Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

2 hours ago, Guest Obtuse User said:

For some reason my Forest Druid gets 3 copies of summon air elemental, and two copies of the other elemental summoning spells. Looks like there are duplicate versions of these spells in different spheres. I have divine remix, SCS, and Faiths and Powers, but only installed the divine spells from F&P (said no to the IWD spells in SCS and no to divine remix). But I do also have SRR, which I think adds more spells. Could this be the culprit?

If you have Near Infinity, you can check the SPPR___ spells and see if there are multiple versions there.  The sphere system itself will not give you duplicates, unless there are two different spells (so they are not really duplicates - just two spells with the same name).

I don't see this problem myself in my old install; my new install is currently doing SCS AI so it should be ready in a couple hours.  But, install order might be a problem.  All divine spells (like those from IWD or SR) should be installed before FnP.  If you install SR after FnP then you might well see duplicates; in that case the SR spells will be outside the sphere system, so you will get the elemental spells once from the sphere system, and once from SR.  Switch the install order and that goes away because the SR spell get incorporated into the sphere system.

Meantime, I've updated the mod to v0.79.16, which fixes an issue with multiclass priests choosing to cast spells spontaneously (which might not have actually been an issue in-game, but... in any event, the code it better now), and fixes an issue with kits maybe not getting proper access to the Astral sphere; and one or two other little things that have been mentioned recently.

Hi Subtledoctor,

Without a computer at hand, I figure I will just ask: if I installed Spell Revisions and Kit Revisions first, would I be able to just install the druid multi-class bit from FnP, and have it pick up the ranger kits from KR for a ranger/druid build?

Thanks in advance!

24 minutes ago, guyudennis said:

Hi Subtledoctor,

Without a computer at hand, I figure I will just ask: if I installed Spell Revisions and Kit Revisions first, would I be able to just install the druid multi-class bit from FnP, and have it pick up the ranger kits from KR for a ranger/druid build?

Thanks in advance!

I have no idea how this interacts with KR, since KR is neither finished nor supported.  FnP does not acknowledge KR and I don't know what the result will be if it is there. 

FnP has a specific idea of a "Forest Ranger" and I think that is what will be applied in the ranger/druid multi.  It's possible it just applies whatever kit characteristics are in CLABRA01.2da (which would be the KR ranger), but it's also possible that the FnP rangers component wipes out and overwrites whatever is there.  You might try skipping FnP rangers and just install the multi druids... but I haven't tested it with KR, so no promises.

EDIT - on rereading I see that the latter idea is in fact what you are contemplating.  I guess... worth a try?

17 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I have no idea how this interacts with KR, since KR is neither finished nor supported.  FnP does not acknowledge KR and I don't know what the result will be if it is there. 

FnP has a specific idea of a "Forest Ranger" and I think that is what will be applied in the ranger/druid multi.  It's possible it just applies whatever kit characteristics are in CLABRA01.2da (which would be the KR ranger), but it's also possible that the FnP rangers component wipes out and overwrites whatever is there.  You might try skipping FnP rangers and just install the multi druids... but I haven't tested it with KR, so no promises.

EDIT - on rereading I see that the latter idea is in fact what you are contemplating.  I guess... worth a try?

Thanks for the quick reply. Guess I shall give it a try.

@subtledoctor
Thankee!

You said in that previous post that adding Olvyn's spells wouldn't be difficult, but what would be involved?  I assumed EEex allowed surpassing the 49 or 50 spell limit per spell level per arcane/divine spell category.

Olvyn adds more than 7 divine spells per spell level in some cases, but not all to the same class.  (Shamen, Rangers, Clerics, Paladins, and Druids get different spell lists.)  Arcane-wise, some spell levels get 10+ spells.

Olvyn adds fewer spells if EEex isn't installed, and the EEex-specific spells are listed in the mod description.

Edited by Endarire
On 8/21/2020 at 4:01 PM, Marvin said:

I'm planning to recruit Keldorn, and according to the description he is a Paladin of Torm. But I don't see any kit of Torn in the Paladin section. Any suggestion?

Huh.  The mod makes him a paladin of Helm, because in the game he has the vanilla Inquisitor kit which really is in Helm's wheelhouse (true sight, dispelling magic).  Upon reflection, if there is dialogue where he talks about following Torm, I would rather have his kit reflect the dialogue than his unmodded power set. 

Unfortunately we don't have a paladin of Torm.  So, I guess we need to add one.  But for now, you'll have to choose some kit where you like the special abilities, and just squint your eyes and pretend about the whole Torm thing.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:39 PM, Necromanx2 said:

Hi subtledoctor,
I was wondering why druids get so many more spheres known that the Priest kit?

No reason, other than that all those spheres seem appropriate for a druid.  I agree it's kind of a lot, and some should probably be removed... problem is deciding which ones.

Edited by subtledoctor

That's right, but in the other hand, Keldorn is the mentor of Ajantis and somehow of Anomen, both being followers of Helm, so there is anyway something strange about it. So he can be whatever. Anyway, if a kit of Paladin of Torm is created, nobody will complain about it ;)