My Sci-Fi game is on Kickstarter!

Hey all,

Over the last 2 years I've been working with some friends on a video game. Second Star is a sci-fi adventure RPG - a modern mash up of 90s adventure games with more modern storytelling and RPG elements. We have a free demo out on Steam and have been working nonstop to make a fun, interesting game with exploration, puzzles, and a fully voiced cast of characters. 

We've been bootstrapping this ourselves but today we launched our Kickstarter to raise money to fund the voice acting. I'm the director as well as the composer and if you've liked any of my work here or just appreciate my weird sense of humor, please consider backing or sharing with people you know who might like this. Thanks! ❤️ 

- Kat (ace)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dyscordion/second-star

7 hours ago, theacefes said:

Over the last 2 years I've been working with some friends on a video game.

Anyone we'd recognize from around here?

Personally, I really like your scores and appreciate the ones you made for Classic Adventures years ago.  Any projections about what this game will be rated (in terms of being appropriate for younger audiences:  Everyone, Teen, Mature, etc.)?

3 hours ago, Sam. said:

Anyone we'd recognize from around here?

Personally, I really like your scores and appreciate the ones you made for Classic Adventures years ago.  Any projections about what this game will be rated (in terms of being appropriate for younger audiences:  Everyone, Teen, Mature, etc.)?

Just me I'm afraid. :)

As for the rating probably looking at a T or M, due to language mostly. 

And thanks for the kind words, it means a lot. 

I have no money, but it's gratifying that someone is making or trying to make something original. Here we are, or here I am, porking around a great but very old videogame, inventing features and whatnots, when people are surging ahead. I watched the preview and I hope the game ends up with a strong plot. Focus is important. Relationships with crew members, item crafting, riddle-solving are nice, but that's not what humanity wants to go to space for. Also... well, no, no also. Focus is important, and any little nitpicking I might do is just irrelevant, let's face it. Good luck.