Unearthed Arcana presents Faiths & Powers: Gods of the Realms

From the github where I posted this: There is no innate ability to shapeshift into anything. Even if I level up to level 7, I still can't shapeshift into the chosen forms. Selecting the ability to shapeshift into a creature of choice does appears in game at level up - but I cannot then 'do' the shapeshift.

I've clearly broken something, but none of the errors during install looked like they were critical. Am I supposed to have enabled some feature in another mod like shapeshifter paws in inventory or some such? Or is because of Bubb's Spell Menu Extended UI mod?

Is there any work around to restore the ability to shapeshift? I don't know what I've messed up.

[WeiDU.log](https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers/files/12756235/WeiDU.log)

I have tried installing ONLY Faiths and Powers on to a fresh install of BGEE. The druid issue persists though slightly different, so I know a mod must be interfering with it before - but it persists here so I know there's an issue here as well.

Shape shifting isn't showing up everytime I click the innate abilities. Instead it shows up sometimes, at random, when I click into the innate ability section, while being gone at other times. I can't find any reason as to why.

The class description indicates shapeshifting ability occurs every two levels after level 1, so it should be 1 at 1, 2 at 3, 3 at 5, 4 at 7 etc.

At level 1, I do not have a shape shift ability, when I should according to the Forest Druid description.

At level 2, I have two abilities to shape shifts into black bear, when I should only have one.

At level 3, I have two shifts to black bear, and I am meant to have two.

At level 4, I have no shape shifts at all, and instead I must choose a form. A few seconds later, I clicked innate again, and I could see the ability to shapeshift again - I have three shifts, when I should only have two. Additionally, when I choose a new form to take, the new form does not show up under innate abilities, no matter how many times I click into the area.

At level 5, I still don't have the new innate ability form I chose. Still three bear shifts instead.

This may be user error. I don't mean that to sound rude.

The way the system can track how many uses you have of several innates in a pool, as opposed to each innate separately, is by removing all of them, and then one second later (give or take half a second and depending on your computer speed/game framerate) give them all back to you, in the appropriate amount. This happens 1) every time you shapeshift; 2) every time you resume your natural form; 3) every time you sleep; and 4) every time you choose a new shapeshift form.

If your game is paused or you are simply quick on the trigger, you may click your innates button in that second when the abilities are not there. So if you don't see what you think you should see, try letting the game clock run for a couple seconds; and/or resting. If a chosen shapeshift form still doesn't appear, then it means there is a problem.

As for the number of uses per day, I believe you get an additional use at every even level. So two at 2nd level, three at 4th level, etc. up to eleven at 20th level.

4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

This may be user error. I don't mean that to sound rude.

The way the system can track how many uses you have of several innates in a pool, as opposed to each innate separately, is by removing all of them, and then one second later (give or take half a second and depending on your computer speed/game framerate) give them all back to you, in the appropriate amount. This happens 1) every time you shapeshift; 2) every time you resume your natural form; 3) every time you sleep; and 4) every time you choose a new shapeshift form.

If your game is paused or you are simply quick on the trigger, you may click your innates button in that second when the abilities are not there. So if you don't see what you think you should see, try letting the game clock run for a couple seconds; and/or resting. If a chosen shapeshift form still doesn't appear, then it means there is a problem.

As for the number of uses per day, I believe you get an additional use at every even level. So two at 2nd level, three at 4th level, etc. up to eleven at 20th level.

No insult taken :) clearly in my regular mod list something must be broken for shapeshifting to be lost entirely. 

However, when trying just this mod without any other mods, I did try waiting extended periods, resting, and after shape shifting. None of the other forms besides basic bear at level one showed up, even though I did have the ability after level up to choose new forms. Pretty sure I had the latest github version 0.84.5. Not sure what I'm doing wrong there. 

2 hours ago, phlaphee said:

Probably a silly question, but how do I select the archetype for a Champion Kit?

I rolled an "Everwatch Knight" (that should be able to chose between Defender and Inquisitor) but can't find an option to actually select an Archetype.

Look at the innate abilities of your paladin, there should a "Choose archetype" button around.

1 hour ago, phlaphee said:

Unfortunately there isn't one.

I'm moding my game with Project Infinity so some other mod might be interfiring. I'll check on this for now.

Do you have some other mod changing the paladin class installed after F&P? Some tweaks are fairly safe when installed before F&P. I myself have seen an order of MiH's > IWD's > Artisan's > Might and Guile's cavalier as fighter > F&P that worked quite well; F&P even applies the champion treatment to new kits like Artisan's Martyr. But except for Tweaks Anthology I wouldn't bet on them not stomping on F&P's modifications if installed after.

Ok, I think I've discovered the component that is causing this: SCS's Improved NPC customisation and management.

I'm just guessing here as I have no modding experience whatsoever, but SCS adds a special ability to change NPC class / kit via dialogue and that seems to make FnP added ability for Paladins to not show up.

And unfortunately I can't move SCS's component before FnP because, as I've learned from multiple install tests, that particular SCS component has to go after EET End otherwise it will only affect only SOME NPCs (from what I can tell, only those that appear in both BG and BG2).

Don't know if this is fixable by any of the mods' authors, but for now I'll try and see if I can add the paladin ability via EEKeeper.

You can add the paladin ability via the in-game console. Hover the cursor over your character and type

C:AddSpell("D5PADLG")

and that should grant you the select ability. EEkeeper can interact weirdly with complex mods such as this one and it's best to avoid it if you can. NPC_EE seems to avoid the issues that some people have reported with SCS' NPC customization component, if you want to make changes to NPCs in future installs.

EEKeeper is probably fine in this instance - it really only messes up my alternate spellcasting rules mods, like 5E Casting and multi-sorcerers. And even there I have added some safeguards. I still think it’s kind if bad and rude for doing things to savegames that the user doesn't explicitly choose to do. 

I don’t know why SCS would mess this up. One possibility I’ve seen hints of: it seems like, when I bring a character down to level 0, the game tries to apply some CLAB effects then, even though it should not happen until 1st level. And this can interrupt them - maybe because they have headers with min_level = 1? I’m not sure, just a theory. So what I do in NPC_EE is patch a 318 effect into all level 1 “AP_” CLAB spells, preventing their effects if level = 0. I highly doubt I have anything to teach @DavidW, but I will tag him just in case this tidbit is useful. 

Edited by subtledoctor