New NPC idea

Garfield

Ok, I've figured out how I will do it ^^

The Basic NPC comes without any natural resistance, but with an amulet of protection against poison.

After a small quest involving Yurtrus clergy, he may win the protection against disease. This will allow me to inform the player of that resistance, without having to use any unappropriate icon.

As for the mod devellopement, I started coding the first quest, but I'm having an awful time scripting :)

I re-edited the portrait, because the first one I did was a little flat on the top of the head, methinks. So here is the new, and surely final one^^

rkrl3dx.png

The smallest is a little more focused on the head, without the collar of the robe, so as to have a nice picture on the left of the screen ^^

rkrs2ln.png

On the whole, what is done:

-Rakdar character, bio and starting-items

-Joining dialogue, including few class-related options.

-Parting dialogue

-Started coding the first quest

To do:

-At least to other quest planned: one involving Yurtrus priests, one in Brynnlaw

-Banters

-Interjections

-Finishing ToB for the first time, so as to know what ToB content my mod could have :)

With the portraits: Regardless of whether it is 'bg2-style' or not, to make it fit in with the other portraits you need it to have the same proportions as all the other ones.

Don't zoom in on the face! Thats a mistake many portrait artists make and they wonder why it doesn't fit in with the rest of the portraits.

Here's the smaller portrait again - try comparing it to the Bioware small portraits, and I think you'll understand what I mean.

rakdar.png

Thanks you, I will if I encounter any problem.

I'll give an outline of Rakdar's bio, since it needs to be refined:

When asked about his past, Rakdar tells you that he was born in darkness, in the city of Skullport, the underground evil twin of Waterdeep. He grew up there, constantly surrounded by all kinds of criminals. He soon became aware of his affinity towards magic, though he wasn’t yet able to use it.

At the age of thirteen, he was already engaged in mercenary activities. That’s how he met Deverek, a mage from the surface city. He offered him a chance to come and study in Waterdeep, to learn to use his magic powers. Driven by his thirst for power, he accepted the offer, and soon found himself learning magic in Waterdeep with a girl of his age, the daughter of Deverek. In only four years, he made considerable progress...

At that point, Rakdar mumbles something about parting with the mage, whom he obviously killed.

He then went back to Skullport for his mercenary activities. He met other half orcs, and developed a strong faith towards Yurtrus. He joined a cult for some time, but because of some quarrel, he left it after having killed the high priest. Then he left Skullport and Waterdeep and wandered for years, before arriving in Athkatla.

That's only an outline, I'll refine it, but if you see spelling or grammar mystake, feel free to correct.

Rakdar will jon the party with a knave robe, a custom returning poisoned dagger, few potions and scrolls. He has ** in dagger, an nothing else (had to use dagger a lot because of his mercenary past)

Now I go back to trying scripting :)

Sounds like it's got a lot of potential. Good luck to you with getting him written.

I've also had a look through the bio and have some suggestions for grammar corrections:

I'll give an outline of Rakdar's bio, since it needs to be refined:

When asked about his past, Rakdar tells you that he was born in darkness, in the city of Skullport, the underground evil twin of Waterdeep. He grew up there, constantly surrounded by all kinds of criminals. He soon became aware of his affinity towards magic, though he wasn’t yet able to use it.

At the age of thirteen, he was already engaged in mercenary activities. That’s how he met Deverek, a mage from the surface city. He offered him a chance to come and study in Waterdeep, to learn to use his magic powers. Driven by his thirst for power, he accepted the offer, and soon found himself learning magic in Waterdeep with a girl of his age, the daughter of Deverek. In only four years (I hink there's some content missing here).

At that point, Rakdar mumbles something about parting with the mage, whom he obviously killed.

He then went back to Skullport for his mercenary activities. He met other half orcs, and developed a strong faith towards Yurtrus. He joined a cult for some time, but because of some quarrel, he left it after having killed the high priest. Then he left Skullport and Waterdeep and wandered for years, before arriving in Athkatla.

Archived