About This File
What's New in Version v5 See changelog
- French translation, courtesy of mickabouille
- IWDification now includes a configuration option in iwdification/iwdspells/iwdspells.ini that allows the player to override IWD spells added by other mods. By default, IWDification will not override IWD spells added by other mods; this ini allows the user to force IWDification to use its version of spells even if they were previously added by other mods.
- IWDification installs IWD spells in two phases: first it installs a spell, then does some 'postproduction' changes (e.g. accounting for BG2 resources not present in IWD, cosmetic changes to match BG2 aesthetics, &c.). These postproduction changes now explicitly check that a given spell was added by IWDification and not a different mod, as this could potentially generate warnings or prevent installation.
- Resolved a small incompatibility with the multiclass kit mod
- In general, IWD included tieflings as extra- or outer-planar creatures in terms of spell effects. We've decided to make the choice to treat tieflings as prime material in origin as this matches better with the game lore.
- Due to a typo, paladins would play a random string in the feedback window when they received their immunity to fear
- Spiritual Wrath was not playing a cosmetic visual due to a typo
- Song of Kaudies was supposed to protect against Demilich Howl, Moon Dog Howl, and War Cry, but was doing so by trying to copy an effect which may not be present on all games
- Skeletons created by Soul Eater were supposed to have a randomized melee weapon, but the script was targeting the wrong resource
- Monster Summoning I could cause crashes if certain animations weren't defined
Spell fixes that only apply to oBG2:
- Animal Rage wasn't working
- Blood Rage no longer affects enemies, per its description
- Cloud spells could fail if a needed action (added in ToB) wasn't present, so the mod now adds it explicitly
- Whirlwind could hit more than once per round
- Wither isn't supposed to affect golems, undead, or extraplanar creature but this wasn't working due to a missing file
- Several summoning spells were summoning the wrong HD of creatures when cast at the minimum level