[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn (BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE and EET)

11 hours ago, Connelly said:

Hey, there's a new NPC that you might want to cover, Cassia (priest of Helm).

Thanks for letting me know.

I'm banned from Beamdog's forum so I need someone to get in touch with the mod's author in my behalf to see if I can add this component to DoF.

Cheers

Guest Necromancer Aspirant

How do I play as necrophant of velsharoon in bg1 ee? It's locked to humans. So idk how to choose the cleric/mage multiclass..

Maybe I'm overlooking something painfully obvious, but I'm new to the series and know next to nothing so please forgive. 

The only thing I want is a good necromancer PC and all my searches for build ideas have led to this mod. What is the secret sauce I am unaware of? 

On 2/1/2024 at 4:34 PM, Necromanx2 said:

Hi Raduziel,

Didn't this mod have an Ur Priest once apon a time?
If yes, was there a reason it was removed?

Edit: Or have I totally misremembered?

I don't remember an Ur Priest and I don't remember removing any kit from DoF.

13 hours ago, Guest Necromancer Aspirant said:

How do I play as necrophant of velsharoon in bg1 ee? It's locked to humans. So idk how to choose the cleric/mage multiclass..

Maybe I'm overlooking something painfully obvious, but I'm new to the series and know next to nothing so please forgive. 

The only thing I want is a good necromancer PC and all my searches for build ideas have led to this mod. What is the secret sauce I am unaware of? 

You can't, DoF follow AD&D rules to the book - literally. It allows you to dual-class into a wizard later. You can use another mod to allow human to multiclass but IDK how it would interact with DoF.

@Connelly

So far I have no reply from the author of the new NPC, so DoF is not available for Cassia for this reason. I'm still willing to do it, though.

Someone asked at the Beamdog thread before I did, but no answer came up. I don't know if someone already asked through Github, but I'll try asking through Github if/when I remember to make an account there.

6 hours ago, Connelly said:

Someone asked at the Beamdog thread before I did, but no answer came up. I don't know if someone already asked through Github, but I'll try asking through Github if/when I remember to make an account there.

I've just asked permission on Raduziel's behalf on Github. We just need to wait for a reply. I guess Arvendor is not very active recently.

59 minutes ago, Frenzgyn said:

I've just asked permission on Raduziel's behalf on Github. We just need to wait for a reply. I guess Arvendor is not very active recently.

Thanks, let me know if/when he/she replies, please.

H guys,

I am on my way to make another run of the tetralogy after several years ; my last install was in 2019...

I just discovered this mod and I would like to give it a shot. Previously, I have used both Divine Remix and Faiths and Powers (by SubtleDoctor). They also use a Sphere system.

I wanted to ask you if it's either one or the other, or can we combine the two mods and if so what options to choose to make it smooth, bug-free and with a good gaming experience?

Thanks a lot

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

H guys,

I am on my way to make another run of the tetralogy after several years ; my last install was in 2019...

I just discovered this mod and I would like to give it a shot. Previously, I have used both Divine Remix and Faiths and Powers (by SubtleDoctor). They also use a Sphere system.

I wanted to ask you if it's either one or the other, or can we combine the two mods and if so what options to choose to make it smooth, bug-free and with a good gaming experience?

Thanks a lot

AFAIK it's either one or another.

Let me know how your experience was. :)

On 5/11/2024 at 4:48 PM, Marvin said:

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. In your first post, presenting the mod, you write that it is not compatible with SR.

Is it still the case now?

Yup.

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Ok I see. SR is really a must for me. Do you think your mod will be compatible one day or is it a deliberate choice to stick to vanilla spell list?

Not a choice exactly. It happens because of how SR changes the spells.

Long story short, for a mod to be compatible with SR, the way I see, it needs to be built from the scratch with SR in mind. There is a way that SR could have been built that would make it more cross-modding friendly IMHO (the same way DoF alters its spells) but I understand that it is an old project.

It is pretty technical and there's no right or wrong in this.

I understand. On another hand, Subtledoctor made his FnP compatible with SR. As you said, it is an old mod, but I think many of the current players (mostly old players) use it... I think I have been using SR for more than 15 years, I cannot think of going back to Vanilla spells...

Hope something can be done in the future. Thanks a lot for your work anyway ;)