Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

14 hours ago, Thacobell said:

Is there a list of current Paladin and Ranger kits somewhere? The only readme I can find is from 2019.

Yeah the Readme is not updated to include the new experimental kit/archetype paladins. But you can look at the d5_fnp_settings.ini file which controls kit install options to see the basic list. And also to conclude which kit gets access to which archetype. Currently it looks like this:

Defender	Inquisitor	Zealot
B_CHAMP_TYR              1            1            0
D5_CHAMP_TORM            1            1            0
B_CHAMP_HELM             1            1            0
B_CHAMPION_ILMATER       1            0            1
B_CHAMP_KELE             1            1            0
B_CHAMPION_SUNE          1            1            1
B_CHAMPION_MYSTRA        1            0            1
B_CHAMP_AZUTH            0            1            0
B_CHAMP_TEMP             0            0            1
B_CHAMP_RED              1            1            0
B_CHAMP_TALOS            0            0            1
B_CHAMPION_KOSS          0            0            1
B_CHAMPION_GARAGOS       0            0            1
B_CHAMP_BANE             0            0            1
B_CHAMPION_EILISTRAEE    1            0            1
B_CHAMPION_CORELLON      0            0            1
B_CHAMP_MOR              1            0            0
D5_CHAMP_ARVOREEN        1            0            0
B_CHAMPION_GRUU          0            1            1
Edited by subtledoctor

I’m having thoughts about Druid shapeshifting as I prepare a new install for myself. In order to make shapeshift forms more functional rather than just different ways to melee. Rough ideas:

- Rat form? Super good AC, a few rounds of invisibility? I think we already have this one. 

- Bat? Flying, so immune to Entangle/Web, and again super-good AC.  But can’t really attack. 

- This is a bit out there, maybe specific to Hivekeepers, but like… a cloud of insects? Immune to Entangle/Web, can actually attack and thereby cause casting failure? Instead of casting Insect Swarm, you can be the insect swarm!

- Maybe the leopard form should have very high movement speed. 

- Other forms could have attacks with useful secondary effects. Snakes and spiders already do poison. Maybe hits from bear form could knock the target down? Bites from wolf form could grapple (reduce movement/APR)? 

- Certain animal forms could have resistance to certain damage types? Maybe bears’ think hides make them resistant to blunt damage? Snake/rat/bat would have very good AC against piercing? Beetles would be resistant to slashing?

Also, right now there is unlimited shapeshifting but maybe it should be limited? I have the “ki pool” system now, that could be used for this. Say, shapeshift once per day per two levels? 

Finally, I might revive the idea of choosing shapeshift forms, rather than getting certain ones automatically according to kit.

All ideas welcome. I am still struggling to try to make shapeshifting less about melee combat and more about utility. 

Edited by subtledoctor
Guest Autistocrat

EEKeeper crashes whenever I select an NPC with one of the new classes from this mod.
Is there any component(s) I should avoid to make it work or do I need to stay away from this mod altogether if I want to use EEKeeper?

Guest Autistocrat

In reference to my last post. It has something to do with the sphere system. With option 5 (which seemed like the most attractive one) I can't load up characters in any of the divine caster classes from this mod. Anyone have any experience using this mod and the sphere system with EEKeeper?

3 hours ago, Guest Autistocrat said:

EEKeeper crashes whenever I select an NPC with one of the new classes from this mod.
Is there any component(s) I should avoid to make it work or do I need to stay away from this mod altogether if I want to use EEKeeper?

The kits here are perfectly normal. Maybe there are too many kits in your game? Or maybe EEKeeper cannot handle multiclass kits? I dunno, it sounds like an EEKeeper problem - not surprising as it is untrustworthy platform-bound abandonware. 

Try this instead. 

By the way, in testing a new version of druid shapeshifting, I have noticed an issue that might relate the the posts from a few weeks ago about Jaheira as a “fighter/cleric” fighter/druid and her spellbook. 

I just tested Jaheira in this configuration in BG2EE and it looks like she begins the game with no spells, but then she gets her proper spells upon leveling up. Not sure why this is… maybe an engine issue? But at any rate it seems the current workarounds are: 1) level her up, then play as normal; or 2) use the “vanilla” sphere system. Or, I guess 3) don’t install the “apply FnP kits to NPCs component, or 4) apply that component but afterwards remove the various “JAHEIR__.CRE” files from your override folder. 

Edited by subtledoctor
Guest WideEyedStupid

reinstalled the mod (0.85.21) recently and decided to opt only for the sphere system (ad&d/dr) and cleric kits this time but base classes seem to be going wrong. got over to the friendly arm and picked up jaheira only to notice it's like she has a minor in healing (nothing after lvl 3). created a new druid pc and got the same, then uninstalled/reinstalled with just the sphere system (no kits), created a new cleric and same story.

attempted to investigate/tweak the 'sphere_list_2e' file but changing to the default_<class>_spheres sections (as i noticed the druid one did have healing as a minor) didn't seem to do anything so guess they're not used in that fashion.

So,

1) you are right to look at the "sphere_list_2E.tpa" file, but note, changing that file will do nothing if the mod has already been installed. You would need to uninstall the mod, then modify that file, then reinstall.  Maybe you did this - I can't quite tell. But I mention it just in case.

2) The mod is very much intended that you will use mod kits. The vanilla unkitted base classes are more complicated and harder to deal with... and, by default, a fighter/druid like Jaheira uses the unkitted druid kit ability table. So while for added kits like the "Forest Druid" you can easily change their sphere access e.g. here... for unkitted class tables it is not as simple. You would need to edit this section... and as you can see it is more complicated. I know what that all means, but you probably don't.

What you need to do is, at line 365, where it says "d5smlif#" you change it to "d5splif#" (i.e. change the 'm' to a 'p'). Then reinstall the mod, and unkitted druids and fighter/druids will have full access to the Healing sphere. (Whenever you see 'sm' or 'sp' followed by three letters, like 'd5smpro' or 'd5spfir' the 'm' means minor access and the 'p' means full access.)

EDIT - for anyone doing an install now, I am going to upload the new version with new druid shapeshifting in, like, a few hours. Just in case you are interested in that.

Edited by subtledoctor
Guest WideEyedStupid

brilliant, this is just what I needed to know (and yes, was uninstalling/reinstalling between edits).

does anything need to be done to the section below those too (do they need to mirror the changes made above). also, is there a reason paladins don't have a vanilla section like clerics, druids, and rangers have?

apologies for picking your brain on this, i'm just in a particularly pnp mood recently but don't want to lose out on the excellent sphere system you've built.

16 hours ago, Guest WideEyedStupid said:

does anything need to be done to the section below those too

Probably should search for every druid section and change minor to major.

16 hours ago, Guest WideEyedStupid said:

is there a reason paladins don't have a vanilla section like clerics, druids, and rangers have?

Probably is a reason. But I don't remember it right now.

EDIT - wait I remember: it is because paladins cannot multiclass. So they don't need that special treatment. The basic paladin kit is covered by the usual sphere-access functions, lower down in the document.

Okay, in the meantime, here is version 0.85.22 which changes up the way druid shapeshifting works.

Before, you could shapeshift at will. Now you can do it once per day at level 1, and another time per day for every two levels you have. Maxes out at 11 times per day at level 20.

Before, each kit had a static list of shapeshift animal forms they could use. Now, you get a basic shapeshift form for each kit at level 1, and then you can choose new forms at levels 4, 8, and 12. Then you get a kit-specific more powerful form at level 15. So you'll end up with five shapeshift forms in most cases** and you can determine which ones you want, so even the same druid kit can be built in different ways. I have set multiclass druids to have different options available, so druid/thieves can pick from more sneaky animals, fighter/druids can pick from more powerful tanky animals, and druid/mages can picky from weirder animals.

** (Exceptions: vanilla Shapeshifters and FnP Beast Lords only get dire wolf/werewolf/greater werewolf forms, through they otherwise follow the same rules as other druids. Lost Druids only get dread wolf and vampiric wolf forms.)