Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

Hi

A few questions:

1) Just wondering if any one can provide a bit of help for installing fnP.  Tried installing FnP into BGEE - and while it installed without any issues when I opened the game to play it - the kits had phrases instead of kit names; and the spell descriptions - also had random phrases rather than the description of the spell; the picture was also not centred properly and in general the character screen during set up was a little off (everything was moved a bit to the left rather than centred). 

I have no other mods installed when I installed FnP to BGEE

2) Do I need to install DLCmerger to use mods with SoD?

Thanks

2) It depends on exactly what version of the game you have. Steam and GoG package SoD in a "dlc" archive that overrides other sources of the same files, while the direct Beamdog version integrates the content.

So, if you're using the Steam or GoG versions of the game, you need DlcMerger.

A few mods might work properly without SoD being merged ... but only if they don't include any new in-game text and don't alter any files also altered by SoD. This is not one of them.

The errors you saw - text for the new kits and spell descriptions being replaced with random stuff - are typical of the problems you see when installing to an unmerged SoD. That SoD version of dialog.tlk takes priority over the mod-updated version, and so the new string references point to SoD text instead of to the mod's new text.

@subtledoctor: If you want to avoid future questions like this, just add a merge check to the mod so users can't make the mistake. I copied mine from cdtweaks; first line in the ALWAYS block.

First reaction to FnP mod - great mod - thanks - loved the way the druid class was improved especially the shape shifting - specially installed for the druid component. 

- the mod was installed in BG2EE for a test run and I only tested the druid kit

Minor issues/thing I noticed:

1) When installing tweaks anthology - specifically "loosen druid multiclass equipment" - this has no effect on the equipment that my FnP druid can use - it seems equipment restrictions from FnP can not be over written by tweaks anthology loosen equipment restrictions. (FnP was installed before tweaks anthology)

2) you cannot just partially install the mod - either it is a full install of (sphere and kits) or it does not work correctly - eg removing the fnp druid kits while keeping the spell sphere screws up the spells in the vanilla druid spell book ie some spells are shifted in levels and duplicated - for example beast claws was shown in level 1 and also at level 2 (where it is supposed to be - you could also cast it at the level 1 spell slot oddly enough)

3) in a full install there was one 7th level spell that was unreadable just a string of numbers - btw were all the spells supposed to be visible in the druid spell book (ie at the beginning of the Irenicus' dungeon the druid spell book had all the spells up to 7th level in the spell book listed)

4) On character creation (of PC druid) the spells are not there in the character creation screen - I only get the common cleric spells that are shared between the cleric and druid class but no druid spells

5) the multiclass fnp mod (installed after tweaks anthology) specifically the druid/thief did not work correctly at least the spells - for me at least I only got cleric spells on character creation and the alignment was true neutral (no choice given)

The above issues might not even have anything to do with FnP as I do have other mods installed -- these are mods that add content (Athkala Grounds), UB, Tweak mods eg d5 _random, IWD tweaks etc, rogue rebalancing, unofficial item pack, and a mod that add IWD bard songs but nothing that adds brand new kits.  

Thanks - overall great mod

19 hours ago, magisensei said:

Another question when installing:

If you install the vanilla sphere component of the mod do you still need to install the sphere system?

Yes.

6 hours ago, magisensei said:

removing the fnp druid kits while keeping the spell sphere screws up the spells in the vanilla druid spell book ie some spells are shifted in levels and duplicated - for example beast claws was shown in level 1 and also at level 2

Yeah, partially installing/uninstalling the mod could lead to trouble if you are not careful (this is true of all mods, but especially big complex ones like this) - particularly if you go back to a savegame or character from earlier. 

were all the spells supposed to be visible in the druid spell book

Yes.

On character creation (of PC druid) the spells are not there in the character creation screen - I only get the common cleric spells that are shared between the cleric and druid class but no druid spells

Yes. Spells added by spheres appear later on in/after Chargen. You should get an innate ability to re-memorize spells once, giving you the ability to memorize whatever you want in the initial dungeon. 

the multiclass fnp mod (installed after tweaks anthology) specifically the druid/thief did not work correctly at least the spells - for me at least I only got cleric spells on character creation

Might already be fixed in newer versions of the mod

On 6/15/2023 at 1:44 PM, subtledoctor said:

Yes.

Yeah, partially installing/uninstalling the mod could lead to trouble if you are not careful (this is true of all mods, but especially big complex ones like this) - particularly if you go back to a savegame or character from earlier. 

Yes.

Yes. Spells added by spheres appear later on in/after Chargen. You should get an innate ability to re-memorize spells once, giving you the ability to memorize whatever you want in the initial dungeon. 

Might already be fixed in newer versions of the mod

EDIT: I had the wrong tab open and completely responded to a completely different discussion than the one I meant to. Apologies for the confusion!

Edited by morpheus562

Really enjoying this mod, but I'm noticing some minor bugs in 0.85sd19:

Everwatch Knight's True Seeing is not correctly assigned (the kit receives SPCL221, which is blank)

with NuFnP spheres, Jaheira's default fighter/druid kit receives two identical versions of Frost Fingers (one via Decay sphere, one via Water)

Stone Fist appears to be missing its icon in the priest scroll (example).

War hammer displaying bugged text in several kits at character creation (example).

Blank level 7 druid spell (example). NI shows it as SPPR738 (Summon Stalker), but it has no icon/description/spell assigned.

Faerie Fire is party-unfriendly, and if cast on enemies will affect allies as well. I don't know if this is intended so I figured I'd ask.

Nothing game-breaking, just figured I'd mention. Here's my weidu log if needed.

Edited by moggadeet
Guest Edward2023

A question about the paladin kit Inquisitor of Azuth and the interaction of SCS.

It says that the paladin Smite will cast a double strength dispel and double damage to wizards. Is that the Holy Smite, yes? 

The double damage works, but the dispel does not. I tried with the ogre mage summoned by the djinn in Irenicus dungeon. Multiple times, he keeps his stone skin and mirror images, only seems to lose the shield. No message of protections being dispelled.  I also tried with the actual dispel priest spell, even increased my level to 11, the same issue.

Am I understanding or doing this wrong? Is there a negative interaction with SCS? I do not think the ogre mage has more than 10 levels , I can kill him quickly with a few swings after the stoneskin is gone.

9 hours ago, Guest Edward2023 said:

also tried with the actual dispel priest spell, even increased my level to 11, the same issue.

Sounds to me like the problem is not with the Smite ability, but with dispelling in general. Could be some other changes in your game… but given that the Shield spell was dispelled, my best guess is that the ogre mage is simply scripted to have undispellable versions of Stoneskin and MI. 

10 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

... my best guess is that the ogre mage is simply scripted to have undispellable versions of Stoneskin and MI. 

Definitely not. The ogre mage is level 7 with SCS, so it would get "precast" Stoneskin and likely not memorize another instance to renew it. The SCS precast spells are straight-up clones of the originals, with the same dispel behavior as the original. If it does renew the spell, it does so by simply casting the normal spell.

10 hours ago, jmerry said:

Definitely not. The ogre mage is level 7 with SCS, so it would get "precast" Stoneskin and likely not memorize another instance to renew it. The SCS precast spells are straight-up clones of the originals, with the same dispel behavior as the original. If it does renew the spell, it does so by simply casting the normal spell.

Why would Shield be dispelled while Stoneskin is not? Forgive me, it’s been a while since since I’ve paid attention to this stuff, but aren’t buffs from a single source either all dispelled or all not dispelled? I’m just spitballing to try to explain the behavior they described  

In any event, given that the kit ability and the spell reportedly behave similarly, my conclusion is that whatever is going on in that game is unrelated to this mod.

20 hours ago, Endarire said:

To clarify, when you say that EE has a maximum of 255 single class kits, is that per class (Bard, Monk, etc.) or combined?

Total. If the engine tries to use a kit ability table from row # 256 or higher of KITLIST.2da, it will crash.

Multiclass kits get around this by an odd engine quirk, which is that multiclass kits do not actually use their own listed kit ability tables. That’s why you want to back-load the installation of multiclass kits. 

Edited by subtledoctor