Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

Guest Willis Terwilliger
36 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I would much rather just decide that "druid shapeshifted claws are equivalent to a +2 weapon enchantment" and call it a day.

I'd be fine with +2, there's a pretty extensive list of creatures that can't be hit with +1 weapons, but a much smaller list that need +3 or more.

36 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

An alternative, which I think is worth considering, is to leave animal claws with no enchantment, and instead extend our 'Magic Fang' spell to work on shapeshifted druids. It wouldn't be simple, exactly, but I think it might be worth it.

How long does that spell last? If you cast it in human form, then shift, would the bonus still apply or do you need a 2nd druid in your party to cast it on you? Would you be able to make that an innate ability to the animal forms? 

I  kinda wish the vanilla forms had a few abilities attached to them instead of just being pure melee. Nothing crazy, and not access to the entire spell selection, but being able to use web in Spider Form just makes sense. The vanilla web/sword spider combo is fun  for a while, but  it has that pesky delay, and you've burned your one shift per day on one encounter, despite being able to memorize web multiple times in human form. A form that can stealth and do backstab damage would also be cool. 

16 minutes ago, Guest Willis Terwilliger said:

How long does that spell last? If you cast it in human form, then shift, would the bonus still apply or do you need a 2nd druid in your party to cast it on you? Would you be able to make that an innate ability to the animal forms?

I forget. Probably a turn or two. Right now the spell targets animals and it applies effects by putting a necklace on them. That wouldn't work for the druid. But I could simply add an effect targeting all druids in the area, giving their attacks an enchantment level (just like the new EE 'Enchanted Weapon' spell). So the tactic would be something like:

• summon some animals
  • cast Magic Fang which affects both the summons and the druid
  • shapeshift into an animal form and lead your pack into battle
20 minutes ago, Guest Willis Terwilliger said:

I'd be fine with +2

Or, you know, just do this.

Or, potentially, do both! Say shapeshifted claws are +2, and casting Magic Fang can elevate that to +3 or +4, or something.

Okay, build #82 is ready to go. This includes the new alternative sphere system I described above.

I've cleaned up the mod folders a bit, removing some stuff from the over-crowded /lib folder and organizing some stuff in the /data folder. Most of the cruft in the old /spheres folder is also removed, but some of the spell-adding code by Grammarsalad still uses it so there's a bit left there.

The sphere system files are now in /faiths_and_powers/data/sphere_systems - if you want to edit one before installing, you can find them there. 

The HLA-related files are now in /faiths_and_powers/data/hlas - and each sphere system has a subfolder there with its own sphere-specific HLA lists. Earlier, the main FnP sphere system had HLAs relating to each sphere, but this was inflexible; so if you made a new sphere system replacing the sphere of Shadow with the sphere of Law, or something, then even in the new system you would still get a shadowy HLA insted of a law-y HLA.

No more. Now the HLA lists are organized by the particular sphere names of a given sphere system (as listed at the top of its sphere system document). So now the HLA system can be as flexible as the sphere system itself. (NOTE: I have roughly adapted the mods HLAs to the new sphere system, and they are already working in the original FnP system and the 'Vanilla Plus" system. but HLAs are not set up for the "2E" sphere system as that is still unfinished and unbalanced. Frankly I think the new sphere system is a decent approximation of the 2E source, and you're better off with that one.)

Finally, for now at least, all druid shapeshift claw weapons hit as weapons with a +2 enchantment. Werewolf claws and shambling mound fists still strike as +3 weapons.

Cheers.

Edited by subtledoctor

Yeah, that's the issue. https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers/blob/master/faiths_and_powers/Faiths_and_Powers.ini#L16

PI looks at the download value and detects 0.79.32 as the latest version because of that. The best fix would be to push the next release with the fixed value to both repos and then freeze the subtledoctor repo on that version (so that PI picks up the subtledoc repo for all the older versions, downloads the last version there, and then sees any potential newer versions from that point on in the Unearthed Arcana account).

Continuing on my long journey to prepare my EET modlist, planning to play one day ! :)

Just went through Faith&Powers and Faith&Powers Multiclass. As usual PI is worrying. I report those warnings to check if they are harmless or need some attention.

In resume:

There are some "recurrent" warnings found within many PI debug component files :

WARNING: no effects added to d5shmsw.itm

WARNING: Internal ability name too long [CDHLYSYM]. Skipping.

From and "old" post: PI shouldn’t report the « error » :WARNING: Internal ability name too long [CDHLYSYM]. Skipping.

"24 - nuFnP: a new custom sphere system (fewer spheres, more broadly balanced)" got specific warnings:

WARNING: no effects altered on sppr420b.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR226.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on b_p3xx.spl

(i haven't tried other sphere system options)

I guess i shouldn't worry and consider that everythink works fine ?

30 - Give Option to Cast Like Sorcerers (do not install if planning to use 5E casting)

31 - Install Cleric kits

33 - Install Druid kits

35 - Install Paladin kits

37 - Install Ranger kits

75 - Alter priests' weapon usability and proficiency

80 - Apply sphere system (REQUIRED for the sphere system to work)

85 - Apply FnP kits to NPCs

Faith & Powers – Multiclass

91 - Multiclass Druids

92 - Multiclass Shamans

WARNING: no effects altered on d5shmbzb.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on d5shrnzb.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on d5shthzb.spl

WARNING: no effects altered on d5shmazb.spl

95 - Multiclass Cleric kits (install AFTER all other kit mods!!)

WARNING: Internal ability name too long [CDHLYSYM]. Skipping.

99 - Apply FnP multiclass kits to NPCs

Edited by Mordekaie

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers/issues/136

This readme, although extensive, has a lot of information still missing, or erroneously copied from other parts of the readme. Any chance we could get this updated a bit? For instance, the Revised Ranger info has been copied from that of the Paladin.

Unrelated comment: I feel like the Beast Lord (druid kit) and Beast Master (ranger kit) should both be focused a little more on summoning, controlling (and maybe buffing) animals than they currently seem to be. Less shapeshifting and more animal control. Opinions?

Another question: how does the B_Spells mod relate to FnP? Is it completely integrated into FnP? Or is there some value to installing both? Sorry but this is a little unclear to me as a noob.

When installing FnP on a fresh BGIIEE 2.6 installation, I can only pick a very limited number of cleric spells in the character creation menu. Is this normal?image.png.4822b3983f0943ac375fb3d2607e816b.png

The results of the mod installation are bellow. All warnings are of the types "no effects altered on" or "no effects added to"

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Create a sphere system -> FnP: the Faiths & Powers original sphere system

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Install Cleric kits

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Install Druid kits

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Install Paladin kits

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Install Ranger kits

INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS     Apply sphere system

I also got this type of error while using EET Mod Setup to install Ranger kits from Might and Guile.

Debug Info:
ERROR: error loading [faiths_and_powers/data/hlas/luclxyz.2da]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Add the Mage Hunter (ranger kit)], rolling back to previous state

I think this might have been caused by the "folder cleanup" in the latest FnP version because the HLAS folder is actually placed in the SPHERES folder and I can workaround by copying it in the DATA folder as well.

Edited by phlaphee
2 hours ago, phlaphee said:

can only pick a very limited number of cleric spells in the character creation menu. Is this normal?

Yes. All your spells will be added soon after. In the game, set whatever you want to be memorized, and then use the one-time “memorize spells” innate ability (or, just sleep) to be able to cast them.

2 hours ago, phlaphee said:

ERROR: error loading [faiths_and_powers/data/hlas/luclxyz.2da]

ERROR Installing [Add the Mage Hunter (ranger kit)], rolling back to previous state

I think this might have been caused by the "folder cleanup" in the latest FnP version because the HLAS folder is actually placed in the SPHERES folder

No, it is in the /data folder. FnP’s internal structure changed, then MnG was updated to account for the changes. It appears that you are using a new version of MnG with an old version of FnP. Solution: get the most recent version of FnP. 

Also, that kit is in FnP itself. Why don’t you install it there, instead of later in MnG?