Duke Eltan's first name?

I'm beginning a new mod that centers around Duke Eltan.  I realized while starting it that I always assumed Eltan was his first name, not his last.  Is Eltan his surname? If so, does anyone know his given name?  Or if it's his given name, does he have a surname?

Just now, mickabouille said:

Maybe he just doesn't have one.Surnames are kind of a cultural thing.

I know, that's why I'm asking.  Other dukes have both, like Entar Silvershield and Liia Jannath and he's from Baldur's Gate I believe, so...just curious.

I don't think his surname were never officially mentioned. I checked all the reference sources from Wiki article. He is probably described in the most detailed way in the 1st edition Forgotten Realms Campaign Set sourcebook. But even there he is referred only as Eltan.

But as a curious fact, there is a true name of Scar mentioned there. He's real name is Hurbold Duethkatha, which is known only to his two most trusted companions, Eltan and Moruene.

Just now, Lauriel said:

I had no idea what his real name was.  This is awesome!  Thank you! :)

You're welcome. If you need more details about Eltan, let me know on PM. I'll gladly provide it to you :) (I'd really love to see Eltan's iconic intelligent sword Roan somewhere along the way :)

By the way, Moruene is a high-level (19th in 1st edition) female wizard, a lifelong friend of Eltan (and occasional lover). I believe Eltan, Scar and Moruene were the original founders of the Flaming Fist.

27 minutes ago, temnix said:

If my name were Hurbold Duethkatha, I'd take a pseudonym too. Hey Lauriel, check out the lore on Ardenor Crush while you are at it.

The only official bits of info about Ardenor Crush I can think of is from Gold & Glory book. Here is what it says about The Chill and Ardenor personally.

Spoiler

Though he appears to be a normal hobgoblin, Ardenor Crush is a reincarnated evil warrior and should be treated as a 10th-level fighter. After he found himself in a hobgoblin body, Ardenor formed a band to exact revenge on those who had slain him. 

He found his friend Grangor (the 13th level wizard who reincarnated him) and gathered most of the goblinoid troops who survived the Second Battle of Urml. With these allies, he hunted and killed the group of adventurers who thought they had ended his evil ways.

Ardenor led his band into the North, gathering a large, well-trained force with five units: the Frost Riders, 100 hobgoblins armed with battleaxes and mounted on heavy warhorses; the Winter Wolves, 100 goblins armed with spears and mounted on winter wolves; the Cold Steel, 150 orcish swordsmen; the Frigid Fists, 50 ogrish shock troops; and the Icicles, 200 kobold archers specializing in ambushes. The group is well-equipped and very dangerous. They charge 500 gp per week.

Ardenor has several magical items, including gauntlets of ogre power and an amulet that allows him to summon a nightmare for up to eight hours each day. Grangor does not accompany the corps on missions, but instead usually remains in Chill Tower to defend it. Each unit is headed by a lieutenant of the same type, but with maximum hit points.

The company's symbol, worn on the upper arm, is the brand of a fist around which is the tattoo of a white nimbus.

The Chill has a number of enemies, including the Bloodaxes and the Blue Sigil ogres. Though on poor terms with most of the orcish tribes in the region, they are sometimes hired by them.