Old version needed

Senka

@Senka: You should never let anyone question your intelligence or your ability to understand the complexities of moding (or anything else) based on your gender. You certainly should not do it yourself.

Women *can and do* understand this stuff! You might very well understand it, too, if you were given a decent explanation rather than a patronizing excuse.

(It's an ancient Slavic tradition to say "I'm only a stupid woman!" Works on stupid men every time. Apparently not here, though. :D )

Guys, a lady just wants to play! Someone, have a heart, PM Senka a link... please. ;)

(I had some old versions, but, alas... all gone now). I know that old versions must be available somewhere - I have all three Xan versions on my ftp account. And if something is the matter with Vlad's mods, asking him sounds like the most logical solution.

(It's an ancient Slavic tradition to say "I'm only a stupid woman!" Works on stupid men every time. Apparently not here, though. :D )

Obviously, if you know / think you're stupid (either man or woman), then you should stick to stupid stuff and quit waisting my time doing stuff for intelligent people ;)

Also, `stupid woman' opens men's mind to possibilities which are easier to exploit in face-to-face contact rather than across the ocean ;)

And if something is the matter with Vlad's mods, asking him sounds like the most logical solution.

It'd be logical, were it not for the fact that Vlad is not interested in cooperating, but rather in FUDding as many people as possible away from the Fixpack (and newer WeiDUs, evidently).

(I had some old versions, but, alas... all gone now). I know that old versions must be available somewhere - I have all three Xan versions on my ftp account. And if something is the matter with Vlad's mods, asking him sounds like the most logical solution.

Like many, I think you vastly overestimate my organization skills. ;) My 'archive' is my local copy of the G3 site; from time to time I move all of the old mods into another folder for archiving if (and this is key) I remember to do so when I do my periodic purge of old stuff. In this case, I have a gap between Tutu Tweaks 13 and the first BG2 Tweaks beta.

Glad it was solved. And no one here thinks of you as a "stupid woman". Not the two dedicated female modders who commented, not the bigg, and not any of the rest of us. It seems you have hit on a very sensitive topic. If you do end up having troubles of any kind, please send us your debug log from your install, and several folks here will help you as best we can.

Guest Guest_Vlad_*

I wonder only one thing why do admins of this forum allow such lexicon at their forum boards.

Looking for some constructive points among endless swearing and bawdry of Mr. Valerio Bigiani, I found none, unfortunately. It seems to me that Mr. Bigiani is far away from being an adult civilised person who knows how to express his mind without using the lexicon he get using.

With respect to NeJ2, well, the download statistics says for itself. It seems that the compatibility with other mods is not what makes many many gamers to play a certain mod.

Regarding the request of Senka, I did not direct her to this forums to start another flame. She just informed me on the reaction she received here.

Eventually, I would like to note that the WeiDU after 185 ignores MYAREA variables and some other identifiers in scripts reporting typos. Okay, it's only a warning, and you are probably aware of this. But non-modders who install NeJ2 start nerving about their installations and ask me what is wrong. I simply don't want to see all these warnings in my installation. That's all. That is why I recommended to Senka to get WeiDU v185, which strangely enough ignores all these "typos".

Guest Guest
Such warnings will be off by default for next WeiDU v199

Now, after I see this kind of attitude of Mr. Bigiani, I don't want his BiggDU for "political reasons" as he mentioned above. I am pretty satisfied with v185. So, thanks.

I wonder only one thing why do admins of this forum allow such lexicon at their forum boards.

Uh-huh. The language you used towards me at aerie.ru boards was a prime example of chivalry, of course. ;)

Guest Guest
The language you used towards me at aerie.ru boards was a prime example of chivalry, of course

;)

Support your statement, please.

ummm... ok, I guess I should get out more and read some other stuff...

obviously this is not about modding or code, but protection of turf and a lack of understanding of what WeiDU is, does, and how it operates (coming from me, that is a very big statement, since I have only the vaguest clue, and just operationally am able to decipher this.)

There is no way of keeping your WeiDU distribution clear of upgrading past v185 unless you requie the mod in question be installed first, require no other mods be installed, write a separate program that uninstalls and deletes all other setup-hgjh.exe programs before uninstall/reinstall routines and manually copy back the v185 to block the upgrading, and you force users into more of a conflict. This means that you would successfully block or destroy the installation of many upgraded mods using newer code. This is not only rude, it is a losing battle.

I am personally disappointed that we can't all get along, but this discussion has turned pointless.

Because either

- Cam doesn't believe in censorship and happens to understand a rant once in a while.

- leaving the lexicon there serves as a public proof in case anybody wants to raise the question of censorship (E.G. you can simply link here if I were to start a "XYZ is *** and banned me without reason" topic).

- Cam has warned me in public, so evidently he doesn't really appreciate my lexicon either.

Regarding the request of Senka, I did not direct her to this forums to start another flame.

You throw mud at me and everything I do for the community, that's cool, it's not like I care for your opinion anyway. Once people start actually coming and reporting bugs / requesting stuff because of that, you can't expect me to say 'more, please'.

Eventually, I would like to note that the WeiDU after 185 ignores MYAREA variables and some other identifiers in scripts reporting typos. Okay, it's only a warning, and you are probably aware of this. But non-modders who install NeJ2 start nerving about their installations and ask me what is wrong. I simply don't want to see all these warnings in my installation. That's all. That is why I recommended to Senka to get WeiDU v185, which strangely enough ignores all these "typos".

As has already been said, WeiDU 199 doesn't raise those errors. Further, not that you care, but MYAREA doesn't raise those either; WeiDU < 193 never displayed those, so the <= 185 claim is wrong; and there is a known workaround (copy are files before compiling scripts).

now, after I see this kind of attitude of Mr. Bigiani, I don't want his BiggDU for "political reasons" as he mentioned above. I am pretty satisfied with v185. So, thanks.

That's perfectly fine for me.

And if you want to back your words with actual bans, you can put the following code directly after the AUTHOR line to block all BiggDU versions from installing your mods (tildas must be removed as written for this to work):

ALWAYS BEGIN
 COPY bgmain.exe INCLUDE
 AT_EXIT ~del INCLUDE~
END

I think it'd be funny to watch your bug report thread grow with people reporting parse errors on that.

Archived