4udr4n's EET PI Multi-Install

4udr4n

Yeah, I'm retrying without EEex and any mods dependent upon it.

@Cahir did you have issues with WSR?

I've just tried it instead of RWS and PI can't install it, it fails to copy the folders from my unzipped mods to the game directory, then tries to run setup-wsr.exe and fails. I wonder if it is linked to the folder names differing from the .tp2 name? @aVENGER_(RR) @ALien any suggestions?

I've manually installed it instead, with no issues.

12 minutes ago, Cahir said:

I used v1.14 of WSR doeloaded fro SHS.

Ah, I somehow have 1.13, thanks. I'll let you know if anything works in game. I think RWS worked, but made no changes to kit descriptions in my last game (before I gave up actually playing in favour of fiddling with install orders!).

12 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Sounds like you have high INT. 

Why thank you, I'm flattered!

I must have missed this, are there bonus proficiencies for high INT for all characters? Are there any other adjustments? Do you have a table of the full revised stat bonuses, as the in game descriptions are a little lacking.

8 minutes ago, 4udr4n said:

Why thank you, I'm flattered!

I must have missed this, are there bonus proficiencies for high INT for all characters? Are there any other adjustments? Do you have a table of the full revised stat bonuses, as the in game descriptions are a little lacking.

This is from the Stat Bonus Overhaul. I think. Or maybe the WPO? Poop, now I forget. Maybe it’s this: with WPO, you get a few extra proficiencies at level 1 (which cannot be used for specialization, only to broaden you base proficiencies); and with SBO you get extra proficiencies periodically as you gain levels (which can be used to gain higher mastery).  The latter, at least, is in the INT table in the Readme. (Be aware though, that table is wrong about bonus spell slots, they only apply via TnB now. Need to fix that.)

EDIT actually, that table has the level 1 bonus proficiencies too! Good. So maybe both are entirely from the SBO. 

2 hours ago, Cahir said:

@4udr4n were you able to instal jimfix:400:Prevent silent prebuffs ? In my installation it was skipped, even if I put it after SCS.

No:

Using Language [English]
Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
SKIPPING: [Prevent silent prebuffs]
    Requires Smarter Mages
weidu_external/lang/english/setup.tra file not found. Skipping...

Smarter Mages did install.

6 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

This is from the Stat Bonus Overhaul. I think. Or maybe the WPO? Poop, now I forget. Maybe it’s this: with WPO, you get a few extra proficiencies at level 1 (which cannot be used for specialization, only to broaden you base proficiencies); and with SBO you get extra proficiencies periodically as you gain levels (which can be used to gain higher mastery).  The latter, at least, is in the INT table in the Readme. (Be aware though, that table is wrong about bonus spell slots, they only apply via TnB now. Need to fix that.)

EDIT actually, that table has the level 1 bonus proficiencies too! Good. So maybe both are entirely from the SBO. 

This makes a lot of sense. I was getting a lot of free points in BG2EE, hadn;t gotten round to investigating and reporting.

What's the rationale behind the free points? Generally, WPO makes it far easier to have enough points already as you cover more weapons per point. I get the INT bonuses.

8 minutes ago, 4udr4n said:

What's the rationale behind the free points?

Just to give some reason for a fighter to not dump INT. With high INT you can basically be proficient in almost every weapon and style. And have more choice later as to which ones to take to higher mastery. 

3 hours ago, 4udr4n said:

Ah, are the L1 points also INT dependent?

They are INT-dependent.  You get:

• +1 at level 1, and +1 at levels 9 and 18, if you have 13 INT
  • +2 at level 1, and +1 at levels 7, 14, and 21 if you have 15 INT
  • +3 at level 1, and +1 at levels 5, 10, 15, and 20 if you have 17 INT

Raising your INT mid-stream will get you the faster bonus proficiencies as you level up, but will not retroactively give you the level 1 proficiencies.  Bards get the 13-INT bonus at 15 INT, and the 15-INT bonus at 17 INT.  I don't recall whether multiclass warriors get these bonuses. 

32 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I don't recall whether multiclass warriors get these bonuses. 

My Fighter/Sorcerer gets them.

I asked elsewhere, with saving throws moved elsewhere, what does CON of 7-14 actually do now with SoB?

EEex removed, everythign seems to be stable. aTweaks and klatu still yet to install, but SCS is in, and I am not getting random crashes.

@subtledoctor I'm about to give you a long list of questions and potential bug/missing content from various kits and abilites. Do you want it all here in one list, as github issues, PMs or in your various mod threads? What is most convenient?

EEex crashes almost always generate a .dmp, a freeze with no crash report is usually the engine entering an infinite loop. Would be strange if EEex is causing these stalls, but since there's no generated .dmps for me to look at I can't tell if it's EEex or not. If you do ultimately narrow it down to EEex I'll gladly try to reproduce the bug and squash it.

An interesting thing to try would be to manually install EEex on top of your working install. If it starts crashing, totally EEex. You can always uninstall to get everything back to working order.

3 hours ago, 4udr4n said:

My Fighter/Sorcerer gets them.

I asked elsewhere, with saving throws moved elsewhere, what does CON of 7-14 actually do now with SoB?

Maybe nothing. With BG making ~80-85 seem like a normal stat total, the average stat score or that total is about 13-14. So I generally start giving bonuses at 14-15.