Spellhold Studios Forum down?

Salk

Before SHS went down, I rescued The Darkest Day 1.14 then, after SHS went down, backed it up on Google for me.  This isn't the EE version (TDDz) which is already on GitHub, but TDD should be backed up on GitHub on SHS.

I mentioned this before at least implicitly, but if you have any mods that were hosted on the SHS site but not on GitHub, where should we put them for now, especially if we aren't the author/maintainer?

Thankee!

6 hours ago, mickabouille said:

Ah sorry, the zip versions on github and on europe.iegmc.net don't have a setup.exe inside, which for unknown reason to me seems to be a problem for people under windows.

The missing EXE is just a copy of weidu.exe; some modders decide not to package a potentially older version, so get the newest version from https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases, rename the exe to 'setup-rr.exe'

It really is rather worrying. Someone with more knowledge than me should try and write a script to let the Wayback Machine archive it once it comes back online, in order to preserve bug reports, reviews etc for posterity should one crash finally prove the last.

Edited by Isewein