Spellhold Studios Forum down?

Salk

Hi, this is Hannah! Hope you're all doing well! Wish I could change my display name but - I'm poking my head in after a very long time because someone elsewhere messaged asking me about links to the mods Feuille and I made, and they mentioned that Spellhold Studios was down. I took a look around and found The Luxley Family listed here but not the others - I wondered if they are available anywhere, and if not, whether it would be helpful for me to upload something... somewhere... maybe there? but I'm not sure what would be best!

I do know Kaeloree kindly did compatibility updates for Faren and Nathaniel when BG2:EE was released. I definitely have a copy of Faren that's up-to-date content-wise, as we did a banter update in 2015, but it'll be out of date if anyone else has done corrections/compatibility fixes since then (I found a few posts from a year or two ago related to problems due to it not using an up-to-date WeiDU version). I've no idea what the state of Nathaniel is.

I haven't touched any of our mods for 5+ years so I'm incredibly rusty, but it would be lovely to be able to have them available to play for those who want them if they're not currently. I would greatly appreciate info or a nudge in the right direction!

Edited by Miss Sakaki

On the other hand, this seems to date further back to 2013 (november 11) and the readme does not mention anything about EE (though that doesn't mean anything, BG2 EE was published in 2013, on nov 15, so that seems... not very probable)

http://america.iegmc.net/nathaniel/

Note the rar archive is version 4.4 but everything inside (tp2, readme) is about the 4.3.

Edited by mickabouille
On 9/27/2023 at 11:09 AM, Horizon said:

Here's all I have: mediafire

Archive contains three versions (1.0, 1.1, 2.0) for BG2 and three versions (1.1, 2.0, 2.1) for EE. I do realize that this is overkill, but you weren't specific enough.

None of EE versions have anything resembling setup.exe, just portraits, so... put all those portraits in /override? I'm sorry that I can't be of more help here, I keep pretending that EE does not exist.

P.S.

beamdog's back (link for EE mod)

Beamdog's back but i'm gonna download it anyway. Thanks, man!

i noticed someone bought the spellholdstudios.net domain and redirected it to their own website, so it prompted me to come back here. seeing that it has not changed, i really regret deleting my personal copies of the downloads 😔 but im going to download everything available now just in case. i hope this gets resolved! so many of these mods are very dear to me and many others.

Guest Alinia guest

That's quite depressing to hear. 😞 With the resurgence in Baldur's Gate related interest, it's nice to have places to go to find mods. I know some are on GitHub etc. but I haven't been able to find all of the ones I used to have (though I might have some pre-EE stuff on an old hard drive or USB).