Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

30 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

I tried installing 10.0 and I got this error: ERROR: Failure("resource [SPIN645.spl] not found for 'COPY'")

then I tried 9.2 and it installed without problems.

Let me know if the attached file installs correctly for you.

Edited by morpheus562

I don't know what is up with the attached file but I got two .exe files from it, I made it work tho.

Now it gives me another error:

ERROR at line 120 column 8-16 Near Text: ACTION_IF Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [enhanced-powergaming-scripts/components/BG2EE/initialize.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

I modded BG1EE so I don't know what BG2EE/initialize.tpa is about.

8 minutes ago, Elder Enigma said:

I don't know what is up with the attached file but I got two .exe files from it, I made it work tho.

Now it gives me another error:

ERROR at line 120 column 8-16 Near Text: ACTION_IF Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [enhanced-powergaming-scripts/components/BG2EE/initialize.tpa]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

I modded BG1EE so I don't know what BG2EE/initialize.tpa is about.

That was my bad, missing a "BEGIN". Please try this one.

Edited by morpheus562
Test file removed.

Official release for version 10.1 which brings the following enhancements:

• All Games
    • Players can now have individuals swap between skill modes using hotkey "V". This will cycle through no special skill use, find traps, hide in shadows, singing, and turn undead. This accounts for my other mods that let bards find traps and removes the standard turn undead for a special use ability.
  • BGEE, BG2EE, and EET
    • Added spell tracking to Haste and Improved Haste if Spell Revisions is installed.
    • Updated Wild Magic and Dead Magic zones to not install on BGEE.

I saw that 10.1 was released with an option to swap skills, which sounds like an ideal way to address my very minor issue with party members constantly turning undead when idle - thank you.  However, after fully uninstalling 10.0 and then installing 10.1 I don't see any skill toggling or message from pressing V when a single character or the party is selected.  Concerning Anomen specifically I've tried it with having Turn Undead checked and unchecked in his script configuration.  I also verified that the hotkey is defined in enhanced-powergaming-scripts.ini.  Am I missing something?  Should I be able to now select Anomen and press V to toggle between the states of [no special skill] and [turn undead]?

As a side note I installed EEex v0.98.0-alpha to test it with your scripts and the decisions the party makes regarding spell use are great.

24 minutes ago, ArtificialEnthusiasm said:

I saw that 10.1 was released with an option to swap skills, which sounds like an ideal way to address my very minor issue with party members constantly turning undead when idle - thank you.  However, after fully uninstalling 10.0 and then installing 10.1 I don't see any skill toggling or message from pressing V when a single character or the party is selected.  Concerning Anomen specifically I've tried it with having Turn Undead checked and unchecked in his script configuration.  I also verified that the hotkey is defined in enhanced-powergaming-scripts.ini.  Am I missing something?  Should I be able to now select Anomen and press V to toggle between the states of [no special skill] and [turn undead]?

As a side note I installed EEex v0.98.0-alpha to test it with your scripts and the decisions the party makes regarding spell use are great.

If you have Anomen and press the "V" key, he should now state he is either turning undead or not using any special skills. You will also see the Turn Undead icon activate/deactive. If you have my Turn Undead Overhaul component from my Skills and Abilities mod then you will not be able to do this since the Turn Undead icon is removed. Similarly, if you have a Bard it will cycle singing or no special skills (also find traps if you have my thieving skills for bards). Is Party AI turned on?

Edited by morpheus562
41 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

If you have Anomen and press the "V" key, he should now state he is either turning undead or not using any special skills. You will also see the Turn Undead icon activate/deactive. If you have my Turn Undead Overhaul component from my Skills and Abilities mod then you will not be able to do this since the Turn Undead icon is removed. Similarly, if you have a Bard it will cycle singing or no special skills (also find traps if you have my thieving skills for bards). Is Party AI turned on?

Ok, that's how I thought it should work but nothing happens - no icon change, no message from Anomen, and the "Anomen: Turning Undead" message continues to show up in the text window despite pressing V and verifying that party AI is on.  I did install the script and EEex mid-playthough, though, so perhaps a better test would be to start a fresh game.  Thanks again for the new functionality and the quick reply.