IR Revised V1.3.800 (2022 January 11th)

35 minutes ago, WanderingScholar said:

I'm currently making my way through a SCS SRR+IRR install on BGT. I can confirm that those bonuses, at least with my mods, are indeed being applied.

I probably didn't speak clearly enough: what I meant is that I didn't want the text of those item/spell descriptions to reflect those bonuses, not that I didn't want those bonuses to actually be applied. You know, a hobgoblin might have 16 base HP, which is what the spell description says, but if their constitution happens to give them a bonus to that base HP, it doesn't get listed in the spell description...but it could still apply. Mind you, I didn't love this approach either, because certain bonuses can become...difficult to estimate (your example of a pit fiend having 24 strength is a good one: the player might not remember offhandedly that 24 strength gives a whopping +12 damage and +6 THAC0 with the standard strength bonus table) but I figured it would be better to let players who have played this game for 20 years to be able to roughly estimate rather than force my own calculations that won't be right across different most game and mod installs.

I'm currently making my way through a SCS SRR+IRR install on BGT. I can confirm that those bonuses, at least with my mods, are indeed being applied. Furthermore, the increased hit point components from SCS are also stacking on top of some summons modified by SR. For example, pit fiends like "DEMPITSU.CRE" have ~270hp and -7 THACO in my game with all the bonuses applied. I have SR fiends=1 mostly because I prefer the improved stat blocks, but needless to say this could use some tweaking. The SR pit fiends also hit like trucks since they're boasting a strength of 25 (dragons), and IMO should be lowered to be more in-line with say, Balors at 21. 

Yeah, I don't really know what to do with the fiend summoning stuff. I personally go with atweaks' fiends instead and then just use a mini-mod I made to SRR-ize the spell descriptions, but...I don't know, I feel like fiend summoning spells are really better left for the AI to abuse rather than the player, so I tend to avoid them.

In any case, I'm actually planning to systematically re-adjust the stats of many creatures, fiends in particular, in what will hopefully be my first tweaks mod. With SR installed broad inconsistencies arise between the SR summoned creatures, and others of the same type that exist in game. I want to rectify this and make some other small stat adjustments to creatures that should probably receive some improvements, but are left out of the party. 

SR creatures being wildly different from actual creatures of the same type is something that really bothers me - I don't mind if they're a little different/better, but sometimes the disparity is just so great. That was actually the motivation for me switching MS2 and MS3 from vanilla SR (and upgrading baby wyverns to normal and greater wyverns, and otyughs to neo-otyughs, and...), because the way those slimes and hobgoblins had their stats setup made zero sense to me. I'll probably never be able to get that quite how I would ideally want it though, because I know that if I go too far in changing certain summonables to be more like their actual game incarnations, it just makes those spells unattractive or downright unusable, and I don't want to do that, that's even worse. But I've tried to make sensible adjustments where I could.

Edited by Bartimaeus
10 hours ago, NdranC said:

Does IR or IRR change the icon for the "Gold Digger" sword? I noticed the icon in my install seems to be cropped wrong

image.png.6faa36c4873a0b1b40e72a17bb01254f.png

Is this BG1EE or BG2EE?

(e): Don't think it matters, IRR doesn't touch the Gold Digger's icon as far as I can tell. Does doing a file search for "isw2h22.bam" in your entire game directory turn up any results? Interesting thing about BG2EE is that icons are always auto-sized and auto-aligned purely based on the dimensions of the image, which...can be helpful but also an issue. In the original games, icons were never auto-sized and always had to be manually aligned using offsets, but BG2EE ignores these values. A number of EE icons are mis-sized or misaligned because of this feature with Beamdog never noticing or bothering to fix the issue. Look at all them baby icons!

Baldur_OE1cWMO9C7.png

...But I don't know the issue with Gold Digger here, I installed IRR on BG2EE just to make sure and it seems fine.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I just checked and this seems to be an issue in the base EET install (technically it has bg1 unfinished business, ascension, rr, transitions and bg1npc), maybe even base BGEE although I didn't check. What was the weidu command to search for all the mods that have modified a specific file?

Edited by NdranC
On 4/15/2023 at 11:01 AM, NdranC said:

I just checked and this seems to be an issue in the base EET install (technically it has bg1 unfinished business, ascension, rr, transitions and bg1npc), maybe even base BGEE although I didn't check. What was the weidu command to search for all the mods that have modified a specific file?

The changelog tool can be found here: https://github.com/InfinityMods/WeiDU-FileChangelog

18 hours ago, NdranC said:

Does IR or IRR remove Lothander's boots of speed? I can't remember is this was the case last time I played but I killed him after he gave me the antidote like I remember doing and he didn't drop them.

I think so, part of a cleanup of weird/inexplicable duplicates I did at some point. But...sometimes, I feel like I should probably revert ones like this, where it's obviously never intended that you kill Lothander in the first place, where a normal player would never find the duplicate anyways - removing Boots of Speed from him is really just putting a damper on the fun of the more exploity players who just want their cheese.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I remember 4 years ago we had a conversation about imported items, and how if you import the Claw to BG2 you would end up with 2 Claws in your game. You mentioned you were considering disabling the importing mechanic and force the choice to always be the same. Did that ever happen? Any changes to the items that show up in BG2 from the imported list?

On 5/4/2023 at 8:24 PM, NdranC said:

I remember 4 years ago we had a conversation about imported items, and how if you import the Claw to BG2 you would end up with 2 Claws in your game. You mentioned you were considering disabling the importing mechanic and force the choice to always be the same. Did that ever happen? Any changes to the items that show up in BG2 from the imported list?

No, I don't think I ever made any changes there. Don't believe I ever reached a good decision on what exactly I wanted to do.

I'm not sure if this is intended but I pickpocketed this guy

image.png.e17a818efb49261a603449fd2ea02124.png

He is an npc inside one of the warehouses in BG city. Anyway I pickpocketed the Boots of Stealth. They look like the vanilla version of them instead of the IR Worn Whispers, both in their description and effect.

2 hours ago, NdranC said:

I'm not sure if this is intended but I pickpocketed this guy

image.png.e17a818efb49261a603449fd2ea02124.png

He is an npc inside one of the warehouses in BG city. Anyway I pickpocketed the Boots of Stealth. They look like the vanilla version of them instead of the IR Worn Whispers, both in their description and effect.

Nadarin (NADARI.CRE) gives Boots of Stealth out as a reward for clearing his basilisk quest (assuming you roll a high reaction). In BG1EE, the item code is BOOT02.itm, which is simply the standard item code that IR/R uses. I just checked an EET game, and it's still BOOT02.itm, so it would seem some other mod has changed the item code to something that is not BOOT02.itm.

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Nadarin (NADARI.CRE) gives Boots of Stealth out as a reward for clearing his basilisk quest (assuming you roll a high reaction). In BG1EE, the item code is BOOT02.itm, which is simply the standard item code that IR/R uses. I just checked an EET game, and it's still BOOT02.itm, so it would seem some other mod has changed the item code to something that is not BOOT02.itm.

This is the output of the filechangelog. Nothing seems... weird.

Mods affecting NADARI.CRE:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~EET/EET.TP2~ 0 0 // EET core (resource importation)V13.4
00001:  ~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ 0 10 // Revised ThieveryRetain default thievery potions and prevent their effects from stackingv4.92
00002:  ~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ 0 0 // Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - core component1.01
00003:  ~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ 0 0 // Spell Revisionsv4 (Revised v1.3.916)
00004:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)34.3
00005:  ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6010 // Better calls for help34.3
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

@NdranC

Can you give me a copy of NADARI.cre? Curious to see what item code is in his inventory.

They seem different. He has boot02.itm but they are called Boots of Stealth instead of the Worn Whispers.

image.png.8a89dbe436fb69b976f240c05e5cbe36.png

nadari.cre

EDIT: Different question. There is an NPC called Quoningar, he wants a Potion of Mind Focusing. Is there a potion in IR/IRR that would satisfy this quest?

EDIT2: nvm I figured it out, it's the potion of restoration. If it's not too hard it might be worth it to update the dialog with the correct potion name.

Edited by NdranC
3 hours ago, NdranC said:

They seem different. He has boot02.itm but they are called Boots of Stealth instead of the Worn Whispers.

image.png.8a89dbe436fb69b976f240c05e5cbe36.png

nadari.cre 1.11 kB · 0 downloads

EDIT: Different question. There is an NPC called Quoningar, he wants a Potion of Mind Focusing. Is there a potion in IR/IRR that would satisfy this quest?

EDIT2: nvm I figured it out, it's the potion of restoration. If it's not too hard it might be worth it to update the dialog with the correct potion name.

BOOT02ZH are an EE creation used for completing Zhurlong's quest that are dropped by one of two Boots of Stealth-wearing hobgoblins out in the wilderness (I think one in Ulcaster Ruins, and another...somewhere else, maybe south of Beregost). From what I understand, it is scripted so that BOOT02 is replaced with BOOT02ZH for the first of those two hobgoblins you happen to run into, while the second one will simply drop BOOT02.itm. Did you run into either of those hobgoblins before now?

I think the Quoningar potion quest is added by BG1 Unfinished Business. Should probably look into a text replacement nevertheless.