Dark Side of the Sword Coast, Faiths & Powers, Tome & Blood, Spell Revisions

I think SR should go before F&P and T&B, but @subtledoctor, @Grammarsalad, and @Aquadrizzt would know best.

I don't have much experience with DSotSC, but installing it early is probably a good idea due to its age.

9 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

If it uses ADD_SPELL too much, then you could run out of space for new spells; then SR and/or FnP will not install. 

I have no idea what the chance of that happening actually is. 

It doesn't add too many spells — check out this list.  (Which reminds me, I should reply to that topic w/ SR's spells now that it's finally using ADD_SPELL.)

I recall that having been one of the constraints back in the day that caused issues.  I'd hoped they had fixed that when they did the Enhanced Editions, but it looks like they only hit some of the hardcoded constraints and left others in place.  I remember the limits being in place for

• Kits (UI related) - Fixed
  • Classes
  • Races/Subraces
  • Spells - UI fixed, but still a limit to the # of spells/level
  • Animations - The number of animation slots for creatures used to be limited as I recall, but this seems to have been fixed now and all the IE games have their animations crossported as far as I can tell, which is a huge boon.

50 spells per level with each prefix (sppr, spwi, spin, and spcl) that can be added via ADD_SPELL, meaning they will be linked to IDS names in spell.ids for scripting purposes, and in the case of actual spellbook spells they will be available in the character generation menus, and at level-up for sorcerers and shamans.

A mod that adds spells which don’t need to be available in the CharGen menus, or which is solely for NPCs to use, can simply add spells with different names, and the number is functionally limitless. I recall in the old days some mega mods used to ADD_SPELL spells that didn’t need it, needlessly taking up limited sppr/spwi spots. I gather they are better about that now.

3 hours ago, Caedwyr said:

I remember the limits being in place for

• Kits (UI related) - Fixed
  • Classes
  • Races/Subraces

Races and classes are still very much limited. Kits are limited to 255 - however, that is only for kits that actually poll their CLAB__ 2da tables at level-up. We’ve found that multiclass kits don’t do that - they use the trueclass CLAB__01.2da tables. So Aquadrizzt made a function to create multiclass kits and give them kit abilities via targeted opcode 177 effects in the trueclass tables. As a result, you can have 255 single-class kits and then an unlimited number of multiclass kits. Faiths & Powers takes this to heart; as a result, in my current game I have ~325 kits installed, with no problems. :cool: