Eirik: NPC Skald

EiriktheScald

Skald Abilities  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vanilla game doesn't have banter when you meet him, but clearly indicates that it's Tranzig in Branwen's bio and, i think in her join in. Bioware wasn't much on following up the NPC's supposedly mortal hatreds (yeslick, kivan, branwen).

I'm delighted with the reception this portrait is receiving. Now if the artist would just answer my email. BTW, the paintover was done by 'wycked' at deviantART. If anyone knows her, please put in a good word for me. :p

If you're interested, a sample of Eirik's dialog [Edit: okay, monologue] was posted in the other thread: NPC Skald

The dialogue would be your part. :p

The introduction is written. For the alpha, I plan to have interjections/banters for a default party: PC, Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira and Branwen. Additional NPCs will be added as time and opportunity permit.

As of this moment, I'm working on a conversation with Imoen about a certain mischievous dragon who roams the Sword Coast... :p

Hmm... no. I'm not even sure BG1 NPC explains how her statue got into the hands of the carnival, how she was turned to stone etc. (though I haven't exhaustively tested all dialog options with her).

It's the Midsummer carnival at Nashkel located in a wood just to the east. According to Branwen's bio, Tranzig turned on her when she refused to attack innocents; turning her into a statue. This event probably occurred before the annual celebration. The carnival didn't acquire her statue, rather it seems to me that the carnival was erected around her statue.

Going by the fact that there's someone there trying to con a large quantity of cash out of you for a stone to flesh scroll, it would seem to me that the statue was indeed found when they decided to set up the carnival.

If it had only appeared recently in a place where the carnival was always set up he wuold have to rely on the presence of complete strangers to the area to pull off the con. Maybe not completely implausible though, since there is that trouble with the mine and so adventurers might be expected to be drawn to the area.

Going by the fact that there's someone there trying to con a large quantity of cash out of you for a stone to flesh scroll, it would seem to me that the statue was indeed found when they decided to set up the carnival.

Here's a thought: Eirik threatens the ol' bugger if he doesn't hand over the scroll.

It's the mid-summer carnival at Nashkel
Midsummer carnival? So why's it still there when I go there in the winter months? (Or are you saying it was midsummer at the time of the event?)
Eirik threatens the ol' bugger if he doesn't hand over the scroll.
Yes, I can see that... though what's he do if I already picked his pocket for the scroll? :p

Archived