SCS updated to 32.6 (now 32.8)

On 11/12/2019 at 3:16 PM, czacki said:

also:

EQzN8kS.png

wasn't he supposed to be protected from "slay"?

that was anticlimatic - took 1 blow (mace of disruption), died instantly.

For my records as much as anything since the original comment is six months ago, but:

This isn't a bug - as in, he was never supposed to be protected. But after some consideration, I'll probably add protection on the next SCS release. I was about to decide not to - it's no fun if your cool anti-undead weapon never works on powerful undead - but checking the AD&D Monster Manual, the Mace of Disruption explicitly doesn't one-shot a demilich. That swung it for me. (In SCS, AD&D source material doesn't get treated as infallible, but it does get treated as important.) 

@DavidWdo you plan to release SCS update during your current modding window? If yes, how much time do you think you need to do it? I'm asking because I'm about to run a large EET installation, but I'm inclined to wait a week or two if this is the case. 

11 hours ago, Cahir said:

@DavidWdo you plan to release SCS update during your current modding window? If yes, how much time do you think you need to do it? I'm asking because I'm about to run a large EET installation, but I'm inclined to wait a week or two if this is the case. 

It is fairly likely that I will release a new SCS (little or no new content, but lots of bugfixes) in the next 1-2 weeks. No promises, though.

10 minutes ago, DavidW said:

It is fairly likely that I will release a new SCS (little or no new content, but lots of bugfixes) in the next 1-2 weeks. No promises, though.

Splendid, thanks for info :) Lots of bug fixes sounds very promising. I'll wait with my EET run for a new version.

On 5/13/2020 at 1:12 AM, Cahir said:

@DavidW while you're having a small modding window and checking Ascension stuff, could you also look into those installed with warnings me and @4udr4n reported couple of posts up? We're not sure if those are harmless or may produce some unwanted results in game.

Thanks in advance! 

They're mostly harmless.

spwi418d and halb11 are completely harmless: it's SCS trying to correct problems that aren't there on SR/IR installs in the first place.

scrl07 is SCS trying to apply some patches to Protection from Magic scrolls, and getting confused because IR has altered how those scrolls are coded. The patches aren't applied but the consequences will be minor at worst.

The 'include without an argument' is a warning from SFO, the set of function libraries in which SCS is written. It points to a function that isn't actually being run - in this case, the function to make Time Stop detectable. That will cause some minor AI glitches (though not if you're using Ascension 2.0, since it uses the same function and installs it correctly).

All this will be fixed in the next release in any case.

30 minutes ago, DavidW said:

They're mostly harmless.

spwi418d and halb11 are completely harmless: it's SCS trying to correct problems that aren't there on SR/IR installs in the first place.

scrl07 is SCS trying to apply some patches to Protection from Magic scrolls, and getting confused because IR has altered how those scrolls are coded. The patches aren't applied but the consequences will be minor at worst.

The 'include without an argument' is a warning from SFO, the set of function libraries in which SCS is written. It points to a function that isn't actually being run - in this case, the function to make Time Stop detectable. That will cause some minor AI glitches (though not if you're using Ascension 2.0, since it uses the same function and installs it correctly).

All this will be fixed in the next release in any case.

Great news, thank you for checking it! This means that I will definitely wait with my EET run for the next SCS version. 

On 11/9/2019 at 3:19 AM, jastey said:

Is it possible that SCS 32.7 uses the EE face orientations (i.e. letters instead of numbers)? If not, sorry, then this is changed by something else.

If yes: this makes it impossible to install on BGII/BGT.

@jastey (replying very belatedly to this):

It does use the EE orientations, but there's nothing about the EE engine that makes it possible. It just has to be entered into the .ids files. SCS does it like this:

COPY "%scsroot%/lib/dir.ids" override
   COPY_EXISTING "action.ids" override
         REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "Face\*)" "Face*DIR)"
   BUT_ONLY

If it's not working, or if I'm missing something, let me know, but the mod passes install checks on BGII/BGT.

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

If it's not working, or if I'm missing something, let me know, but the mod passes install checks on BGII/BGT.

I guess this was a glitch on a player's install. I shouldn't have posted at all with so little proof. Thanks for coming back to this nontheless!

On 5/22/2020 at 5:44 PM, DavidW said:

I hope the proofreading of the major french update for SCS v32 will be done before your next update. Can you keep me updated please ?  I don't want to miss the opportunity to publish it.