IWD 2 mods?

Guest Ban

I did some searching and didn't find any.

Are there any serious IWD 2 mods around? Or is it too difficult to make for example joinable NPC's with dialogues and stuff.

Feel free to shoot me if I missed them.

Thanks

Ban probably meant content adding mods.

If not then my Mix Mod has a lot of tweaks working with IWD2, and Rastor's IWD2 twek pack should be out... actually some time ago. Also at the moment I'm 10% done with converting trials of the lure master to IWD2 (though I'll get back to it only after finishing Dragonshard).

I did some searching and didn't find any.

Are there any serious IWD 2 mods around? Or is it too difficult to make for example joinable NPC's with dialogues and stuff.

Feel free to shoot me if I missed them.

Thanks

What few IWD2 mods there are available can be found here: http://modlist.pocketplane.net/index.php?ax=list&cat_id=14

Thanks all for the quick responses.

So I guess I'll have to stick with BG II mods, which are btw very enjoyable thanks to a lot of people on these forums.

Too bad though, I would have liked to see some joinable NPC's in IWD 2. I try to play some D&D 3.5E and IWD 2 gives me some good info on how to make the rules work. But hey, BG 2 still kicks way more butt.

Thanks all.

I share your desire to see joinable NPCs in IWD2, but I think it is safe to say at that point that it is technically impossible (the first rule of modding: if Wes tried to do it and failed, it is not within a mortal's capacity to do this thing). Regretfully.

heh, all power to Gem-RB, but it does seem to be not really happening within any foreseeable future, and therefore is hardly relevant. However, if they could somehow amend just that one thing about IWD2 and do it within a year's time that would have been a huge break-through for a modding community. From my prespective, for example - I would not build a TUTU NPC because I already done some six, and I feel that the game is quite saturated; I would not build a new NPC for Bg2, because I think enough is enough; but for IWD2, it's such a nice, open field, and it really, really misses the companionship that joinables bring.

heh, all power to Gem-RB, but it does seem to be not really happening within any foreseeable future, and therefore is hardly relevant. However, if they could somehow amend just that one thing about IWD2 and do it within a year's time that would have been a huge break-through for a modding community. From my prespective, for example - I would not build a TUTU NPC because I already done some six, and I feel that the game is quite saturated; I would not build a new NPC for Bg2, because I think enough is enough; but for IWD2, it's such a nice, open field, and it really, really misses the companionship that joinables bring.

Hmmm an NPC for PST for time being?

Thanks all for the quick responses.

So I guess I'll have to stick with BG II mods, which are btw very enjoyable thanks to a lot of people on these forums.

Too bad though, I would have liked to see some joinable NPC's in IWD 2. I try to play some D&D 3.5E and IWD 2 gives me some good info on how to make the rules work. But hey, BG 2 still kicks way more butt.

Thanks all.

Technically IWD2 is 3E, if you want 3.5E experience (and very close to rules for that matter) you have to go ToEE :)

Sadly Domi is right about GemRB, it won't come soon. Mostly because there are very few people who actually work on it.

Why aren't there more iwd2/pst mods?

Because the engines restrict modding more than the bg2 engine.

PST lacks the cheat interface (which is very handy for modding).

Also it lacks a lot of fancy effects.

IWD2 lacks the joinable NPCs.

Both the cheat interface and the joinable NPCs were deliberately cut out of the engines, i wonder why...

Domi, you say you wouldn't create a new BG2 npc. What about a TC :)

You guys should really start doing some TCs, i want to play!!!

Archived