Item prices

CamDawg

The "Sellable, Staffs, and Clubs" tweak is going to expand to cover some additional items without prices, and I'd like to get some suggested prices for these items:

• Mask of King Strohm III
  • Kuo-Toa Bolts
  • Sahuagin Bolts
  • Book of Infinite Spells (general)
  • Book of Infinite Spells (last page)
  • Horn of Blasting
  • Horn of Silence
  • Methlid's Harp
  • The Genie's Flask
  • Jansen-Brand Micro-Macro Spectroscopes
  • Jansen-Brand Techno-Thieving Gadgetizer Gloves
  • Delryn Family Shield
  • Deck of Many Things

Any other unsellable items you'd like to see added, let me know. The component will also be tweaking stores so that stores which buy arrows will now also buy bolts. This will alter little (if anything) in BG2, but it will make a huge difference in Tutu where no stores buy bolts.

I think some of this is tied up with whether or not an NPC item gets given to the party if the NPC leaves. I just can't remeber which way 'round it went...

I *think* we make all non-quest NPC items sellable but undroppable, and they go with the NPC when they leave, whereas unsellable also makes the item like a quest item, so it can't leave with the NPC?

(Someone knowledgeable please set me straight)

The first bit at 0x18 in the item file is labeled as 'unsellable' by NI but is really better described as 'quest item'. It's true you can't sell items with this bit set, but it also means these items won't be destroyed by disintegrate (or similar spell effects) and NPCs will always give these items to the PC if they're kicked out of the party.

I *think* we make all non-quest NPC items sellable but undroppable, and they go with the NPC when they leave, whereas unsellable also makes the item like a quest item, so it can't leave with the NPC?

Kivan's spear is not sellable both in BG1 and BG2.

Xan's moonblade is unsellable both in BG1 and BG2.

Ajantis' shield is sellable for 1000 - I admit I always do that, both because of his proficiencies and because a thousand is a thousand. :p

I am not sure about other stuff: most TUTU(BG1) NPC come with non-unique stuff which is, of course, easily sellable.

In BG2, I'd also like to be able to sell parts of artifacts. For example, to me it makes no sense that the Equalizer Pommel gem is sellable, but the Equalizer blade is not. The same with the Gezen bow string, etc.

Some rare scrolls might also be sellable, for example, the one found in the Sahuagin King's treasury.

well, due to bug reports on forums where dismissing Kivan from the party resulted in Kivan's item staying behind now we have

/* Kivan's spear */
COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase2/ITM/X#KISPEA.ITM~ ~override~
 SAY NAME1 @74
 SAY NAME2 @75
 SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @76
 SAY DESC @77
WRITE_LONG 0x34 0

I hadn't checked the Moonblade.

I know an evil <CHARNAME> would assasinate Kivan for the spear and sell it. I hate it, ronin69hoff, and would love to stop it, but I think that it is a valid playing tactic for a chaotic evil Player1.

So, is there a way to make an item stick with the NPC, but still make it dropable and sellable, but also make it not be destroyed?

Here's what I use for what looks like a few of the items:

COPY_EXISTING MISC3C.ITM OVERRIDE
WRITE_LONG 0x34 0x7d0

COPY_EXISTING MISC3H.ITM OVERRIDE
WRITE_LONG 0x34 0x3e8

COPY_EXISTING MISC3L.ITM OVERRIDE
WRITE_LONG 0x34 0x7d0

COPY_EXISTING MISC3O.ITM OVERRIDE
WRITE_LONG 0x34 0x3e8

I'm sure I would have based them on similar horns/figurines; I don't know which is which, however, and I don't agree with any of the rest.

I hadn't checked the Moonblade.

Xan's moonblade can't be sold for two reasons: according to the lore, he'll die without it within days, and anyone who'd buy it risks severe burns and, ultimately, death upon trying it out.

So, is there a way to make an item stick with the NPC, but still make it dropable and sellable, but also make it not be destroyed?

Scripting, yes, and that's annoying. So I guess just ignoring this bit("Hey, where's my moonblade?") works well enough.

I'd suggest some prices, but since you are going to make the Wand of Wonder cost less than it does now(15000), I'll keep silent in protest. :p

Seriously, though, 1000-1500 for Anomen's shield sounds about right. (For example, Domi's Kivan has a helm I always sell right away for 800 or so, and i think it's quite all right, assuming Helm of Defence costs 600 and Helm of Charm Protection costs 300.) 300 for harps and horns also sounds about right to me. 900-1200 for the Book of Infinite Spells.

5000 for the Deck of Many things. 100-200 for Kuo-Tua bolts. 1000 for Genie's Flask. 200-250 for each of the artifacts(Equalizer's blade, etc.)

I don't know about Jansen stuff, since people'd be likely wary of buying it. Probably *much* cheaper than standard Gloves of Pick-Pocketing(1500).

How about an option that allows you to sell your NPC's? :)

I would love to sell Annoymen, Aerie and Nalia. Especially, Nalia. :)

That sounds more like a mod, sell them at the CC. Maybe add it to 'Mod for the Wicked'

Archived