HTaM: Overview and Download Links

18 hours ago, Belegur said:

I'll admit to not understanding the clue in the Pirate Legacy quest. Can I have a hint?

The poem describes five mountains, each of which symbolizes one of the fingers of the hand. And the features of the description of each mountain suggest which finger it is about. I will write to you in private messages so as not to spoil it here.

Mod updated!
New version - 4.2.6!

- Now after the battle of the half-orcs with the Collector, if any of them survived, they will all leave the battlefield
- Fixed installation bug of the first component (the bug appeared in the previous version due to an oversight)

Hi Austin, I'm gonna use the first component only for my new play-through to have more interjections for the vanilla NPCs. I would like to confirm whether this MOD add interjections for Imoen in the quests in Chapter 2 (where she does not have any in vanilla game)?

Edited by marcnivar
On 6/21/2022 at 1:17 PM, xiaoleiwen said:

Hi Austin, I'm gonna use the first component only for my new play-through to have more interjections for the vanilla NPCs. I would like to confirm whether this MOD add interjections for Imoen in the quests in Chapter 2 (where she does not have any in vanilla game)?

Hello! Yes, the mod adds them, although not too many. There are interjections of Imoen in some dialogues in the Umar Hills, in a dialogue with Merett in the Secret Refuge of the Wild Mages, reactions to Cernd's mini-quest in the Slums, in Trademeet after the appearance of the statues, in Nalia's castle after killing the troll, interjections in the new dialogue of Anomen with a prostitute in the Bridge area, in a scene with a storyteller in a tavern.
These reactions are available in any chapter.
As well as additional phrases of Imoen in the Irenicus dungeon, but this applies to the first chapter.

The second component of the mod also adds a mini-quest in the bank for Imoen.

Thanks for such a detailed explanation, it does really help in my planning in play-through to get more content from Imoen. I'm also quite surprised that the reactions that you have mentioned here did not overlap with I heard from the Imoen Romance MOD. It seems like I can make her pretty interactive in those side quests with both MOD installed.

I guess I will still install most components this time 😅

Guest Morgoth

Austin,
1) how is the progress with this mod? Did the work on it end? Referring in particular to the 

little silver dragon you meet. Have you thought about adding a quest concerning his mother? 

2) I also seem to have understood you all have stopped working on the archeology build. There was also a village mod mentioned that was split from that mod? Wondering if you are still planning for something ;)

You're right - when I added Imoen's new lines, I installed "Imoen Romance" mod at the same time to see if this mod added her lines in the same situations. This helped to avoid duplication and two of her lines in a row)

I also installed BCaesar and Ratatoskr's MegaMod, as it also adds new interjections in many situations (especially Mazzy), and tried to make sure that HTaM did not duplicate NPC reactions in the same situations.

Edited by Austin

It sound that this MOD should be quite compatible with Imoen Romance, which is a good news to me now. Read through almost the whole thread of Imoen Romance on the BD forum today and feel like that MOD seems not too compatible with the other MODs that add dialogues for Imoen. I might be wrong but I almost consider leaving HTM in this playthrough due to that impression...

I used this MOD with the Mazzy Mega MOD in previous run, I indeed didn't notice any duplicated reactions.

9 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

Austin,
1) how is the progress with this mod?

Hello! Thanks for your interest in mod!

As for the quest with the dragon - this would require a script for such a quest. But, unfortunately, I have no ideas at the moment about how this quest should take place, and no one who wants to write texts for it. In addition, I have little free time this year due to family matters, so many projects (including a mod that adds a new village) have had to be abandoned for now. Hope this is temporary.

From other projects, I managed to code one third of the future mod about the detective guild. I will definitely try to finish this project, because there is already a ready-made script and texts for it, but I don’t know how long it will take.

As for HTaM, I will continue to fix the found errors and bugs (a few have already been found and I plan to fix them soon). If new interjection or banter ideas come up, I'll add those too, but I don't have any new ideas at the moment. If someone offers their own options for new interjections for the NPC, I will be happy to add them.

Edited by Austin