[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn (BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE and EET)

@kaleDrop the file below inside DoF\DeitiesOfFaerun\Components, replacing the existing content and reinstall the component - you might need to reinstall the strongholds component too

This should fix the problems from now on but not the current spells - this you may change by using EEKeeper. The spell you'll be looking for to add is RACore2.spl

You'll probably already have this same spell but remove it (as it is wrongly associated with Cat's Grace) and readd it (now correctly associated with Faerie Fire).

---

Version 1.9.8.1 is up with this fix.

Corellon-Kit.tpa

6 hours ago, Raduziel said:

@kaleDrop the file below inside DoF\DeitiesOfFaerun\Components, replacing the existing content and reinstall the component - you might need to reinstall the strongholds component too

This should fix the problems from now on but not the current spells - this you may change by using EEKeeper. The spell you'll be looking for to add is RACore2.spl

You'll probably already have this same spell but remove it (as it is wrongly associated with Cat's Grace) and readd it (now correctly associated with Faerie Fire).

---

Version 1.9.8.1 is up with this fix.

Corellon-Kit.tpa 7.16 kB · 0 downloads

Works like a charm now, both with my old savegame and a new character. Thanks for this:).

Just looking at the Oghma Kit for a BG rerun. I really like it because it has some nice RP flavouring without being overpowered. But would it not be an idea to give the kit some +lore bonus before the ability kicks in at level 10? Seems a bit strange for an Oghma worshipper to be stuck with the low lore score of a generic cleric for 9 levels. Or maybe Identify as a lower level ability?

Could the alignment also be extended to all three shades of neutral? On the Forgotten Realms wiki that seems to be the 2e allocation for Oghma worshippers. True neutral just seems to be a bit unnecessarily restrictive for a non-Druid, especially since there's no inherent reason why a "knowledge worshipper" shouldn't be able to lawful, for example.

Edit: It seems that True neutral is indeed a requirement for a Lorekeeper under 2e rules ... 2e is just weird with its alignment restrictions :D.

Edited by kale
19 hours ago, kale said:

Just looking at the Oghma Kit for a BG rerun. I really like it because it has some nice RP flavouring without being overpowered. But would it not be an idea to give the kit some +lore bonus before the ability kicks in at level 10? Seems a bit strange for an Oghma worshipper to be stuck with the low lore score of a generic cleric for 9 levels. Or maybe Identify as a lower level ability?

Could the alignment also be extended to all three shades of neutral? On the Forgotten Realms wiki that seems to be the 2e allocation for Oghma worshippers. True neutral just seems to be a bit unnecessarily restrictive for a non-Druid, especially since there's no inherent reason why a "knowledge worshipper" shouldn't be able to lawful, for example.

Edit: It seems that True neutral is indeed a requirement for a Lorekeeper under 2e rules ... 2e is just weird with its alignment restrictions :D.

Hi, Kale, what's up?

DoF's goal is to remain as close to PnP as possible - the Lore boost kicks in at Level 10 because that's when a Lorekeeper is supposed to get Legend Lore as a special ability.

Cheers

59 minutes ago, Raduziel said:

Hi, Kale, what's up?

DoF's goal is to remain as close to PnP as possible - the Lore boost kicks in at Level 10 because that's when a Lorekeeper is supposed to get Legend Lore as a special ability.

Cheers

Hey! All fair enough, but in comparison to the other kits the restrictions on armour and the no-shield policy seem really harsh when considering what you get in return. I think from a roleplaying perspective a lorekeeper should be able to take over the identify-item-role from a bard or mage, but that's not really possible before level 10 (especially if you don't have the sphere system installed, like myself ...). A Lorekeeper who needs to give their items to a bard for identifying because of a low lore skill seems a bit strange. And given that this isn't really a powergaming kit to start with, it takes away a bit of its appeal I guess? But yeah, no biggie of course if this goes against your intentions. The fact that I'm "just" using the kit without the spheres is probably also not intended. 

Edited by kale

Hi, @Raduziel, don't know if you are still supporting the mod, but found another issue with Heartwarder of Sune.

It was already reported, but then the user said it solved due to some mod order/EET Tool mumbo jumbo and I think everyone forgotten.

It's  an "unusual" one, it happens on BGEE ONLY WHEN Spheres System is not installed.
With the Spheres System, no problem.
I double checked on a freshly install with only DLCMerger.

[DeitiesOfFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/EmotionFear/SPWI428.spl] loaded, 490 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert IDPRO255 or %IDPRO255% to an integer
ERROR: [DeitiesOfFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/EmotionFear/SPWI428.spl] -> [override/spwi422.spl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Install kit: Heartwarder of Sune], rolling back to previous state

SETUP-DEITIESOFFAERUN.DEBUG WeiDU.log

Edited by Frenzgyn
On 9/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, Frenzgyn said:

Hi, @Raduziel, don't know if you are still supporting the mod, but found another issue with Heartwarder of Sune.

It was already reported, but then the user said it solved due to some mod order/EET Tool mumbo jumbo and I think everyone forgotten.

It's  an "unusual" one, it happens on BGEE ONLY if Spheres System is not installed.
With the Spheres System, no problem.
I double checked on a freshly install with only DLCMerger.

[DeitiesOfFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/EmotionFear/SPWI428.spl] loaded, 490 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert IDPRO255 or %IDPRO255% to an integer
ERROR: [DeitiesOfFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/EmotionFear/SPWI428.spl] -> [override/spwi422.spl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

ERROR Installing [Install kit: Heartwarder of Sune], rolling back to previous state

SETUP-DEITIESOFFAERUN.DEBUG 156.77 kB · 2 downloads WeiDU.log

Now let's see what it is about...

Edit: I'm lost about this one, to be honest.

I have the PRO file that is chocking the install inside Lib\Spheres\Import\Common

The code should be installing this properly:

ACTION_IF !FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~IDPRO255.PRO~ BEGIN

ADD_PROJECTILE ~DeitiesofFaerun/Lib/Spheres/Import/Common/IDPRO255.PRO~

END ELSE BEGIN
	OUTER_SPRINT	file ~IDPRO255~
	COPY_EXISTING ~PROJECTL.IDS~	override
		REPLACE_EVALUATE ~[%WNL%^]\(0x[0-9A-F]+\|[0-9]+\)[ %TAB%]+%file%[ %TAB%%WNL%$]~	BEGIN	SET	EVAL ~%file%~ = (~%MATCH1%~ +1)	END	~%MATCH0%~
	BUT_ONLY
END

However, this piece of the code appears to be doing nothing at all.

I'm open to suggestions, fellow members of this forum.

Edited by Raduziel