Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

Guest Guest Remar

Thanks for update, but I got error during installing component "Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition". I'm installing it on EET. Previous version worked fine.

[STRATAGEMS/IWDSPELLS/COPYOVER/WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE/#TROLLIS.EFF] loaded, 272 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert SFO_eff_v2_extended_data_IMOEN_DV_child_only or %SFO_eff_v2_extended_data_IMOEN_DV_child_only% to an integer
ERROR: [STRATAGEMS/IWDSPELLS/COPYOVER/WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE/#TROLLIS.EFF] -> [override/#TROLLIS.EFF] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

20 hours ago, DavidW said:

New experimental 'batch mode' install option, allowing you to choose all components before any of them install.

Is there any particular reason of why you're not using QUICK_MENU?

Players can be instructed to edit "setup-stratagems.tp2" so as to add a "custom_selection" option with all the desired DESIGNATED numbers before running the installer. You can add the DESIGNATED numbers to the README, next to each Component Name.

It seems much easier to implement and maintain... Additionally, you don't need to worry about the underlying operating system...

1 hour ago, Guest Guest Remar said:

Thanks for update, but I got error during installing component "Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition". I'm installing it on EET. Previous version worked fine.

[STRATAGEMS/IWDSPELLS/COPYOVER/WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE/#TROLLIS.EFF] loaded, 272 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert SFO_eff_v2_extended_data_IMOEN_DV_child_only or %SFO_eff_v2_extended_data_IMOEN_DV_child_only% to an integer
ERROR: [STRATAGEMS/IWDSPELLS/COPYOVER/WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE/#TROLLIS.EFF] -> [override/#TROLLIS.EFF] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

I can reproduce this - a very late bug that somehow slipped in and only shows up on BGEE/EET. Fix fairly imminent.

57 minutes ago, Luke said:

Is there any particular reason of why you're not using QUICK_MENU?

Players can be instructed to edit "setup-stratagems.tp2"

You have answered your own question.

(Power users have never needed this kind of tool - I test SCS using force-install and/or batch files, and have for ages.)

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

You have answered your own question.

(Power users have never needed this kind of tool - I test SCS using force-install and/or batch files, and have for ages.)

Are you basically saying that once you get the hang of it, you should always use "--force-install-list" without losing time wading through the prompts (this is specially true for this mod and Tweaks Anthology since both have 100+ components...)?

Well, yes, it definitely makes sense...

I did a quick try commenting out the line with

REQUIRE_PREDICATE "%WEIDU_OS%" STR_EQ win32 @50011

for the batch mode on Linux. On exit, it attempted to run the bat script and of course failed, but it left a bat file with this (it's a quick try, not a usual set of components):

setup-STRATAGEMS --uninstall --force-install-list 1500 1510 3010

On Linux (and I suppose it would be the same on Mac) it would just be "weinstall %MOD_FOLDER%" or "weidu %MOD_FOLDER%/setup-stratagems.tp2". If you don't want to provide support for other OSs, I think just allowing to run in batch mode and asking to edit the generated file, or printing the component list even, would be enough.

Otherwise I can probably live editing the file tp2 and keep learning WeiDU. :)

Oh, one last thing that I don't get yet, is how this interacts with the INI file. Is the INI file just for tweaking the options further? I've just peeked into it.

Edited by suy

The reason I'm not supporting other OSs is primarily that I'm completely ignorant of what their equivalent of .bat file are and how to format them (and secondarily that I don't have a non-Windows testing environment).

If someone wants to give me idiot-proofed instructions on how to feed a text file with setup-stratagems --uninstall --force-install-list blah to WEIDU in OSX or Linux, I don't mind trying to implement it.

28 minutes ago, suy said:

Oh, one last thing that I don't get yet, is how this interacts with the INI file. Is the INI file just for tweaking the options further? I've just peeked into it.

Batch mode doesn't affect the interaction with the ini: it fine-tunes options exactly the same way as if you install the usual way.

4 minutes ago, DavidW said:

If someone wants to give me idiot-proofed instructions on how to feed a text file with setup-stratagems --uninstall --force-install-list blah to WEIDU in OSX or Linux, I don't mind trying to implement it.

That would be great! Pretty much what I said in the other comment. I can't provide proper WeiDU code to suggest a patch, but I think it would be a matter of choosing between this two templates:

<<<<<<<<.../stratagems-inline/batch_template.bat
setup-%MOD_FOLDER% --uninstall --force-install-list>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<.../stratagems-inline/batch_template.sh
weinstall %MOD_FOLDER% --uninstall --force-install-list>>>>>>>>

Maybe there is some other quirk with white space that I can't predict, but I think it'll be easy. At worst, I can bother Angel, as he mods/plays on Linux as well. :)

Just "filename" should work, but I think it needs to be executable, unless AT_EXIT takes care of it, somehow. The one that for sure works is "sh filename" (no need to end in ".sh"). CamDawg shared a snippet from Fixpack where he was doing a similar hack of generating a shell script and running it: https://discord.com/channels/205226905870270466/531043595252137985/881580184954863656

// os x "can't save" bug
ACTION_IF ~%WEIDU_OS%~ STRING_EQUAL_CASE ~osx~ THEN BEGIN
<<<<<<<< fix-temp
#!/bin/sh
test -f temp && (rm -f temp && mkdir temp)
>>>>>>>>
  COPY ~fix-temp~ ~fix-temp~
  AT_NOW ~sh fix-temp~
END

Thank you again!

Damn; you're right. I meant to do that before release and forgot (and it doesn't show up as a problem when testing). 

I need to do a 34.1 release over the weekend anyway, to fix a couple of 2.6 issues I missed first time round. I'll try to traify those two files then too.