New & Improved Cleric Kit Thread

CamDawg

I chose to make them 1-handed as doing weird things like 1-handed Spears (or people casting Spiritual Weapon making a 2-handed weapon with a shield equipped) will cause crashes.

It's not ideal, but personally I think it is the best way. It also allows the Cleric to un-equip the weapon, if need be.

:D

I don't understand: you mean the one you've created is already one-handed? A one-handed spear with a one-handed animation (i.e. not spear) will not crash the game, BTW. Other magically-created weapons can't be unequipped and they're disspellable, so I'm not sure why kit clerics and their spiritual weapons should be any different.

Consensus time--1H spear created in magical weapon slot or 2H spear created in inventory? (I'm sorry, Andyr, I'm not trying to undo your work, promise!)

Case for One-Handed Spear

Consistent with other magically-created weapons

Can only be wielded by caster

No chance of dropping items out of inventory

Can be disspelled

Does not need to be equipped after casting

Can not be unequipped

Case for Two-Handed Spear

Doesn't need screwy animation compromise

True to Deity weapon

Can be (un)equipped at will

Not disspellable

There are numerous spells that can be relatively quickly and safely (i.e. you don't have to bother converting 3E->2E rules, because they are 2E) obtained from IWD1: HoW

Level 1 - Curse (called Bane in 3E/IWD2), Sunscorch

Level 2 - Alicorn Lance, Beast Claw

Level 3 - Cloudburst, Exaltation, Mold Touch, Moonblade, Prayer, Spike Growth, Storm Shell

Level 4 - Blood Rage, Giant Insect, Produce Fire, Recitation, Smashing Wave, Star Metal Cudgel, Static Charge, Thorn Spray, Unfailing Endurance, Wall of Moonlight

Level 5 - Animal Rage, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, Shield of Lathander, Spike Stones, Undead Ward

Level 6 - Entropy Shield, Spiritual Wrath, Whirlwind

Level 7 - Greater Shield of Lathander, Impervious Sanctity of Mind, Mist of Eldath, Stalker, Symbol of Hopelessness, Symbol of Pain

If we spend a bit of extra time converting the IWD2 spells to 2E rules (level 8 and 9, for example, obviously don't exist in 2E/BG2), we could also have:

Level 1 - Faerie Fire, Frost Fingers

Level 2 - Bull's Strength, Ice Blade, Minor Elemental Barrier, Rainstorm, Remove Fatigue, Spell Shield

Level 3 - Blindness, Circle of Bones, Contagion, Halt Undead, Ice Blade, Magic Circle Against Evil, Snakebite, Tortoise Shell

Level 4 - Dismissal, Giant Vermin, Recitation,

Level 5 - Healing Circle, Ice Storm, Smashing Wave, Static Charge, Wall of Fire

Level 6 - Banishment, Divine Shell

Level 7 - Aura of Vitality, Destruction, Elemental Barrier, Sunbeam (I'm not sure if this is the same as Sunray or not)

Level 8 - Antimagic Field, Holy Aura, Mass Heal, Tremor (I'm not sure if this is the same as Earthquake or not)

Level 9 - Elemental Legion, Shambler

I need a day off from Delainy, so I thought I would give work on the cleric rebalancing component. Progress so far:

* Trueclass clerics no lnger have access to these spells

* Added Summon Insects, Dolorous Decay and Creeping Doom for trueclass clerics

* Imported some of the IWD priest spells

Archived