Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

On 11/15/2023 at 2:57 PM, mickabouille said:

unsure if I should continue,

Do! These posts are not a bother at all, and it’s great to have the mods usable in languages other than English. I just haven’t had much time at an actual computer lately to accept the PRs and run install tests - RL has been hectic. But this is very appreciated! 

Hey @subtledoctorI wanted to ask if you could help with an issue.

The Spell Distrupt Undead is causing me issues, if I even allow it to me seen in the spell menu, it causes my game to Lag so so much.

Then if I select it to cast the game becomes unplayable.

I also think it's even causing my EEKeeper to Crash , as it never crashes ,but now if I press Viconia who has the spell , the thing Crashes.

I was useing EEkeeper to try to see if I could just get the Spell Code to just remove the spell manually but I can't even open the Spell List for Cleric without EEkeeper crashing ,which has never happened before.

Best guess is to look it up in Near Infinity. Maybe export the .SPL file and post it here. Then copy some other spell (Sunscorch is a decent stand-in for it) and rename the copy to the Disrupt Undead filename. (I would not use EEKeeper for this sort of thing. (I mean, I woukd not use EEKeeper for any sort of thing. But especially not inspecting .SPL files.))

50 minutes ago, DraikenWeAre said:

Since nothing else comes up typing Distrupt Undead.

You know you are misspelling “Disrupt” - might be affecting your searches. 

Also I’m not sure what the effect is by removing a file. Like I say, for best effect you can find Sunscorch or another priest spell, and copy it over b_c105. 

But still, this all sounds very odd to me. Lag is an odd result of a bug, one I would usually associate with game scripts. But game scripts could not affect viewing a spell in EEKeeper. It makes no sense. It sounds like some other mod has altered the spell, or maybe some UI mod doesn’t like it for some reason? (UI mods are temperamental.) 

Realistically you should run “weidu.exe --change-log b_c105.spl” and also post a weidu.log

@subtledoctor 

Yeah I'm aware I was spelling it wrong, I don't know why but I read tpa from you mod for IWDstylespells and "disrupt" was spelled "dusrupt" , so the thing just got stuck in my head making me spell disrupt as distrupt.

But it didn't cause an issue in finding the spell.

I've generally always just removed .spl files for spells from override I don't want or caused bugs and kept them in another folder Highlighting what it was removed for.

So this was the first spell that I removed from Override and somehow still stays present in the game just losing it's bams when I removed the bams.

So obviously some other file is keeping it present in the game, which I have no Idea which. I will try your idea for substitution though.

Anyway the weidu.log and spell change log are presnt in the zip , the last mod to affect the spell is "animate dead now" which is something an associate and I are working on, to fix the bugs present in Temnix's mod (with Temnix's permission of course) but I see no reason for that to cause the bug.

Screenshot_20240106_155416_Termux.jpg

Weidu.zip

Edited by DraikenWeAre

@subtledoctorMan I have a story for you.

So the backup thing didn't work.

And I uninstalled ADN just to confirm it wasn't the problem.

And it wasnt the issue.

I didn't have a way to find the file causing the issue as I already removed B_C105.SPL as I already told you and the spell was still ingame.

Tried your substitution technique and still the problem remained.

So i decided to make a save file with the spell selected, then uninstall FnP in a separate copy of my install folder and read the save file with EEKeeper based in that folders chitin.key.

Due to the fact FnP was Uninstalled in that folder, EEkeeper will then list the spell code of every spell it can't find (though not the ingame names) , so I used this list to manually remove from override (very very tediously ) SPL files until the spell dissapeared from game.

So now while the Bams for the spell are B_C105 the actual spell is d5pp122.spl.

I don't know if anything is actually wrong with the spl files or not, as I substituted it with C105.SPL and the game still lagged.

Maybe the game lags because it's basically going two directions at the same time to get the spell to d5pp122.spl and the B_C105.SPL Bams and effects.

Or maybe the issue is the actual files.

What it truelly is that happened, is beyond me, so I'll post the files in a zip for you to check out with the change.log if you're interested in looking maybe.

(Maybe Also if you can send a zip from your override of these files ,I can get the spell ingame properly, which I would appreciate)

Disrupt Undead Issue.zip

Edited by DraikenWeAre

Okay I got to a computer and looked at the file you posted, and… it’s mostly fine? The only thing I see wrong is, apparently the variable didn’t resolve properly for the five spell ability headers (is currently “%SPELL_R” instead of “b_c105c”). This shouldn’t really cause any problem, but it’s an easy fix. Just open the spell in Near Infinity and manually change it. 

4 hours ago, DraikenWeAre said:

So now while the Bams for the spell are B_C105 the actual spell is d5pp122.spl.

That doesn’t matter. It is the .bam reference in the ability headers that needs to be changed. 

4 hours ago, DraikenWeAre said:

So i decided to make a save file with the spell selected, then uninstall FnP in a separate copy of my install folder and read the save file with EEKeeper based in that folders chitin.key.

I cannot stress this enough: EEKeeper was designed to, like, give yourself all 18s in a save file. You said up-thread that it is choking on these files. Let it go. If a tool isn’t effective, don’t try to use it more creatively - get better tools. Install NI and you can fix this in twenty seconds flat. 

@subtledoctorDude without EEKeeper I wouldn't have found this file.

I used Nesr Infinity and it didn't help , the file was saved under Disrupt undead , it literally has no name besides itself.

How can I let somthing go , when it's the primary thing that allowed me to find the issue's causation. 

Edited by DraikenWeAre

Well, like I say, the only issue I see is the file has a weird icon reference in the five ability headers. I don't think that would actually cause lag; I think this all may be a big red herring. But if it is the problem, correcting the .bam reference (or even just setting it to be blank) is all that's needed. EEKeeper, NI, however you want to do it, that's my prescription.

After looking into why trying to install a sphere gave me an error about to many lv7 cleric spells (I was two spells short of reaching the limit), I saw FnP was adding new spells, but not detecting the IWDification/SCS versions of Symbols of Pain and Hopelessness, potentially duplicating them. FnP seems to look in spell.ids for CLERIC_SYMBOL_OF_PAIN, but they're actually CLERIC_SYMBOL_PAIN without OF. Once I changed those IDs in spells_new_v75.tpa, it installed without problems.

On 9/14/2023 at 5:40 PM, subtledoctor said:

By the way, in testing a new version of druid shapeshifting, I have noticed an issue that might relate the the posts from a few weeks ago about Jaheira as a “fighter/cleric” fighter/druid and her spellbook. 

I just tested Jaheira in this configuration in BG2EE and it looks like she begins the game with no spells, but then she gets her proper spells upon leveling up. Not sure why this is… maybe an engine issue? But at any rate it seems the current workarounds are: 1) level her up, then play as normal; or 2) use the “vanilla” sphere system. Or, I guess 3) don’t install the “apply FnP kits to NPCs component, or 4) apply that component but afterwards remove the various “JAHEIR__.CRE” files from your override folder. 

Any heads up with this? Less worried about Jaheira (but that too) and more about any possible issues behind the curtains.

Edited by Connelly