Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

On 3/20/2022 at 10:38 AM, Quester said:

the Beast Lord (druid kit) and Beast Master (ranger kit) should both be focused a little more on summoning, controlling (and maybe buffing) animals than they currently seem to be

Focus access to the sphere of animals means they will be doing a LOT of summoning and buffing. Less so the ranger, of course, because it’s not a primary caster. But still, yeah, these kits have needed work for a long time. Some day.

On 3/20/2022 at 10:38 AM, Quester said:

how does the B_Spells mod relate to FnP? Is it completely integrated into FnP?

The initial version of b_Spells was integrated in FnP. I understand there is a newer version in the works… when that is complete we can and probably will remove it from FnP so that it can be its own thing. Unless Grammarsalad feels otherwise.

8 hours ago, phlaphee said:

If I don't install the "Item Usability component" the kits won't be able to equip / specialize in kit specific weapons such as  Bastard Swords for Helm, all weapons for Tempus?

Yeah that’s the primary point of that component. (Though to be fair it goes a bit beyond that.)

I've uploaded a small update to the mod - version 0.82.5.

This adds a new kit: the "Scion of Bhaal." It basically tracks the Deathstalker of Bhaal from the 2E 'Faiths and Avatars' supplement, with a different name and a description that acknowledges the guy is dead and hey, the source of power for those with this kit is kind of mysterious... where could it come from? :O

Basically this kit is there in case I want to do something like, dual-class to a divine class after Irenicus' abduction, and hey, if I'm going to be a cleric shouldn't I get my power from my own awakened self?

Further: this update adds yet another sphere system! Because, you know, we can do that sort of thing!

This one was super simple to add though. Recall that I recently added the "Vanilla Plus" sphere system which mimics the spell system in the unmodded game, and adds FnP-style focus access to each kit? Well, this new sphere system is simply called "Vanilla" (without the "Plus") and it simply removes that stuff about focus-access.

Why, you may ask, should the mod create a "sphere system" designed to play like a game with no sphere system? Well, this is like an enhanced version of the vanilla game's divine spell system. It plays almost exactly like the base game, but with several improvements:

• The mod will install the B_Spells spell pack, so priests will have more spells to play with.
  • Kits can cross the druid/cleric divide. So Aerie, as a cleric of Baervan Wildwanderer, will get druid spells instead of cleric spells. And there is a halfling ranger kit that follows Arvoreen - it can be a ranger with paladin spells.
  • Some of the kits introduced by the mod that really relied on the presence of the sphere system - like the Ur-Priest, the Elementalist, and the Mystics - can now work properly in the game alongside the traditional no-sphere-system priests.
  • The option to let priests choose whether to cast spells via traditional memorization or like sorcerers can be used (which is otherwise not possible without a sphere system).

The idea is, now there is some reason to install this 'sphere system' mod even if you don't want to play with a sphere system.

Edited by subtledoctor

Doing some testing related to Rangers on a v2.6.6 BG2EE.

With F&P i have noticed :

- The Elven Archer kit appears twice in the ranger kit selection window.

- If you choose a stalker or an elvenarcher/archer you don't get to choose any racial ennemy during character creation; you only get the possibility to check "according to geography". But i don't know if those kit get any racial ennemy (or a group of racial ennemies like with the forest ranger for example)

I tried to install F&P along with Revised Archery from M&G (or the mod Improved Archer) :

- Installing Revised archery after F&P doesn't implement the revised archery modifications.

- I get the same results with the mod Improved Archery whether it is installed before or after F&P

I guess i have to choose between F&P ranger component or one of those two archer overhaul kits ?

Edited by Mordekaie
6 hours ago, phlaphee said:

Installing nuFnP sphere does seems to not add Zealots and Mystic kits?

Really? That's odd - those two things are totally independent of each other. Zealots should get installed when you install ranger kits, I think, and mystics should get installed when you install druid kits. That should happen independent of what sphere system you choose.

EDIT - ah, wait... some component numbers have changed to allow for more optional sphere systems. I think some "IF (MOD_IS_INSTALLED)" checks need to be changed in the ranger and druid components. Will fix ASAP.

EDIT 2 - actually, I can't find anything like that. So I don't know what the problem is.

Edited by subtledoctor

Hi @subtledoctor, the multiclass shamans don't seem to be working at all with the sphere system. I installed it on a big install list and it didn't work so tried it on clean installation of bg2ee and found the same problem. I am able to select the shaman + x multiclass and it loads into game and initializing shaman spell learning message comes up but there are no options for spells (except mage spells when), no shaman dance ability, and no innate ability to select spells. I just installed sphere system from FNP, 5e casting and multiclass shamans. Also tried without 5e casting and problem was the same. 

Single class shamans seem to work properly with all the mods installed.

Edit: seems to work without spheres installed, whether or not 5e casting is installed, however when dancing, bears are summoned and immediately unsummoned, so not sure this is normal behaviour. 

Edited by Enigmajazz

@subtledoctor I have taken an (inexpert) look at the code for shaman multiclass installation and it appears that if spheres are installed the spell learning item is formed as well as the dance and detect illusions abilities but there is no change that actually adds these to the classes. On the other hand without spheres the abilities do seem to be added to clab files. 

There doesn't seem to be any connection between the lines added to the clab file with spheres added and the generated item for spell learning or the spells for dance and detect illusions.