Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

On 8/17/2020 at 11:55 AM, subtledoctor said:

The Hivekeeper is probably the only kit that should have access to Web. I'll take a look.

EDIT - I'm not seeing Web in the sphere system at all.  Huh.  But I guess that's a good thing.  I'll add it special to Hivekeepers.  I'm going to release an update in about 20 minutes so this is good timing!

I have web in my current install (0.79.13) Took at look at the sphere definition files and it's there in the Creation Sphere, third level. I also noticed some more spells that don't exist in my game: the construct summoning spells. It looks like they get installed if you don't have SR installed. Any particular reason why they're kept out when SR is installed?

As to Olvyn Spells. I have them installed after FnP. I haven't done a full check but my clerics do get the spells added by that mod.

1 hour ago, southfla79 said:

I have web in my current install (0.79.13) Took at look at the sphere definition files and it's there in the Creation Sphere, third level. I also noticed some more spells that don't exist in my game: the construct summoning spells. It looks like they get installed if you don't have SR installed. Any particular reason why they're kept out when SR is installed?

I just checked, and they are installed regardless of the presence of SR.

1 hour ago, southfla79 said:

As to Olvyn Spells. I have them installed after FnP. I haven't done a full check but my clerics do get the spells added by that mod.

Oh yeah - the FnP system restricts (almost) all spells from all priests, and adds them according to the sphere system.  You are really supposed to install any spell-adding mods first.  (And also add them to the sphere system.)  By installing OlvynSpells after FnP, you will see the following consequences:

• All of the OlvynSpells will effectively be part of the 'Universal' sphere.
  • There will be no "minor access" versions of them, if you set minor access spells to be 1 level higher than major access spells. (But this is okay - everyone has major access to the Universal sphere anyway.)
  • Any priests who decide to be spontaneous casters will not have access to OlvynSpells.

In the lib folders there's three or four files to define the spheres....2nd edition, fnp, Sr and iwd/Sr. In the SR file the constructs don't appear in the creation group of spells. Going off memory, they're commented out. I had assumed at install time it would detect and use the appropriate file, or is my assumption wrong?

It could also be a problem on my end. Took a look in my override folder and I have the cre, BCS and itm files but not the .spl itself.

2 hours ago, Necromanx2 said:

Is there a way for the weapon proficiency component of this mod to also update the infinite missile cases? Quiver of plenty and Case of Plenty cannot be used by priests or druids even though this mod expands them to use crossbows and bows.

Really?  Poop.  That's odd, those files must use a weird item type or something.  (EDIT - no, they are item type 5 like other arrows... why did the code miss them?)  Not a difficult fix, anyway. If you use Near Infinity or DLTCEP, try opening quiver01.itm through quiver06.itm and making sure the exclusion flag for clerics is unchecked (at 0x1e) and the exclusion flag for all three cleric kits is unchecked (at 0x29). 

Meantime I'll add some special handling to the mod itself.  Sigh... this is like three fixes I've added since I updated it the other day.  Looks like another update is on the way.

I don't like clerics getting Web in the Creation sphere.  Any suggestions for a 3rd-level spell in that sphere?  Hmm, maybe Starmetal Cudgel should move there... EDIT - whoops!  it's already there!  :crazyeyes:

Edited by subtledoctor
6 minutes ago, Necromanx2 said:

I'm in BGEE, I wonder if a mod is adding those non-magic cases?

Must be - I'm pretty sure there are no such cases in BGEE normally.  Sounds like whatever mod added them did not properly set their item type...?  Or something like that.  In which case I don't have an easy fix, because I don't know the filenames of the items.  If you can find the .ITM filenames, I can fix them easily.

Found the items in my override:

cdplcase.itm - Case of Plenty
cdplquiv.itm - Quiver of Plenty

I used NearInfinity to remove the restrictions.

EDIT: Thanks subtledoctor for guidance on how to update the items!

EDIT 2: I wonder if it is cdteaks exotic item pack? That would be a bummer as it installs near last in my mod lineup.

Edited by Necromanx2
Guest Obtuse User

For some reason my Forest Druid gets 3 copies of summon air elemental, and two copies of the other elemental summoning spells. Looks like there are duplicate versions of these spells in different spheres. I have divine remix, SCS, and Faiths and Powers, but only installed the divine spells from F&P (said no to the IWD spells in SCS and no to divine remix). But I do also have SRR, which I think adds more spells. Could this be the culprit?