Reporting some Bugs

Guest Erik

I'm playing v3, so maybe this is outdated.
-Mrs. Iris Cotton still answers "Squeak!" even after being returned to humanoid form. (Even if this might not be unrealistic since melicamp also still has his *cluck*, it seems like an oversight.)
-When Taerom forges the amulet out of the shrunk bracers, the spell animation is on the group member that talked to him (I guess - was an NPC in party position 1).

Suggestions:

-I have a black pearl now but can't give it to Kelddath (I can't remember whether I already handed him one back, maybe I did, but maybe he'd be interested in getting another one) - I can sell it to his shop, though.

-I am missing more journal entries to tell me where I am in the quest. I had a faint recall that I need to return to either Taerom or Thalantyr, but it's been months since I played and when I came to Thalantyr he finished the devise without me being able to remember ever having given him any gems. (This is on me - might well be I already gave him some; I also already was at Taerom's, apparently.) But I also didn't see a journal entry to look at the location the bracers were located, nor that I should return to Thalantyr after encountering them. If you'd feel like giving more intermediate entries that would be nice for occasional players like me who forgot where they were with a quest.

44 minutes ago, jastey said:

-I have a black pearl now but can't give it to Kelddath (I can't remember whether I already handed him one back, maybe I did, but maybe he'd be interested in getting another one)

That's strange, I've offered it to him several times. Maybe there's a difference between the pearl he gives you and others you find, and his dialogue makes a distinction?

Hi CamDawg,

Thanks for this mod. I've played it and want to point out the minor and major issues.

Minor one :

Spoiler

The descriptions of the "Amulet of Constriction" and the "Amulet of the Fool" are missing the words: "Can only be removed with a 'lift curse' spell".

"cdiris" and "cdlargo"  in the high hedge move all around, it seems linked to RUNENEMY.BCS - it can spoil the cutscene

Major one (mage quest) :

Spoiler
  • I was unable to get the information about James' wife. The miner "MARVIN" is no more there after clearing the mine. I had to spawn him with the console
  • Melicamp did not came back from the mine. Maybe I am wrong but it seems linked to triggers in HIGH Hedge keep script:

IF
	GlobalTimerExpired("CDMelicampReturns","GLOBAL")
	Global("CDBracerQuest","GLOBAL",13)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Activate("melicamp")  // Melicamp
		ActionOverride("melicamp",MoveToPointNoInterrupt([286.398]))
		Wait(3)
		ActionOverride("melicamp",FaceObject("thalantyr"))  // Thalantyr
		SetGlobal("CDBracerQuest","GLOBAL",14)
		ActionOverride("melicamp",StartDialogueNoSet("thalantyr"))  // Thalantyr
END

IF
	!GlobalTimerNotExpired("CDMelicampReturns","GLOBAL")
	GlobalGT("CDBracerQuest","GLOBAL",10)
	GlobalLT("CDBracerQuest","GLOBAL",13)
	Global("CDMeliBackFromMines","MYAREA",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Activate("melicamp")  // Melicamp
		ActionOverride("melicamp",MoveToPointNoInterrupt([286.398]))
		Wait(3)
		ActionOverride("melicamp",FaceObject("thalantyr"))  // Thalantyr
		SetGlobal("CDMeliBackFromMines","MYAREA",1)
END
  • But if you take back the device before melicamp is back, "CDBracerQuest" is set to 15 and after speaking to cdlargo to 19... so he can't be back
  • "cdiris" was not send to High Hedge, I don't know why but "cdlargo" dlg does not triggers the action maybe a wait is needed before he leaves
  • I create them with the console "cdiris" and "melica" and speak to Thalanthyr and the scene does fire as it should but "cdiris" and "cdlargo" don't leave High Hedge after the quest
  •  

Thank you

Edited by TotoR

I also noticed a bug in Gullykin with the Cottons and Thalantyr:

Sometimes Largo Cotton goes to Thalantyr alone when the dialogue is over, but Iris stays behind in the house.
Thalantyr's dialogue then stops when it's Iris' turn to return.
I think that happens when the dialogue doesn't start automatically and you speak to him.
The last time the dialogue started automatically, they both went to Thalantyr.

With Thalantyr, there's also the bug that he still delivers the same text even if Iris has already been transformed back.
You can no longer trade with him, he brings up the re-transformation dialogue in a continuous loop.

Translated with DeepL.com

I now know what the problem is with the infinite loop in Thalantyr:

After restoring the memories of the two miners, Melicamp should actually return to Thalantyr.
Unfortunately, he never gets there.

Even if you tell him that you don't have time, he doesn't turn up at Thalantyr after 4 days and is therefore missing when the quest is properly completed because he is needed for the re-transformation.