component_name: '101'
  - index: 102
    component_name: '102'
  - index: 103
    component_name: '103'
  - index: 105
    component_name: '105'

I used latest release v1.3.1.

There seems to be a difference about the options that are showing with --help on my version...

Sorry to bother again, but is there anything that can be done about it (regarding not showing adding the component names)?

16 hours ago, marchitek said:

What I had in mind was just something to generate modda YAML with all possible components for given mod and then I can manually delete those that I don't want in my installation etc

This one should work now  (v1.4.0)

modda help append-mod

though forget about the language option, copy-paste bad!

On 4/15/2023 at 6:52 PM, Lurker said:

To automate the installation, I'd create a bash script that just calls WeiDU as (often as) needed, with parameters for "mod name", "--language 0" (almost always english, else 😭) and "--force-install--list [components]". That script maybe doesn't even need to be parameterised, just change the script as needed. Less complexity.

Going into overengineering territory a bit, a bash script that parses a WeiDU.log to generate said script from the last paragraph as a template for easy editing should also be doable.

Eh, this may come off as a rant or an empty promise (which I definitely didn't do!), but perhaps posting this publically motivates me enough to actually putting money where my mouth is. Sometime.

FWIW, I put my shit up here.

EDIT: @mickabouille
From looking at your README, I think I'll adapt your strategy to (manually) patch away ACTION_READLN (<-- whishing this wouldn't exist at all; just use an .ini for customization, please...).

How do you catch deal with WeiDU warnings? Is there a (hidden?) option in WeiDU to suppress them, or to change the exit code? (<-- stupid question)

Better question: Is there a way to prevent the "Press ENTER to exit." prompt after  INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS (WeiDU exit code 3)?

I'm also looking for a (simple) way to prevent interruption of an install sequence.

EDIT: Not even sure if ignoring warnings is such a good idea? Guess "it depends". Without those (few) interrupts while testing my script, I wouldn't even be aware of some issues of my last big EET setup.

Edited by Lurker
On 4/19/2023 at 4:58 AM, Lurker said:

How do you catch deal with WeiDU warnings? Is there a (hidden?) option in WeiDU to suppress them, or to change the exit code? (<-- stupid question)

That something I don't like much about weidu, it sets a non-zero exit code on warnings (oK, minor inconvenience, just check if this was a warning or an error code) and doesn't allow to decide if a warning is innocuous or breaks everyrthing (probably not doable weidu side anyway).

I chose to be pedantic by default and not let warnings pass, leaving the user to check the actual warning and `ignore_warnings` on the "component group". I even tried to find which component warned but it was fragile (parsing setup-XXX.debug oooof!) so I dropped that.

Now I just group the warning and non-warning  components separately.

I'd love weidu to have different exit codes for different types of warnings. Some can usually be ignored (no effect changed or something like that).

And like you, I'd like a weidu flag to ignore warnings.

Better question: Is there a way to prevent the "Press ENTER to exit." prompt after  INSTALLED WITH WARNINGS (WeiDU exit code 3)?

I think that `--no-exit-pause`

I also add `--skip-at-view` because some mods open the readme in a text editor at the end (sometimes multiple times, for each component!).

I'm also looking for a (simple) way to prevent interruption of an install sequence.

Whether it's warnings or errors that interrupt your installation, you can check the exit code of weidu and decide not to interrupt.

I think with bash you'd need to not have `set -e`, I'm not sure of the details.

For my tool you just

modda install -m my-install.yml --no-stop-on-warn

to ignore warnings. i didn't create the option to ignore errors. It would be as easy but I didnd't see the point. Maybe I'll do it.

I very rarely use it anyway, I prefer to whitelist component by component after checking them, but I've found it useful on some throwaway installs made to check things in some mods.

46 minutes ago, mickabouille said:

I think that `--no-exit-pause`

I'm inclined to guess that this isn't the most up-to-date documentation for WeiDU...? Thanks for the tip, I was unaware of this option.

I also add `--skip-at-view` because some mods open the readme in a text editor at the end (sometimes multiple times, for each component!).

Right before reading this, HerThiMoney once again jump-scared me with its auto-open-pdf-at-end (there's an ongoing setup running on a second workspace.). Another worthy candidate for consideration, this option is.

Whether it's warnings or errors that interrupt your installation, you can check the exit code of weidu and decide not to interrupt.

I think with bash you'd need to not have `set -e`, I'm not sure of the details.

My current sanitycheck() is black-or-white, but that's an easy fix.

Although I'm still hesitating to add more parameters to my scripts. getopts isn't the most accessible feature in bash... 🤪

Nice thing exchanging ideas here, though.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I'm inclined to guess that this isn't the most up-to-date documentation for WeiDU...?

I got frustrated I couldn't find one more recent and started using the one inside the release zip https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases/tag/v249.00 which should be up to date (probably).

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Although I'm still hesitating to add more parameters to my scripts. getopts isn't the most accessible feature in bash... 🤪

Be careful or you'll end up with 4500 lines of code :p

3 hours ago, mickabouille said:

I got frustrated I couldn't find one more recent and started using the one inside the release zip https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases/tag/v249.00 which should be up to date (probably).

Embarrassingly, this came to mind only very recently: weidu.exe --help
😁

3 hours ago, mickabouille said:

Be careful or you'll end up with 4500 lines of code :p

68 + 69 including comments. I think I'm safe for now. However, better not to think about why writing so few lines took so much time.

Edited by Lurker
On 4/15/2023 at 12:45 PM, mickabouille said:

Motivation: I couldn't use PI because I'm not on windows and I was fed up with borking installs because I forgot some mod or some components or failed at ordering. And I don't like clicking things anyway.

Is that mean that even if PI would exist for Linux, you would still prefer command line?

10 hours ago, AL|EN said:

Is that mean that even if PI would exist for Linux, you would still prefer command line?

It's become hard to answer now.

I think when I didn't know the first thing about mods, weidu, components and all that, I would have found a GUI very valuable anyway.

I would probably have ended up trying to hand-modify whatever textual representation PI would have had, if any.

Now... as I said, I made a program just to my tastes (which are certainly _not_ everybody's tastes) so the comparison would be unfair.

But yes, I'm biaised toward text files anyway (maybe because I'm a software developer).