and save you having to make an archive for them every time :p

Fresh install using the most recent version, it seems that neither Celestial Fury nor Crom Faeyr are properly stunning targets. Possibly a problem with the DVTHCLAP.SPL resource that they're both using? There's not even a saving throw message in the log (should be save vs. breath). The visual effect happens just fine, as does the extra electricity damage. Just no stun. Checked the resource myself and it LOOKS fine, can't really explain why it isn't stunning anyone. Tested on various targets of course, including summons, enemies, party members etc.

Attached it here for reference.

DVTHCLAP.SPL

1 hour ago, Lord_Tansheron said:

Fresh install using the most recent version, it seems that neither Celestial Fury nor Crom Faeyr are properly stunning targets. Possibly a problem with the DVTHCLAP.SPL resource that they're both using? There's not even a saving throw message in the log (should be save vs. breath). The visual effect happens just fine, as does the extra electricity damage. Just no stun. Checked the resource myself and it LOOKS fine, can't really explain why it isn't stunning anyone. Tested on various targets of course, including summons, enemies, party members etc.

Attached it here for reference.

DVTHCLAP.SPL 346 B · 0 downloads

I was about to be the big mad again, because I swear I've fixed Thunderclap at least a couple of times over the years, but after installing IRR on a fresh copy of BG2EE and spawning a bunch of umber hulks and throwing Crom Faeyr at them, it does work correctly. Phew. So the question is more why doesn't it work in your game - can I also get a copy of HAMM09.itm from your override? Everything with your spell seems to match mine besides the projectile being one number different (but that's normal, since the projectile number will depend on when the projectile is added in your mod install).

7 hours ago, Lord_Tansheron said:

It's entirely possible something got screwed up otherwise.

Here's the item file, and also the mod log. All freshly installed with the most current versions I could find, several days ago.

HAMM09.ITM 954 B · 0 downloads WeiDU.log 12.42 kB · 2 downloads

I can't see anything wrong with it. Just to make sure, you are testing it on a hostile creature, right? These kinds of AoE effects generally only work on hostiles. Since your weidu.log is pretty short, I tested the same install you have short of the SCS components, and spawning some umber hulks and using Crom Faeyr on them still worked.

Edited by Bartimaeus
10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I can't see anything wrong with it. Just to make sure, you are testing it on a hostile creature, right? These kinds of AoE effects generally only work on hostiles. Since your weidu.log is pretty short, I tested the same install you have short of the SCS components, and spawning some umber hulks and using Crom Faeyr on them still worked.

That might have been it, honestly. Oops. I did try on some regular enemies too, but in hindsight I think those might actually be stun immune so that was a screwup on my part. I tested again with the Umber Hulks you mentioned, and it does seem to be working against them.

Apologies for wasting your time! Seems I just jumped the gun and underestimated how many things are stun immune.

Derp moment on my part!

On 1/5/2023 at 10:16 AM, Lord_Tansheron said:

That might have been it, honestly. Oops. I did try on some regular enemies too, but in hindsight I think those might actually be stun immune so that was a screwup on my part. I tested again with the Umber Hulks you mentioned, and it does seem to be working against them.

Apologies for wasting your time! Seems I just jumped the gun and underestimated how many things are stun immune.

Derp moment on my part!

No problem, totally understandable. Indeed, it would've been the very first thing I mentioned if I had actually remembered before doing all that troubleshooting, but it's as obvious to you as it is to me - which is to say not at all, :p. I only "remembered" because on my second test with your weidu.log, instead of the umber hulks, I smashed Jan and it suddenly stopped working...until I remembered, oh wait, it's an AoE effect that only targets enemies...hey, wait a second...

Edited by Bartimaeus
On 12/20/2022 at 7:22 PM, Bartimaeus said:

It seems in 5E, "silver" weapons were more like "silvered" weapons, meaning that such weapons aren't usually typically made completely out of silver, but just have a silver coating. Which...does make sense, considering silver would be an atrocious weapon material. However, who knows for Gith silver swords...

Sry for the late response & yes you are right. After 3.5E the whole Silver-sword-business/shenanigan deluded a bit. While they are still made out of the metal 'silver', they don't are unique anymore and like the Durgar next door can craft it...and some wandering mage just put an enchant on it.

Though, despite being a +3 weapon as per PnP, I think making it into a +4 weapon with your properties fits the theme quite well, given the hassle it requires to actually craft it. By the time you are done with Underdark you've beaten like 85% of SoA and you shall be rewarded!

Though, my new party is quite evil and doesn't require such a weapon - am usually drunken as shit, when posting, so take it with a smile :)

arigatou gozaimasu =^.^=