Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

Yes, that is intended. This forces constant detect illusion/find traps and will override most other actions. If a character has the ability to detect traps, they will do so constantly when idle, regardless if the radial button is selected. The option is there to force your characters to do this detection in combat if you know there are traps around that need to be disabled (i.e. Guarded Compound in the Temple District).

Wait - as long as a thief has find traps active in the options he/she will never autoattack enemies in combat? I.e., you constantly have to switch find traps on or off depending on whether you are in combat or not? If that is how it works, that sounds like a really bad idea...

Edited by cdds
6 minutes ago, cdds said:

Wait - as long as a thief has find traps active in the options he/she will never autoattack enemies in combat? I.e., you constantly have to switch find traps either on or off depending on whether you are in combat or not? If that is how it works, that sounds like a really bad idea...

Regardless if that radial button is selected, if a character is able to find traps they will. All that radial button does is force the character to find traps/dispel illusions whether they are inside combat or not.

For example with a thief:

• No Radial Button & outside of combat: will detect traps
  • No Radial Button & in combat: will attack and cast spells
  • Radial Button active & outside of combat: will detect traps
  • Radial Button active & in combat: will detect traps

Ah i see, so the "sensible" default setting for rogues would be "find traps" off (apart from fights where you actually want the rogue to find traps instead of fighting). This is maybe a bit counter-intuitive; would it be possible to rename the button into something like "find traps during combat"?

Guest GaeBaeRae

I love the concept of this mod, it does everything I could possibly want, but I seem to be having a strange issue with it that I don't see reported anywhere else.

Randomly in battle targeting appears to be cleared and reset, often multiple times a round. The result is that (especially in melee combat) I seem to be missing out on at least half of my possible attacks. Sometimes my PC will stand there untargeting and retargeting for several rounds without making any actual attacks. My shaman also toggles her dance on and off several times within a round, and ceases to dance entirely if something does get summoned.

This seems to happen only with EET - running only on BGEE or BG2EE seems to target fine (although I didn't test the shaman), and only with version 10+ - the 9.2 scripts work great in EET, and I would just use those if it weren't for the solo-buffing toggle.

Halp pls T_T

Guest GaeBaeRae

So I went to test BG2EE and added a shaman into the mix and I'm getting the same behaviour with her, also while not as bad (possibly due to more APR) my FMC was also having issues untargeting and retargeting especially once surrounded by mephits. My previous test was just with a monk which may have thrown a false 'working' test - again due to APR.

Still waiting on my account validation but if you're referring to the install log (couldn't find any other log files) here is the BG2EE text:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Install Enhanced Powergaming Scripts -> Accelerated Pre-Buffing Speed: v10.1.1
~ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Enhanced Scripts for Summoned Celestials: v10.1.1
~ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Enhanced Scripts for Simulacrum: v10.1.1

And the EET text:

~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core (resource importation): V13.4
~EET_END/EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end (last mod in install order) -> Standard installation
~ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #15 // Install Enhanced Powergaming Scripts -> Accelerated Pre-Buffing Speed: v10.1.1
~ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Enhanced Scripts for Summoned Celestials: v10.1.1
~ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Enhanced Scripts for Simulacrum: v10.1.1

If there's any other logs you need I'll need a hand locating them. Hopefully this helps!

4 hours ago, Guest GaeBaeRae said:

Definitely happening for all characters. I have tried with and without EEex, it didn't seem to make a difference.

Can you try this and see if it works in correcting your issue?

Edited by morpheus562
Removed test file
Guest GaeBaeRae

I can happily confirm that (so far at least) these seem to be working much better! I'm still noticing the targeting toggling off and on but it appears to be tied to the round timer and doesn't seem to impacting how many attacks are being made, so I assume that part at least is intended.

The shaman is still acting weird. She will toggle dancing on and off again every second, I can't confirm that it is resulting in fewer summons but it feels like it? If summoning fails she switches to attacking for a round, which feels right. But if summoning succeeds she also switches to attacking with only the one creature out, and then goes back to summoning when the creature goes away. I'm not sure how much of this behavior is intended but it doesn't match the MO_CORE script (thank you for including that btw!)

@GaeBaeRaeokay, this is odd since what I changed, updated the frequency the scripts run the challenge rating check which is separate from the attacking check. I'm not seeing what your experiencing on my end. If you don't mind me asking, do you have an older or newer computer system?

Here is a newer test version. Do you see any improvement on this?

Edited by morpheus562
Removed test file