Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

Version 3.0_beta has been released. This brings the following enhancements:

• Dynamically creates scripts on installation based on mods installed allowing for over 1.5 MILLION different scripts that can be created!
  • Support for the following mods: Spell Revisions, SCS, DSotSC, Song & Silence, IWD Spells, Tome & Blood, and Faith & Powers (only compatible with F&P sphere system).
  • Multiple new spells for vanilla and mods added.
  • Updated spell tracking for existing spells to optimize existing scripts.
1 hour ago, Endarire said:

If we use your scripts and Faiths & Powers, must we use the F&P sphere system?

I only have it setup to use their Faith and Powers spheres component instead of the 2e version one. With the spheres themselves it was down to either the original faith and power spheres or a limited 2e one and I chose the original version. If you play without the component and just use the kits, my mod will check by component and add kit abilities if they are installed. If you play no spheres and just kits, my mod will handle that just fine. I tried making it a la carte so you only get what you ask for.

I hope this makes sense and clarifies.

Edited by morpheus562

Hey,  morpheus562, thank you for the mod. Such a relief to one-hit button the mods. I installed it into my BG2EE directory is where EET is. Upon loading my game I pressed "D" and nothing happened. I do have scs, atweaks and other mods. Though I do not have spell revisions installed. Is that a prerequisite? What am I doing wrong?

Here is my BWS-selection.ini from EE-mod if that helps. 

edit* I looked under scripts but I don't see Enhanced Gaming scripts.

BWS-Selection.ini

Edited by Seraphix

@SeraphixMy mod is not part of bws or the ee mod installer tool, so you will have to manually install it into the folder where your BG2EE/EET install is located. Please note, I cannot guarantee that these scripts work with a game using bws/ee mod setup tool since the maintainer of the tool has been known to make altered versions of the mods without the original authors' consent.

Only pre-requisite is for BG2EE or EET installed. That's it. Just note that this mod needs to be installed at the end of your installation order so it can detect the other mods that may impact the scripts.

Once the mod is installed, you will need to manually select the ai for your characters. Go to the character screen and then click "customize" then click "script". Select the appropriate script for that character then click "done". All of my scripts start with "MO-" and describe which classes they are for. In order for pre-buffing once the script is set, the character(s) need to be selected first.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Edited by morpheus562

Thank you @morpheus562, it works splendidly! When I was going through all the scripts after installing your mod I did notice the "MO-" scripts, but I didn't fully comprehend that it does more than turn undead on. That was my mistake as I didn't use any scripts before. Realizing how tedious buffing became near the end of chapter 5, discovering your MOD has become such a relief. I'm not dreading big fight pre buffing anymore. I still have to play around with it as some spells don't cast appropriately, but understandably it may be due to what you mentioned earlier in your statement. 

Thank you so much for this mod and it is great to see this community still alive and creating mods for a 23 year old game. Thank you.

@SeraphixWhat spells are not casting appropriately for you? How are those spells behaving versus how you expect them to behave? You have a long list of mods from BWS (including all of spell revisions which you say above you do not have installed), so there could be many variables at play causing the unexpected spell behavior. 

Thank you so much for the feedback and I'm happy you are enjoying the mod!

Edited by morpheus562

Hey @morpheus562, to answer your questions. The spells not casting are Ghost armor, blur, barkskin, chant, resist fear and minor globe of invulnerability. The spells aren't being casted at all let alone behaving. Granted I have a list of mods installed using EE mod installer except for yours. Yours was installed after EE mod installer. So I understand my experience may be affected. To others reading this reply, this is just my experience and should not hinder yours. I still think this mod is a huge quality of life improvement.

PS. I forgot to test out castable items like the shield amulet. I will edit this post once I have.

48 minutes ago, Seraphix said:

Hey @morpheus562, to answer your questions. The spells not casting are Ghost armor, blur, barkskin, chant, resist fear and minor globe of invulnerability. The spells aren't being casted at all let alone behaving. Granted I have a list of mods installed using EE mod installer except for yours. Yours was installed after EE mod installer. So I understand my experience may be affected. To others reading this reply, this is just my experience and should not hinder yours. I still think this mod is a huge quality of life improvement.

PS. I forgot to test out castable items like the shield amulet. I will edit this post once I have.

Ghost armor will only cast if the base ac of the character is higher than 2; otherwise, it will not be cast since there isn't a benefit. Similarly, I do not have non-Spell Revisions version of chant as part of pre-buffing because I think it is more of a detriment than beneficial spell. Spell Revisions version of chant is good and should cast. Resist fear and minor globe should both activate for pre-buffing, so something may be going on with any of the ee mod installer mods you have. Finally, my scripts do not account for blur or barkskin. I have gone ahead and added blur to pre-buffing to be released once v3.0 gets out of BETA; however, barkskin is a moving target since it adjusts ac based off character level.

The following items are used by my scripts: Ilbratha+1, Ring of Duplication, Gargoyle Boots, Amulet of Cheetah Speed, and Headband of the Devout (monk only). Open to more suggestions to add additional items, but those are the main ones that I use.

Happy you were impressed with how quickly the scripts identified cloudkill and cast zone of sweet air to counter it! I would like to note that zone of sweet air is only cast if the enemy casts cloudkill or any of the other cloud/fog spells. The scripts will not remove any of the friendly applications of these spells.

Edited by morpheus562

@morpheus562Understood, I'm sure I was missing something. I'm still fairly new at the game and genre, so excuse my lack of knowledge. Still enjoying the challenges however. I think I was overzealous playing SCS on hardcore as my first playthrough.

I didn't get a chance to test out items yet as I had to reinstall the game and mods. All the items you mentioned above I haven't received yet. I'm only up to Chapter 5 and starting Drizzt Saga where I have met Kangaxx, though I downed him at a lose of 4 members. 

Again, thank you for removing the tedium of buffing and allowing me to focus on the game instead. 

Edited by Seraphix

@morpheus562I do have a suggestion actually. Since the mod's primary purpose is to prebuff, perhaps giving the option of just that instead of removing debuffs and healing mid fight. For example, in my previous post Viconia casted Zone of Sweet Air after Kangaxx's Cloudkill on me. It was unexpected of your mod but a welcomed addition. I would think that some 'purist' just want the mod to take away the tedium of prebuffing, but allow for their own responses to enemy npc behaviour. I don't fully know what your mod does as I just used it for one fight thus far. I also realize that simply turning off AI would negate what I just said. But perhaps giving people options to choose: prebuffing, item healing, spell healing, removing debuffs, removing aoe debuffs, post fight healing. Something along those lines for more customization as SCS has their own script that provides options. I'm not sure how much more work it is for you, but that is my initial thoughts. Let me know what you think or is it just easier to turn AI off. Haha

@Seraphix great comment and it is actually included in the MO-BasicAI script. I view it as the ai script for players who turn off their ai scripts! 

Fun little tidbit about these scripts is I actually created them because of how clunky and kludge the spell system is when it comes to spell protections and combat protections. These were written to cut through all that to properly dispel an enemy combatant so my melee can get to the process of killing them. Pre-buffing was actually an afterthought that really came front and center which I am happy with. I was pleased with my overall learning process for how the different spell protections and dispels all worked together since it was always kind of a mystery to me before writing these scripts (I always used the Inquisitor "easy button" dispel magic).