Cleric Kits

CamDawg

Heh I forgot the spiritual weapon could be of a type not normally possible for clerics :)

The alignments I gave are actually quite lenient; LG, LN, N is the same as Faiths & Avatars gives for his regular clergy, but in that book Watchers of Helm can only be LN! :D Anyway, considering Helm is supposed to be the foe of numerous evil gods (Bane, Bhaal, Garagos, Mask, Shar and Talos) it doesn't really make sense for him to have evil followers.

The version of Faiths & Avatars I have at the moment is very incomplete - only Eldath, Helm, Lathander, Mielikki, Tymora, and Tyr are covered. I'm currently (trying) to download the proper version, but it may take a while. I'll let you know when I have it.

Cool, thanks. :)

Well in 3E at least a Priest of Helm can be of any Lawful alignment. So maybe then LG, LN, LE, TN? Note Helm doesn't like some Good gods too, like Lathander...

Yeah, I know that Speciality Priests in 2E were really restriced in alignment- same with the Prestige ones in 3E, though since our kits are sort of in between normal Cleric and a super-devoted one it's ok. I think... :D

Necrologian of Velsharoon.

Special bonus: +2 saves vs. Death and Spells.

Spirit Weapon: Quarterstaff.

Innates:

1. Larloch's Minor Drain.

3. Horror.

5. Vampiric Touch.

7. Spirit Armour.

9. Animate Dead.

11. Death Spell.

13. Finger of Death.

I have no sphere info though! :)

Hmm Velsharoon only became a deity during the year before 3E was introduced. So finding much about him in official 2E will be difficult :)

If we can't find his official spheres, here's my opinion on what they should be:

MAJOR: All, Creation, Guardian, Necromantic (goes without saying :D ), Protection, War, Wards

MINOR: Charm, Divination, Healing, Summoning

RESTRICTED: Animal, Chaos, Combat, Elemental, Law, Numbers, Plant, Sun, Thought, Weather

Necrophants of Velsharoon (Powers and Pantheons)

Requirements: Intelligence 11, Wisdom 16

Prime Requirements: Intelligence, Wisdom

Alignment: LE, NE, CE

Weapons: Any bludgeoning

Armor: None

Major Spheres: All, Creation, Healing, Necromantic, Protection, Summoning, Time, Wards

Minor Spheres: Combat, Elemental, Guardian, Numbers, Sun (reversed only), Thought

Magical Items: Same as clerics, plus wizard items specifically suited for necromancers.

Necrophants know a great deal about undead creatures and the secrets mysteries and intricacies of the human body.

Necrophants may cast wizard spells from the Necromancy school in addition to priest skills. The spells are cast as if the necrophant were a necromancer of the same level. Necrophants gain access to 8th level wizard spells at level 16, and 9th level wizards spells at level 18. Necrophant must have a Wisdom 18 or higher, and Intelligence of 16 or higher to get access to the 8th level wizard spells. A Necrophant needs a Wisdom of 18 and Intelligence of 18 to get access to the 9th level wizard spells.

Necrophants can cast Chill Touch (1st level wizard spell) once per day

At 2nd level, Necrphants can cast Speak with Dead (as the 3rd level priest spell) once per day

At 3rd level, Necrophants can cast Spectral Hand (3rd level wizard spell) once per day.

At 5th level, Necrophants can cast Animate Dead (3rd level priest spell) once per day.

At 7th level, Necrophants can cast Wraithform (3rd level wizard spell) once per day.

At 10th level, Necrophants can cast Gaseous Form (5th level wizard spell) once per day.

At 15th level, Necrophants can cast energy drain (9th level wizard spell) once per day.

Great, combine those spheres with Andyr's innates (to keep it in-line with the others) and we've got us a heck of a kit! :) But how about Ghoul Touch or Horror instead of Ray of Enfeeblement? That way all his wizard spells are from the school of Necromancy :D

Ok, we've had a helluva lot of posts here with tonnes of suggestions. Cam, which kits would you like to do? Are we going with domain spells/one less spell per level as well as some sphere based pruning?

Also, there are a lot of kits being planned in this forum. Are we going with one big uber G3 Kit Pack or are we gonna have seperate mods for the different classes (e.g. G3 Cleric Kit Pack)?

Eventually, I'd like to package them all in a monster kit pack ala TDDsinTDD. However, it's unlikely I'll be able to carve out a large chunk of time (or even a small chunk) until Delainy's done, so it'll probably be more like version 1 will have a few, then version 2 will have some more, etc. The more popular ones would be finished first, of course.

In terms of domains, it looks like popular consesnsus (this thread plus the FWP poll) is to scrap them in place of school restrictions, which seems a balanced alternative.

In terms of domains, it looks like popular consesnsus (this thread plus the FWP poll) is to scrap them in place of school restrictions, which seems a balanced alternative.

A shame...

Are we gonna add some new spells to some of there spellbooks though to make up for the lack of specific domain spells.

e.g. Whichever kit had Abi-dalzims as a level 9 domain spell could have it as a HLA.

I'll be happy to code all the Cleric kits, don't worry... :D

If we can get them done and tested then we can release them as a kit pack, then they can also be put in LoI.

I had a radical idea for Velsharoon, too- how about we add the Wizard Necromancy spells to his priest spellbook as the special power (instead of the save bonus I suggested), but totally forbid all healing spells? That should make the kit play differently...

EDIT: Ah, I see Velsharoon has Major access to Healing spells. Um, never mind then. We could still add wizard Necromancy spells to his spellbook.

Also, Horror instead of Ray of Enfeeblement is good.

Are we gonna add some new spells to some of there spellbooks though to make up for the lack of specific domain spells.

I had the same idea. IMHO we should definitely try to add a couple of new spells to the spheres which currently only have on or two.

I had a radical idea for Velsharoon, too- how about we add the Wizard Necromancy spells to his priest spellbook as the special power (instead of the save bonus I suggested), but totally forbid all healing spells? That should make the kit play differently..

Superb idea :D But if we do this, how about doing the same for a few other gods? (if we chose to include them)

Gond - Enchantment (not Charm though)

Helm - Abjuration

Mystra - Invocation/Evocation

Leira - Illusion

Savras - Divination

Sune - Charm (not Enchantment though)

Archived