New Mod? bg1npc - BG2 /Flirt pack continuity

vtancredi

I thought Branwen worked in the Council Hall, and you got some quests from her -- or at least some discussions. But I could be wrong. I have not done a SoA/ToB run for over a year now.

And, to folks wanting other romance extensions, anyone can mod anything they want to build into their own game :) , but BG1NPC has kept clear of messing with BG1 original final results as possible, so the only truly "clean" path that works for any of this is Dynaheir. Regardless of the OP ideas, which are good, none of this really takes place as part of BG1NPC; once you hit BG2, it is Domi, Kulyok, Jastey, etc, etc, on their own NPC mod materials. They have the advantage of living with these characters through BG1NPC, so their storylines make the most sense from a player perspective, but BG1NPC does not extend into BG2 at all (and will stay that way!). The mini-mod idea would be "vimes' BG2 Starting Dialogues Reflecting BG1NPC Mini-Mod" or some such (VBG2SDRBG1NPCMM v1 ??!!!)

ok, I told you guys I don't write... ;)

Dang, I uninstalled it already... OK, here you go:

P#KINEW, KIOL5.1:

@255 = "Oh, Xan was serving the Dukes of Baldur's Gate..." - it's cool, but I think you'll want a check on whether he is in the party,

@257 = "Xan will be back soon, Kivan. Such was the intensity of our love... he wished some time to meditate on all that happened." - that actually contradicts with Xan in BG1 Romance, where he went to Evereska to quickly report and return.

P#KIVJ I_C_T2 SEWSW 2 P#KivanPool1

@453 = "Four? If Xan were with us, he would have contested that number..." - again, you need an !InParty("O#Xan") check, I think.

P#KIVSOA

P#KIVJ KIJA7

@54 = ~Kivan, you're sounding like that Evereskian, Xan. This is unhealthy.~ - Jaheira speaks as if Xan wasn't in the group, which she probably wouldn't if he were.

I thought Branwen worked in the Council Hall, and you got some quests from her -- or at least some discussions. But I could be wrong. I have not done a SoA/ToB run for over a year now.

Yep, you don't meet Branwen in BG2 normally.

Actually, as described it is difficult to do because one has to resolve the problem of "globals are not transfered between BG1 and BG2". In other words, BG2 is "blind" concerning anything that happens in BG1. There are a few possible work-arounds it, but they are more than one afternoon work.

Did we discover whether locals on the PC were transferred? If they are, it's trivial to set a local matching whatever global you want to carry over.

I mean, wherever _romanced_ Branwen is at the time of BG2, she is definitely not in Athkatla, right? Unless I get another sunstroke and start writing her there, of course.

@Kulyok: Oh, please say you'll do this sometime, please... :love: Lennon already has a Branwen BG2 Mod without banters, romance etc. If only the two of you would collaborate on this project :suspect: I want a soul mate; instead of collecting temporary hearts. Alas, will I ever see my dear, sweet Branwen again? :down:

I don't think you need to transfer conditionals for the Dynaheir dialogue. After all, if you limit the mini-mod to just a small dialogue change regarding her, it is already established you romanced her in BG1. The only thing it would require is adding an extra response option (so you could still select the original responses) and a chain of reactions following that.

It's maybe six lines of extra dialogue but it would acknowledge the relationship, if briefly, and that would help the immersion immensely. We could pretend the player deals with his grief privately after that revelation. He is, after all, a man of action.

I am reluctant to put out something that small as a separate mod; I'll ask Grim if he is interested in making it a component of the Cross-Mod Banter Pack. That's about the only place I can see Lament for Dynaheir fitting in.

Guest Guest
Because of its potential for growth that I want to avoid.

That makes sense. Initially, however, it wouldn't have much to do with the crossmod pack. It makes sense to me, even with only a minimal amount of changes, to give Dynaheir's Lament its own place.

I would not want to argue about it. I'm glad people like it, and care enough for it to want to see things connected into BG2. If anyone is willing to do it - wonderful, there is plenty of stuff that can be thought of for BG2. It's only that myself (and I don't mean to sound crancky), I just don't want to start on any new BG2 mod.

Again, let it not stop anyone from doing whatever they would like to do, as long as they'd reconcile their creations with the BG1 stuff and the stuff that got transferred from BG1 to BG2 already.

I'm very happy to see all the ideas flowing here, and I love Domi's name for the mod too. Why not make this something like the phases you seem to have used in other mods?

so we could do

"Lament for Dynaheir"

Phase I - mini-mod just altering the first conversation in BG2

Phase II - all the rest of the stuff I was talking about before.

Naming it specifically for Dynaheir will make the focus much clearer as well, this is where I was going anyway.

What do you all think of "Dynaheir's Dirge" maybe? too cheesy??

I would not want to argue about it. I'm glad people like it, and care enough for it to want to see things connected into BG2. If anyone is willing to do it - wonderful, there is plenty of stuff that can be thought of for BG2. It's only that myself (and I don't mean to sound crancky), I just don't want to start on any new BG2 mod.

Again, let it not stop anyone from doing whatever they would like to do, as long as they'd reconcile their creations with the BG1 stuff and the stuff that got transferred from BG1 to BG2 already.

Template start (this is not working code, just a rough to get you started. It is a liiiiiitle more complicated that that, after looking at the code, but is perfectly modifiable -- some of the participants will be not party members when talking, some of this will end up branching off of specific states in the joining dialogue, and the condition checks may not need to be rigorous, but here is a start):

CHAIN Minsc Talks About What Happened With Player1 And Dy

MINSC ~ (fill in talk here)

== IMOEN ~ (fill in talk here)

== MINSC ~ (fill in talk here)

END

PC_REPLY1 ~ (fill in talk here)

PC_REPLY2 ~ (fill in talk here)

PC_REPLY3 ~ (fill in talk here)

CHAIN Jaheira Talks About What Happened With Player1 And Dy

JAHEIRA ~ (fill in talk here)

== JAHEIRA ~ (fill in talk here)

END

PC_REPLY1 ~ (fill in talk here)

PC_REPLY2 ~ (fill in talk here)

PC_REPLY3 ~ (fill in talk here)

If you want more Player1 talking, just keep writing, with characters starting with the == NAME format, and we will code on the fly. Now all you have to do is fill in the blanks and discuss :suspect:

Archived