Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

@subtledoctor it's one of the Artisan's kits. I installed a few of those, plus my usual FnP components (without the weapon/armor usability) and multicalss druids failed with the same error. Will try to see if it's a specific component.

EDIT - aaaand.. it's the arcane trickster multiclass kit. Installed only that and multiclass druids, and it fails again:

Spoiler

//ERROR Installing [Multiclass Druids], rolling back to previous state
//Will uninstall 157 files for [faiths_and_powers\Faiths_and_Powers.tp2] component 91.
//Uninstalled    157 files for [faiths_and_powers\Faiths_and_Powers.tp2] component 91.
//ERROR: Failure("ERROR: READ_2DA_ENTRY_FORMER failed on variable %table2_3_41%")
//Please make a backup of the file: Setup-Faiths_and_Powers.debug and look for support at: SubtleD and Grammarsalad
//Automatically Skipping [Multiclass Druids] because of error.
//Using Language [English]
//NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Multiclass Druids

Edited by Gwaihir
8 hours ago, Connelly said:

Are you installing the component "Trickster - Mimic Mod Kit Abilities

Never installed that. I believe that lets the single class thief kit 'trickster' pick up other mods abilities, and sounded too risky for me XD

What was causing issues is the multiclass mage/thief kit 'arcane trickster':

ArtisansKitpack:20001;The Artisan's Kitpack - Artisan's Kitpack: Arcane Trickster (Mage / Thief Kit)

I'm going to go as far as to say it might be a multiclass issue, since I tested other single class kits from the Artisan one by one, and for those multiclass druids from FnP was installing fine.

5 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

I'm going to go as far as to say it might be a multiclass issue, since I tested other single class kits from the Artisan one by one, and for those multiclass druids from FnP was installing fine.

You're right, I glazed over the "arcane" in there for some reason. Have you tried using his prerelease with only one installer for all components? I got grilled time ago for falling into that, but I recall Subtledoctor saying that particular one was stable enough?

5 hours ago, Connelly said:

Have you tried using his prerelease with only one installer for all components?

Don't know about that, I prefer picking components anyway. The version I used I got from artemius's github. Speaking of which, there was a new release 4 days ago. Going to test that on a clean BG2 with subtledoctor's mods first, though 🙃

No, I think Connelly was talking about v0.85, which is indeed what you have been installing. 

I reproduced the problem with the Arcane Trickster, but I’m not sure what, exactly, the problem is. The earlier mod uses QDMulti v10, while FnP 0.85 uses ADD_KIT_EX v0.3.0. I’ve had trouble before mixing mods with different versions of QDMulti… but FnP works fine when installed after MnG, which also uses QDMulti v10. So I’m guessing it’s something particular about the Arcane Trickster kit. But, just looking at things when that kit is installed, I can't (yet) see anything obvious that would trip up ADD_KIT_EX.

EDIT -

OK @Gwaihir I've found a workaround. The problem is in CLABTH01.2da - when I install the Arcane Trickster the file has 40 columns, except for the last row with the QDMulti spells - that row has 50 columns, so there are an extra 10 entries sticking out in the bottom row. If you make the file into a rectangle with a uniform number of columns, FnP will install. So you can pad out all the higher rows to level 50, or, maybe easier, just delete the last 10 entries in the longer row. That will fix things and let the install proceed.

EDIT 2 -

OK so it seems to have the same problem if you install Might & Guile and then Faiths & Powers. So it it nothing to do with the Artisan Kit itself. I'll add some code to FnP to fix up the CLAB tables before using ADD_KIT_EX. When I get around to it. For now, you can manually fix the table.

Edited by subtledoctor

Thank you so much @subtledoctor for going out of your way and finding this solution. It's easy enough to edit CLABTH01 and filling up the empty columns.

For the record, I installed the artisan's kitpack on a clean BG2 folder, fixed CLABTH01.2da, then installed a few components from MnG one by one, and none of those caused the same issue:

Spoiler

~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #97 // Add the Ninja (fighter/thief kit): 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #105 // Add the Spellfilcher (mage/thief kit): 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #110 // Add the Loremaster (mage/thief kit): 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #120 // Add Regional Ranger kits: 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #200 // Feats (but stop! Maybe try Scales of Balance Combat Skills instead!): 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #205 // Revised Archery: 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #225 // Revised Ranger Spell Table: 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #240 // Improved Rangers: 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #250 // Revised Berserker and Rage: 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #265 // Revised Monk Fists: 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #280 // Revised Backstabbing: 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #290 // Revised THAC0 Progression: 5alpha12.6
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE\MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ #0 #400 // Bard Overhaul: Multiclass Bards: 5alpha12.6

6 minutes ago, Gwaihir said:

For the record, I installed the artisan's kitpack on a clean BG2 folder, fixed CLABTH01.2da, then installed a few components from MnG one by one, and none of those caused the same issue

Huh. I just installed the Spellfilcher kit from MnG v5a12.6 and then I couldn't install FnP MultiDruids after it. CLABTH01.2da was in a similar state.

But, it turns out the solution here is much simpler, I just shouldn't use a vastly outdated version of ADD_KIT_EX! FnP has been using v0.3.0, and MnG was using v0.4.0, while the current master is v0.5.1...! I dropped the updated version into FnP's /lib folder and then the MultiDruid component installed fine, regardless of the state of CLABTH01.2da.

I've update the Faiths and Powers 0.85 branch to version 0.85sd15 to fix this. (I also update Might & Guile to version 5 alpha 12.7, though I don't think that one was suffering from the same difficulty.)

...And, a quick update to version 0.85sd16, which improves compatibility with the Might & Guile 'Revised Bards' mod when not also using 5E spellcasting for priests.

20 hours ago, Juniior said:

guys what what makes the everwatch knight strong compared to a fighter/watcher of helm?

because not only does the fighter/watcher have an equivalent of the paladin's +4 sword ability, but he also has the full power of a cleric and the progression of a fighter

I mean, there's a question of what is the point of paladins? We discussed this a long time ago - when enabling fighter/clerics for all sorts of deities, and enabling multiclass fighter/clerics for humans, why have paladins connected to those deities? Why not let fighter/clerics be the default "divine warriors" and eliminate the paladin class altogether?

The answer is, basically, "what if some player still wants to play a paladin?" So we left them in. In my newer builds the mod offers an option to keep paladins as a special class for only a few lawful/good deities - Torm, Tyr, Helm, Ilmater, Kelemvor, Sune - and different option to add paladin kits to all sorts of deities of every alignment. This way every player can tune things according to their whims: paladins for all alignments, or paladins only for LG deities, or no paladins at all and just have F/C's instead. (NPC_EE will let you convert the existing paladin NPCs to F/C's if you want to go that route.)

18 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I mean, there's a question of what is the point of paladins? We discussed this a long time ago - when enabling fighter/clerics for all sorts of deities, and enabling multiclass fighter/clerics for humans, why have paladins connected to those deities? Why not let fighter/clerics be the default "divine warriors" and eliminate the paladin class altogether?

The answer is, basically, "what if some player still wants to play a paladin?" So we left them in. In my newer builds the mod offers an option to keep paladins as a special class for only a few lawful/good deities - Torm, Tyr, Helm, Ilmater, Kelemvor, Sune - and different option to add paladin kits to all sorts of deities of every alignment. This way every player can tune things according to their whims: paladins for all alignments, or paladins only for LG deities, or no paladins at all and just have F/C's instead. (NPC_EE will let you convert the existing paladin NPCs to F/C's if you want to go that route.)

That is true, paladins overlaps too much with fighter/cleric, but i still believe they can somewhat coexist, like sorcerers and mages/bards, is just that it would require a very radical change to all paladins, something that makes them different.

we need to ask 3 questions.

what is a fighter, what is a paladin and what is a fighter/cleric.

my answer is.. 

A fighter is someone dedicated to martial arts, he isnt religious, he doesnt use magic, so he need to be the best at fighting with what he have, a high level fighter can be considered a "genius".

A fighter/cleric is someone who has sacrificed part of their daily dedication to a god to learn to be a better melee warrior, he should have less divine magic than a pure cleric and should never have the same martial prowess of a pure fighter.

Then there is the main issue, the paladin.

Perhaps he should be like a fighter, but not a genius, instead he is someone so devoted to an oath that he is blessed by a specific divine even without praying, the paladin's martial prowess should be stronger than a fighter/cleric, but weaker than a pure fighter, his kit should have self buff spells to represent his deity giving him aid, but also, aura like abilities to represent the inspiration he is to his party or the fear he causes to his enemies(evil paladins).

Anyway, I know it's a little late, but I just wanted to give my opinion on the matter.

Edited by Juniior

What's a Paladin? - Likely not safe for work due to language.

But, more seriously, a Paladin or Ranger is a single classed Fighter/Divine Caster hybrid that's meant to be some of each, but depending on what rules and mods you use, is debatably worthwhile in comparison.  A Paladin's main draw in vanilla BG is its ability to cast divine spells while using swords, and Carsomyr = Paladin.

@subtledoctorAppreciate all your mods! New to PI, EE moding and  I'm doing an EET install run. Whenever I try installing Will to Power 2.3.2 and Faiths and Powers 85sd16 w/ PI it gets grumpy about the install order. From what I can tell it's due to when the multiplayer component was merged with the main mod and the multiplayer metadata .ini is being used, causing PI to want to install both mods after one another. Given how new I am to this, I'm very likely missing something given you easily did an install with your current playthrough, so apologies if you've gone over this a thousand times already.

From what I can tell I'm not playing with any of the multiplayer components, so can I just change the in the .ini and install WtP after FnP?

Just for clarification I've put all the components I'm using from both in the spoilers below.

Spoiler

D5_PSIONICS_SOULBLADE;Will to Power - Add the Soulblade, fighter/psion
D5_PSIONICS_PSYPHER;Will to Power - Add the Psypher, ranger/psion
D5_PSIONICS_CEREBREMANCER;Will to Power - Add the Cerebremancer, mage/psion
D5_PSIONICS_DARK_SUN_MODE;Will to Power - Dark Sun Mode: Everyone Is a Wild Talent
D5_PSIONICS_PSIONICIST;Will to Power - Add the Psionicist, rogue/psion
D5_VPLUS_SPHERE_SYSTEM;Faiths and Powers - VPlus: traditional spell lists, kits get focus access to two FnP spheres
D5_FNP_CLERIC_KITS;Faiths and Powers - Install Cleric kits
D5_FNP_DRUID_KITS;Faiths and Powers - Install Druid kits
D5_APPLY_SPHERE_SYSTEM;Faiths and Powers - Apply Sphere System (REQUIRED for the sphere system to work)

Thanks again!