Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

For IWDEE, the ease-of-use partyai component doesn't seem to show up in the script screen. The component installs correctly, but the Advanced AI isn't present. Everything looks in order with the lua and UI menus, and I'm stumped why IWDEE isn't showing this option.

The faster bears component doesn't seem to work for the mountain bears summoned by the 6th level druidic spell Conjure Animals. Looking at bear.bcs, other summoned bears are probably also affected. I remember this component working for summoned bears in older versions of SCS. BG2EEv2.6 and SCS v34.3.

Just wanted to give my compliments on the batch install option, it was nice not having to babysit the entire proces this time.

The proces was a bit unclear though, I picked the first option, got to select the components I wanted, then it seemed to give feedback it installed and uninstalled said components, got asked my language preference again, after that it ran fine and installed everything. A bit confusing, but so far seems to work like a charm, so thanks!

I am looking to edit some of the .2da files to change the spell choices of enemy spellcasters, and I want to make sure I understand how it works. For example, let's say I have Spell Revisions installed and I want lich invokers to cast "Summon Fiend" instead of "Bigby's Icy Grasp". Do I just replace the line

"8 BIGBYS_CLENCHED_FIST       BIGBYS_CLENCHED_FIST      INCENDIARY_CLOUD"

in mage/spellchoices/demivrgvs/invoker_lich.2da with

"8 SUMMON_FIEND       SUMMON_FIEND      INCENDIARY_CLOUD"? Or do I have to do something else?

Edited by ratatosk
Grammar

Does anyone still use Jim’s Fixes and Tweaks (JimFix) v3.1a with the latest version of SCS ?

It is a small collection of fixes and tweaks for Ascension + SCS v33 install (both required).

Especcialy the 3 following components are maybe irrelevant with SCS 34.3 (or maybe already corrected by other mods) ?

2 - Shield of Reflection works on SCS Flame Arrows

100 - Check for and fix incorrect spell animations

700 - Allow Spell Shield to block Wish Breach and Mordenkainen's Disjunction (With SCS changes to the spell system, the Breach from Wish and the complete dispel from fallen solar's Mordenkainen's Disjunction are both completely unblockable. This component allows Spell Shield to block them as it would block any other anti-magic attack.)

About the other components that add notifications (spell school notifications, expiration notifications for buffs and item buffs), they look interesting on paper but i don't know if they are compatible with EET and useful. Any feedback ?

Guest Morgoth

Would it be possible to add an option while installing SCS, that you have to go through before installing everything else, where you are asked if you want to change some .ini options before installing SCS themselves, and it actually opens the relevant section in the readme, so you can customize the experience ?

I think, this has been mentioned somewhere before...

For some unknown reasons component #5900 sets the enchantment level (itm offset 0x60) of masterwork weapons (created by Item revisions) from '0' back to '1'.

Lolfixer component #8 detects this and therefore 'fixes' the item by setting the item flag 'Magical'. And so we are back to a magical +1 weapon...

One could argue about Lolfixer doing this but OTOH, what is the reason behind setting the enchantment level by SCS?

Edit:

I think, the changes happen in this section of bg1fix.tpa:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// correctly flag Enchantment level of certain items
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

LAF edit_item INT_VAR tv=1 STR_VAR item=~arow02 ax1h02 ax1h07 blun03 blun05 blun07 bolt02
                                dagg02 dart02 halb02 hamm02 staf02 sw1h02 sw1h05
                                sw1h08 sw1h14 sw1h22 sw1h24 sw1h98 sw2h02~
                          editstring=~enchantmentGT=>1~
   END

IMHO it should only be executed if GAME_IS ~bg1 totsc~. If I look into a plain BGT game (BG2 fixpack installed) all enchantment levels are already fixed (but don't know about Tutu).

Maybe better would be a check inside the function, only setting an enchantment level if the flag 'Magical' is set.

Edited by MikeX

Component #5900 adds a non-existing item 'WIZARD_S.itm' to shops (random).

From Lolfixer (only one per install):

BERNARD2.STO issue: Stocked Item #2 does not exist (WIZARD_S.itm)! Removing item...

TRMER04.STO issue: Stocked Item #2 does not exist (WIZARD_S.itm)! Removing item...

Looks like a name resolving issue...

Probably from 'bonus_spell_scrolls.tpa':

Spoiler

DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION bonus_spell_scrolls BEGIN

ACTION_FOR_EACH spell IN DISPEL_MAGIC INVISIBILITY_10_FOOT SPELL_SHIELD SUMMON_NISHRUU
                         STONE_TO_FLESH MORDENKAINENS_SWORD CONTROL_UNDEAD BIGBYS_CLENCHED_FIST
                         BIGBYS_CRUSHING_HAND RUBY_RAY_OF_REVERSAL PIERCE_SHIELD IMPROVED_MANTLE
BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT item EVALUATE_BUFFER ~%WIZARD_%spell%_SCROLL%~
    ACTION_IF !FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME "%item%.itm" BEGIN
       LAF warning STR_VAR warning="Scroll %item% doesn't actually seem to exist" END

debug:

Spoiler

Scroll %WIZARD_STONE_TO_FLESH_SCROLL% doesn't actually seem to exist
Copying 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Patching WIZARD_STONE_TO_FLESH_SCROLL.ITM into store...
Not found space for WIZARD_STONE_TO_FLESH_SCROLL after scrl7m.

Edited by MikeX
On 8/26/2022 at 7:18 PM, MikeX said:

Component #5900 adds a non-existing item 'WIZARD_S.itm' to shops (random).

From Lolfixer (only one per install):

BERNARD2.STO issue: Stocked Item #2 does not exist (WIZARD_S.itm)! Removing item...

TRMER04.STO issue: Stocked Item #2 does not exist (WIZARD_S.itm)! Removing item...

Looks like a name resolving issue...

Probably from 'bonus_spell_scrolls.tpa':

Reveal hidden contents

DEFINE_ACTION_FUNCTION bonus_spell_scrolls BEGIN

ACTION_FOR_EACH spell IN DISPEL_MAGIC INVISIBILITY_10_FOOT SPELL_SHIELD SUMMON_NISHRUU
                         STONE_TO_FLESH MORDENKAINENS_SWORD CONTROL_UNDEAD BIGBYS_CLENCHED_FIST
                         BIGBYS_CRUSHING_HAND RUBY_RAY_OF_REVERSAL PIERCE_SHIELD IMPROVED_MANTLE
BEGIN
    OUTER_SPRINT item EVALUATE_BUFFER ~%WIZARD_%spell%_SCROLL%~
    ACTION_IF !FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME "%item%.itm" BEGIN
       LAF warning STR_VAR warning="Scroll %item% doesn't actually seem to exist" END

debug:

Reveal hidden contents

Scroll %WIZARD_STONE_TO_FLESH_SCROLL% doesn't actually seem to exist
Copying 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Patching WIZARD_STONE_TO_FLESH_SCROLL.ITM into store...
Not found space for WIZARD_STONE_TO_FLESH_SCROLL after scrl7m.

Probably somehow related...

Component #3501 adds a non-existing item '%WIZARD_.itm' to 'resar.cre'.

From Lolfixer:

RESAR.CRE issue: Inventory Item #4 (%WIZARD_.itm) does not exist! Removing item...

Probably from 'standardise_bg1_spells.tpa':

Spoiler

ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY cre_to_scroll BEGIN
alai=>MINOR_SEQUENCER
andris=>DISPEL_MAGIC
davaeo=>STONE_SKIN
davaeo'=>DISPEL_MAGIC
deathk=>GLITTERDUST
denak=>TELEPORT_FIELD
dezkie=>STONE_SKIN
halaca=>DETECT_ILLUSION
kysus=>FIRE_SHIELD_RED
niemai=>SPIDER_SPAWN
nimbul=>FIND_FAMILAR
resar=>FIRE_SHIELD_BLUE
tranzi=>GLITTERDUST
venkt=>SPELL_THRUST
END

ACTION_PHP_EACH cre_to_scroll AS cre=>spell BEGIN
  OUTER_INNER_PATCH_SAVE cre "%cre%" BEGIN
     REPLACE_TEXTUALLY "'" ""
  END
  COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_var%%cre%.cre~ ~override~
     SPRINT scroll EVALUATE_BUFFER ~%WIZARD_%spell%_SCROLL%~
     ADD_CRE_ITEM ~%scroll%~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~INV~

I haven't figured out, where the connection between '%WIZARD_%spell%_SCROLL%' and the actual item is made...

Edited by MikeX

Using the latest release of SCS with DragonspearUI++, Ascension, Wheels, IWDification, Luremaster, and TA.

The Treat mage and cleric HLAs as innate abilities component documentation says Note that clones (Projected Images and Simulacra) of the spellcaster do not get High-level abilities.

but on my current game simulacra from the spell and Vhailor’s Helmet are all getting all the character’s current (ie unused) HLAs, including mage/priest spell HLAs.

The only other HLA affecting component I’ve installed is the triple-class tables from TA, and I can’t think of any other mod touching Simulacrum.

@Labyrinthitis At least in the current version of the game, clones definitely get innate abilities of all sorts, including high-level abilities. That looks like a documentation error.

On 8/28/2022 at 3:16 AM, MikeX said:

I haven't figured out, where the connection between '%WIZARD_%spell%_SCROLL%' and the actual item is made...

That appears to be a failure to evaluate a variable; the % pairs are WeiDU for "this is a variable, evaluate it before making it part of the string". The intended behavior is that first %spell% gets evaluated; in Resar's case, that's FIRE_SHIELD_BLUE. Then %WIZARD_FIRE_SHIELD_BLUE_SCROLL% gets evaluated to the actual item code.

I see two ways this could go wrong. Either the %% pairs are interpreted in the wrong order and WeiDU chokes on an undefined %WIZARD_% variable, or %WIZARD_FIRE_SHIELD_BLUE_SCROLL% isn't defined. Either way, the undefined variable just gets passed through as its name, and a long string that starts with "%WIZARD_" gets truncated down to eight characters to fit that slot in the creature file. I think the latter is more likely; if it were the former, more than just Resar would be affected. And it could easily be something simple like %WIZARD_FIRESHIELD_BLUE_SCROLL% being defined instead. So ... uh, where's the library that has these definitions? The downside to the enormous number of files in SCS...

All this in service to adding a scroll that's in BGEE but not original BG1, if you're playing a pre-EE trilogy version.

@jmerry Yeah, clones getting all innate abilities is vanilla behaviour as far as I remember, but I assumed the documentation section I highlighted meant that installing the component would change clones to not get HLAs. This makes sense to me as Simulacra are even more powerful when HLA spells become innates, because they aren’t lost with the level reduction when they aren’t tied to spellslots. Clones are already very powerful and tempting to use cheaply so this feels like a reasonable limitation to add.

If that isn’t correct, then the docs might need an update then.