Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

16 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Scripts for summons such as the celestials would indeed be very welcome...

I see spell revisions completely revised planetar and deva spellbooks, so I'll have separate scripts created that are optimized for SR. I should have the scripts ready today to get into the testing phase. Hopefully I can get some positive results in my testing and release shortly after.

Edited by morpheus562

Updated scripts are live. Below are the following changes made to improve the scripts:

• Updated spell tracking for both Minor Globe of Invulnerability and Globe of Invulnerability so they are now tracked separately. This allows for better spell determination on what can be cast on or against a player.
  • Added Black Blade of Disaster for pre-buffing and in-combat casting for non-SR versions of the scripts.
  • Added BETA for enhanced ai scripts for summoned celestials.

I have the ai scripts for summoned celestials as BETA since I will be doing further playtesting on them; however, the scripts are fully functional (albeit maybe not completely optimized).

I am thinking of ways to incorporate more spell mods into the scripts, and I think I may have a solution. It would require rewriting most of the existing weidu code, but I think it will be more scalable to adding more spell mods as well as mixing spells together between different spell mods. What are one or two spell mods that people are playing that are not already covered by the scripts that you would like to see added?

On 4/30/2021 at 10:25 PM, morpheus562 said:

Do spells/abilities from unearthed arcana replace, work in tandem, or don't work with other spell mods? I.e. would there be conflicts with IWD spells, DSotSC spells, etc.? How much does unearthed arcana change base spells/abilities?

That's a very broad question. The main place our mods add new spells is in Faiths & Powers. But even there, the vast majority of spells in the sphere system are within the vanilla, SR, and IWD groups. Grammarsalad made about 15 spells (stuff like Abundant Ammunition, Eyes of the Dead, Dictate, Stormwall, Assassin Vines, etc.) and I made about 5 (Animate Construct, Incautious Rapidity, Magic Fang, Animal Growth). If you look at the list of spells in spheres over here, between lines 65 and 385, and search for spells with the 'b_' and 'd5' prefix, you should find them with with their name in a comment on the right side. I don't know how many of them are relevant to scripts.

The other mods don't add many spells. Most spell changes in my Random Tweaks mod are meant as easy substitutes for the vanilla ones they replace, and should work the same way for script purposes. I suppose the exceptions are the revamped 'Iron Skin,' which replaces Mantle and has a day-long duration (if that matters), and 'Mirrored Eyes' replacing Pro Petrification has broader application, e.g. against vampire gaze. Also the various spells that are moved to a different level: Symbol Fear, Shapechange, Black Blade of Disaster, and Energy Drain. If those replacements exist* then scripts should refer to e.g. 'WIZARD_SHAPECHANGE_D5' instead of 'WIZARD_SHAPECHANGE.'

Spoiler

You can check like so:

ACTION_IF (FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED (~SPELL.IDS~ ~[ %TAB%]WIZARD_SHAPECHANGE_D5[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%]~)) BEGIN

The various kits in FnP, TnB, and MnG might have new kit abilities, but I'm not sure such things are covered by these scripts and I don't think I can provide a list of everything in any case.

@subtledoctorThank you! I've started going through and identifying and mapping out where changes will occur. Most seems like easy changes (i.e. updating detect invisibility to ignore non-detection, and adding invisibility Purge to wizards to replace dispel illusions). Just taking some time, but progress is being made.

26 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

adding invisibility Purge to wizards to replace dispel illusions

This shouldn’t be necessary - the actual wizard spell is the same, only the effects are different. So a script does not need to change to invoke the spell; you only might want to alter the triggers. (Since it will do nothing against Blur and Mirror Image.)

This is generally how I do spell tweaks: when my readme says something like “Mantle is replaced by Iron Skin,” it is really the same spell - WIZARD_MANTLE.” It’s just that the effects and description have been modified. Where spells change levels, as noted above for Symbol Fear et al., they get a new RES and ids name. In such cases any HaveSpell and similar triggers will need to be altered. 

Might want to look at TnB’s ‘Level 1 Cantrips’ component too, since it moves a couple 1st-level spells to 2nd level. 

Going through Unearthed Arcana now, and so far I've incorporated Song & Silence and Tome & Blood. Currently going through Faith and Powers, which is a lot.  Definitely a lot to get through. From there it's going to be focusing on Might & Guile then the additional DSotSC spells.

Guest Bones

Thanks for your work on this mod, loving it. I've noticed a couple buffs aren't firing off during the 'D' pre-buff function (ghost armor, protection from elements, emotion courage, and emotion hope as examples). I'm also finding that a mage will fire off all haste spells if multiple are memorized.

I have SR(R) and IWD spells installed, running on v2.5. Wondering if this is a result of my setup or just how the mod is designed today.

On 5/20/2021 at 11:17 AM, Guest Bones said:

Thanks for your work on this mod, loving it. I've noticed a couple buffs aren't firing off during the 'D' pre-buff function (ghost armor, protection from elements, emotion courage, and emotion hope as examples). I'm also finding that a mage will fire off all haste spells if multiple are memorized.

I have SR(R) and IWD spells installed, running on v2.5. Wondering if this is a result of my setup or just how the mod is designed today.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! I am working on version 3.0 of the scripts, but have no ETA for when they will be released. The current version of the scripts that you are running are a one for one with mods to scripts (i.e. SR(R) has their own scripts and IWD spells have their own scripts; however, there are no scripts for both SR(R) and IWD Spells combined). Version 3.0 of my scripts will change that and allow any combination of spell and kit mods together. So far, the list will include updates if the following mods are present: Spell Revisions, SCS, DSotSC, Song & Silence, IWD Spells, Tome & Blood, and Faith & Powers. 

I updated the 3.0 scripts that should correct the issues you identified with Protection from Elements and Haste spells. The scripts do not currently include Ghost Armor, Emotion Courage, and Emotion Hope, but both emotions should be very easy to add. I might need to create updated tracking for Ghost Armor, so that will require a little more looking into on my end. 

I know this doesn't help you right now getting these updated, but it is now part of the updates for 3.0 when it is released. If you have Near Infinity, I am happy to walk you through the updates you can make on your end in the interim to get these working for you.

Edited by morpheus562