[Mod List] BG1EE, BG2EE and EET Companions: The Party Menu

Guest Morgoth

This is a cool list, but I doubt very much I will use it. I read there only comments partaining to drama (roxanne?), the lack of npcs, etc.

As a user, I'm looking for functionality. The npc are all mixed together, rather than be splitted by their content.

Personally I could not care less for BG:EE only npcs and npcs that contain SOD content. Can I easily detect which npcs have these "features" in your list? No?  Then, I could do the same job myself and spare a lot of time.

Cool list, though.

9 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

This is a cool list, but I doubt very much I will use it. I read there only comments partaining to drama (roxanne?), the lack of npcs, etc.

As a user, I'm looking for functionality. The npc are all mixed together, rather than be splitted by their content.

Personally I could not care less for BG:EE only npcs and npcs that contain SOD content. Can I easily detect which npcs have these "features" in your list? No?  Then, I could do the same job myself and spare a lot of time.

Cool list, though.

Hmm, it wouldn't be too hard to re-sort the list into sections. I looked at it as there are many NPCs that span multiple parts (BG1, SOD, SOA and TOB) but they could be divided by, maybe, their first appearance. The lack of NPCs is due to this being a WIP I posted early to get some feedback. Thank you for responding. 

What I would find as an interesting addition is an information about the mods that provide alternative class choice for NPCs. There are couple of mods that have components offering different class choices for NPCs (like turning Khalid into Fighter/Mage etc.). It could prove useful for planning the party before starting the game. 

Hello! An interesting list, but I do not see many NPCs in it (as mentioned above - for example, Lava's NPCs), and also there are no NPCs from the "BG1 NPCs for SoA & ToB" mod (for example, Xzar, Montaron, Faldorn, Kagain, Сoran and Safana, Tiax, Ajantis, etc.)

For example, Faldorn is available for the BG2 in two mods at once (a separate "Faldorn BG2EE" mod from Lava, as well as the "Faldorn: New Leaf" component in the "BG1 NPCs for SoA & ToB" mod)

On 2/18/2022 at 12:41 AM, Cahir said:

What I would find as an interesting addition is an information about the mods that provide alternative class choice for NPCs. There are couple of mods that have components offering different class choices for NPCs (like turning Khalid into Fighter/Mage etc.). It could prove useful for planning the party before starting the game. 

This is exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of for this project. It's an NPC menu instead of a plain list of links.

10 hours ago, Austin said:

Hello! An interesting list, but I do not see many NPCs in it

More are added daily. I am feeling cautiously optimistic that people think it's an interesting idea though. Thank you for responding.

On 2/18/2022 at 12:41 AM, Cahir said:

Totally agree - A starting point:

• Shar-Teel : Berserker or Barbarian (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS), Amazon (Turambar - untested on EE)
  • Khalid: Fighter/Mage (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Kivan: Archer (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Safana: Swashbuckler (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Skie: Shadowdancer (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Dynaheir: Sorcerer (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)) or Generalist (Tweaks Anthology)
  • Kagain: Dwarven Defender (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Faldorn: Avenger (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Imoen: Adventurer (Song & Silence + NearInfinity)
  • Garrick : Gallant (Might & Guile)
  • Eldoth: Jinxer (Might & Guile)
  • Xan: Blade (Might & Guide + NearInfinity), Generalist (Tweaks Anthology)
  • Xzar/Edwin: Generalist (Tweaks Anthology)
  • Montaron: Assassin (Tweaks Anthology)
  • Viconia: Priest of Shar (Turambar - untested on EE)

Imoen/Xan were inspired by the NPC Kitpack and S9BGEENPCTWEAKS, respectively - but those components don't seem to work; hence, the workarounds with NearInfinity.

22 hours ago, jastey said:

GitHub repo of Ascalon's Breagar changed to: https://github.com/Gitjas/Ascalons_Breagar/releases

Thanks! Updated.

21 hours ago, Chitown Willie said:
Spoiler

Totally agree - A starting point:

• Shar-Teel : Berserker or Barbarian (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS), Amazon (Turambar - untested on EE)
  • Khalid: Fighter/Mage (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Kivan: Archer (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Safana: Swashbuckler (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Skie: Shadowdancer (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Dynaheir: Sorcerer (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)) or Generalist (Tweaks Anthology)
  • Kagain: Dwarven Defender (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Faldorn: Avenger (S9BGEENPCTWEAKS)
  • Imoen: Adventurer (Song & Silence + NearInfinity)
  • Garrick : Gallant (Might & Guile)
  • Eldoth: Jinxer (Might & Guile)
  • Xan: Blade (Might & Guide + NearInfinity), Generalist (Tweaks Anthology)
  • Xzar/Edwin: Generalist (Tweaks Anthology)
  • Montaron: Assassin (Tweaks Anthology)
  • Viconia: Priest of Shar (Turambar - untested on EE)

Imoen/Xan were inspired by the NPC Kitpack and S9BGEENPCTWEAKS, respectively - but those components don't seem to work; hence, the workarounds with NearInfinity.

I'll be sure to add these to my list of things to do. 🙂