SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

David, i suspect sequencers as innate abilities or the healing spell 1D8 modification is breaking the BGEE+SOD install for the latest steam BG 1. I made about 10 attempts to try to get a successful install but failed until i removed some options and the last one i think was removing sequencers as innate abilities and the healing spell one. At least there is an option that when included will cause all the AI modifications to fail.

Edited by steinar96

Another more minor item, the Smarter Basilisk Component might be worth another look... I have it installed, and the Basilisk did not stop trying to use their Gaze on my protected party. There was no vulnerable member in range, but I remember them closing in and attacking with a bite attack in earlier versions. They never did that. I suppose it is possible I just killed them too fast, but I was not otherwise buffed or especially high level, nor using anything but standard unenchanted ammo. I would say killing them took me at least 6 rounds.

PC-summoned fiends ignore protection from evil - PC-summoned fiends now behave themselves

I actually reported this one. What I meant by this is that if party is missing protection from evil and summon demon when there isn't any enemy around nearby then demon will just stand there doing nothing. Not attacking party when it should.

Also still in RC9

1. Planetars still go hostile when attacked by party members

2. Ease of party AI, when selecting No melee mode via hotkey it actually disables all attacks altogether (in UI it's basically unselects attack enemies) rather than making sure they always use ranged weapon. 

I am reaching suldanessallar and  here some others bugs in my current playthrouth wit SCS RC9 and SR v4 beta 16

- tested on hardcore Rayic Gethras cast his prebuff routine but need a long time before starting to cast spells. He starts the fight by  casting a sequencer with only minor melf meteor missile inside.  Overall he ofen prefer to lunch meteor missile instead of casting spells.

. He also no cast shield and spirit amor in his prebuff routine  (tested on hardcore/insane prebuff mod)

-Thaxll'ssillya do not benefit from more hp. (DRAGSHAD.cre)

-Neb get a stupid vanilla script , he summons some childrens spirits ( witch is ok) but after he teleports himseld near the the bar is not attacking and just laughing. (neb.bcs). I think he should just summons some spirit and get a SCS thief script.

-enemies mage using mestil's acid sheath : they do not have the green shield animation. I have to check it the spell is working correctly

-prebuff Spirit armor(level4) : I have ctrl +q an enemy mage and he appears to have spirit armor (level 4) memorized and casted in prebuff routine. But  I didn't see any strings about spirit armor in then text box and  the spell also looks not active on the creature.

- Illithids  stand  3 or 4 second without doing anything before engaging battle.

- death knigh summoned by enemies  are ofen standing here doing nothing after being summoned. I need to make more test about them.

here some suggestion if you allow me  :

- when improved bodhi is not installed, she  could be more powerfull Imo. She looks merely as strong as a standard ancien vampire.

-with SR, enemies mages casting mirror image should use non detection (level 3) more ofen, it would allow them  to keep mirror images active.

- it would be cool to be able to fight faldorn and his foes without the need to fight her in the arena. 

- Even on basic mod  , beholders/gaulths are really hard. I don't know how people manage to do the eyelesscult quest before underdark. ( and this quest is suposed to be done before underdark, at low level). Especially, the cause wound abiltiy of beholders/gaulth is really too much powerfull. (in the end almost as powerfull as desintegrate...)

-  maybe allow a larger  amount of healing potions for enemies. 

- more ecounters in wild area ( the fights witch occurs when you are travelling)

Overall, I didn't have any major bugs and scripts looks really optimized. I enjoyed my game a lot, thank you very much ;) 

Edited by DrAzTiK
17 hours ago, steinar96 said:

David, i suspect sequencers as innate abilities or the healing spell 1D8 modification is breaking the BGEE+SOD install for the latest steam BG 1. I made about 10 attempts to try to get a successful install but failed until i removed some options and the last one i think was removing sequencers as innate abilities and the healing spell one. At least there is an option that when included will cause all the AI modifications to fail.

Have you run modmerge?

11 hours ago, Myrag said:

PC-summoned fiends ignore protection from evil - PC-summoned fiends now behave themselves

I actually reported this one. What I meant by this is that if party is missing protection from evil and summon demon when there isn't any enemy around nearby then demon will just stand there doing nothing. Not attacking party when it should.

Also still in RC9

1. Planetars still go hostile when attacked by party members

2. Ease of party AI, when selecting No melee mode via hotkey it actually disables all attacks altogether (in UI it's basically unselects attack enemies) rather than making sure they always use ranged weapon. 

Yes, I understood the fiend report; it's fixed.

Planetars going hostile: is that a bug? I'd go hostile if you hit me with a hammer.

17 hours ago, Guest Erik said:

Another more minor item, the Smarter Basilisk Component might be worth another look... I have it installed, and the Basilisk did not stop trying to use their Gaze on my protected party. There was no vulnerable member in range, but I remember them closing in and attacking with a bite attack in earlier versions. They never did that. I suppose it is possible I just killed them too fast, but I was not otherwise buffed or especially high level, nor using anything but standard unenchanted ammo. I would say killing them took me at least 6 rounds.

That code hasn't changed for a long time, so I don't think anything new is likely to have broken anything. Will test though.

Not sure if Bug of Feature Request, but Daveorn feels undertuned on Tactical Difficulty. This is with all the Improved Chapter Boss battle components installed.

His start up sequence is as follows:

Stoneskin (cast previously)

Prot Normal Missiles (cast previously)

Minor Sequencer: Web & Stinking Cloud

Stoneskin (cast previously)

Two things: first, stoneskin appears twice - is that intended? Secondly, he is completely missing Protection against Spells and buffs that make him hard to hit (Mirror Image, Blur, Shield, Spirit Armor, ....). Any weapon with an elemental attack is extremely effective against him, and he can basically be shut down with simple damage spells like Magic Missiles and Melf's Acid Arrow, since he is missing any protection. At the least I feel he should have Mirror Image & (Minor) Globe of Invulnerability as well. This would also be required to have some sort of synergy with the Dimension Gate behaviour - him jumping about, does not help him at all if you can just MM him to death.

Note: this is still with RC 9, but from the change log I do not think that this would have been changed.

OK, I need to roll back to RC9. I get an error on the Icewind Dale arcane spells component:

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [JWGLOBE.spl] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 1114 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1500.
Uninstalled    1114 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1500.
ERROR: Failure("resource [JWGLOBE.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

I might try to a completely clean installation later, but this was a backup of my pre-SCS RC9 Baldur Gate EE 2.5, on which RC9 installed cleanly.

I see RC10 is out, but I've been playing RC9 and it appears that the Planar Prison thralls are still getting petrified by the prison traps. (I won't bother posting a screenshot, but do let me know if you need any install info for debugging. It's a mostly vanilla install and the only AI-altering mod is SCS.)

Re: RC10:

WEIDU is now 64-bit

Does this mean that I won't be able to install on 32-bit WinXP? Or can I just replace the setup exe with a 32-bit version? (I suppose I should really upgrade my VM to Windows 9/10...)

Edited by AnonymousHero