Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

Guest Graion@Work

I never said I would have removed Dispel Screen though - that was the reason I suggested ADD_SPELLing it back. WIZARD_SHIELD (or whatever IDS entry being used here) would remain DS while SI would get new (suffixed individual) IDS entries, subspells and whatnot, entirely separated. Messing with Dispel Screen also breaks SCS afterall and even relying on the IWD scripts might lead to erratic behaviour. SI being installed as an additional spellpack after SR isn't optimal either, sure and I acknowledge that as well, but it wouldn't break any downstream assumption on the IDS entry's role when SR's installed.

5 hours ago, Guest Graion@Work said:

I never said I would have removed Dispel Screen though - that was the reason I suggested ADD_SPELLing it back. WIZARD_SHIELD (or whatever IDS entry being used here) would remain DS while SI would get new (suffixed individual) IDS entries, subspells and whatnot, entirely separated. Messing with Dispel Screen also breaks SCS afterall and even relying on the IWD scripts might lead to erratic behaviour. SI being installed as an additional spellpack after SR isn't optimal either, sure and I acknowledge that as well, but it wouldn't break any downstream assumption on the IDS entry's role when SR's installed.

I wasn't aware that omitting Dispel Screen would negatively impact SCS, but it makes sense. To be honest, I'm only using SR to get a very select few of the buffed spells (usually with regards to duration, but sometimes for differences in effect, such as Tenser's Transformation and Shield). Changing the duration of spells is easy enough, I would imagine, but I wonder if there might be a relatively accessible (I have a basic understanding of how to navigate NearInfinity and I can sometimes get desired effects by Frankensteining other people's code) way to modify these spells without installing SR and causing such issues in other mods like SCS and EPS.

I've played a bit with the basic ai using the new .ini options enabled (version 8.0.1 according to my weidu log): auto attack, auto healing, and auto long duration buffs. They work, but I think there is room for improvement, particularly with auto healing.

My experience with auto healing on basic ai is that npcs will do the following things I find annoying:

• they will interrupt movement to cast a healing spell
  • they will cast healing spells during combat

The former is annoying because it delays what I wanted the character do, and even if I didn't mind that I still need to order them to move again after they finish the spell. The latter is annoying because it results in the character often doing what I do not want them do to, wastes their action for the round, and dips back into the 'game playing itself' that I am seeking to avoid by using the basic ai in the first place. While not a problem with the ai itself, there is also the issue that waiting for a dozen low level healing spells to be cast sucks.

I would suggest that when this option is enabled, healing spells are only cast by the ai out of combat and when they are not moving.

The SCS ease of use ai avoids a irritation by having all of its scripted spells cast with 0 casting time and aura cleansing. I think you will see the value in this the next time you wait for two priests to cast their 20 cure spells.

I would also suggest that be used for the long duration spells being auto casted. Having to wait for ironskins after a rest seems like a waste of time, when it could be instant and confer no mechanical advantage to the player.

These concerns notwithstanding, the .ini options is a great improvement to the basic ai. Well done, as always.

22 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

I'm really curious regarding NPCs casting healing spells during combat since the scripts are created to prevent in combat healing. Under what circumstances does this occur and which spells are being cast? I did see monk lay on hands will cast in combat (which I just corrected); otherwise, this shouldn't be a thing.

To your point about interrupting movement, as of today I should have a solution to that! I worked with @Bubb and will now use EEex to create/use custom triggers going forward. Scripts will still work without EEex, but they will be even more advanced when EEex is installed. Directly regarding your concern, I can now have a trigger to check if the player is moving and not cast a spell when that is true.

EDIT: Draft versions of the scripts have been updated to NOT cast while the characters are moving (EEex required) and to have an ini option to accelerate the speed of casting healing spells. I have also updated various other spells to not begin casting if the player is moving (also EEex required). I'm going to be doing more testing on my end to ensure everything works before releasing.

The healing spells being used are cure light wounds, cure moderate wounds, and cure medium wounds.

Their being cast in combat seems somewhat inconsistent. One factor seems to be if the caster themself is in combat: in my last session where i started looking for this, I did not see any cases of a caster casting healing spells while attacking, but they did cast while they were not fighting but other party members were.

Hey morpheus562. Thanks for this great mod, it makes things so much easier. In the past, I would often skip some buffs become it was such a tedious task... :)

I have a few trouble with it sometimes though, when for some reasons it stops working. I'm trying to reproduce the issue but I'm unsure if it happens after a zone loading, or if the buffing was interrupted...

Minutes ago, it happened in BG1EE when my party was on the ship in the north part of the Lycanthrope Island, fighting the last boss. After the transition that moves us back to Ulgoth's Beart, the buffing script had stopped working. I tried to swap the AI scripts forth and back, to reinstall the mod, uninstall and install again). Had to load a previous save where it was still working, making a hard save before being brought back to Ulgoth's Beard. That time, no issue, it still worked.

This happened a couple of times before, on different maps, but I don't remember which or the actual situations. I'm playing with BG1NPC, SCS, Tweak Anthology, EEeX, Bubbs Spell Menu Extended

Also, would it be correct to think it's this mod that changed the boss name to the French "Loup Garou"? :D

Loup-Garou.jpg

Sorry, I can't seem to edit or delete my previous post.

I stupidly didn't realise the AI button was turned off by default... My bad, just ignore that part in the previous post please. The mod is flawless. ;)

I haven't tried to check where that translation of the boss' name comes from, but I don't care much about this point as I speak French.