Bug Reports for Alpha 18

Domi

During a banter between Peony and Nord (which started with "Ahem, Sir Knight", I think) it would get to Nord's last line and crash my game after I hit continue. I reloaded and got the same problem three times.

Same for me. I've tried it two times (resting immediately and not resting till I cleared the surrounding area of mobs) and it's always the same result. Currently, I'm in the very beginning of Chapter 5 with a team of Jaermal, Diriel, Rizdaer, Peony and Sir Nord.

Maybe it's just my game, but it tends to be a bit laggy with Peony in my party.

During a banter between Peony and Nord (which started with "Ahem, Sir Knight", I think) it would get to Nord's last line and crash my game after I hit continue. I reloaded and got the same problem three times.

Corrected locally, please, see Quick and Dirty Fixes on how to fix.

And, guys, please, don't torture yourself with reloads on something like this - those are easy to find bugs, so report right away, so I can give you a quick fix and fix it in the game :(

Maybe it's just my game, but it tends to be a bit laggy with Peony in my party.

Laggy can be IWD2 itself; it does drag in some areas. I saw somewhere that SorceresPlace had a fix for some of the lagging areas, and someone else reported that cleaning the area cache helped (I am not sure how to do that, so if someone knows the way, please, tell!)

However, if you notice music playing w/o dialogue, or Peony stopping and trying to talk to someone and not saying anything, I would want your saved game sent to domi_sotto@gibberlings3.net

and someone else reported that cleaning the area cache helped (I am not sure how to do that, so if someone knows the way, please, tell!)

First... While you're in a game area, press either X or L, I forget which key. It should display some coordinates and an area number, like AR3100. Then you exit the game and open the folder where you installed IWD2. Go to cache -> data and in that folder there should be a bunch of files, one of which should be named AR3100. (Or whichever area it was that was lagging.) Delete that file from the data folder. (Or delete all the files if your whole game is lagging. Not the folder itself, just the files in it. It might help)

At least, it worked for me.

I think I give up for the moment. The Ice temple in IWD2 is... well... I can't find any civil words for it. I approached it three times, and now I can only say I'm stuck, and the game's plot sucks so much that if I ever complete it, it won't be now, I'm afraid.

Diriel, typos:

"posses":

You listed the same factor thrice, but I'm willing to acquiesce that you've done so for emphasis, not because you do not posses knowledge of simple arithmetic and logic.

Full stop missing in the end:

You have expressed a disagreement not with my words, but with your placement in the Balance. You belong to the category that instinctively adjusts to their place in the Great Cycle and becomes the archetypical embodiment of their niche. You are a <MANWOMAN> who, at present, belongs to Life

comma after "after all":

Diriel, there is seriously nothing wrong with it! I know. I, after all lived there!

probably "diaspora":

An elven diasporas in a human city is a fallacy.

Sigh. I am curious, so I'll probably do the old good "teleport to the new area and set chapter global variable". Here I go.

Diriel, banter 7:

~It's a strange choice for an elf, is not it?~ / is it not?

I think Salomeya's PID line grates, because of this:

Well, you are in luck for I am in the storytelling mood. / comma missing after "luck", I think

Also, Salomeya/PC reply: "pirate ships are hardly a spa" - "a spa" - I thought it was something modern, no? I don't know, though.

Prachi: she is one of my favourites(well, she and Salomeya), but if with Salomeya, I get enough interested/friendly/sarcastic replies(which I rather like), with Prachi so many PC replies are derisive/unfriendly that I'm starting to feel a trifle uncomfortable. There are neutral replies sometimes, though they're rather hard to find, but I'm missing encouragement replies/a more friendly tone. That's just me, though

Rizdaer, "do you think I hate surfacers/hate drow..." banter:

"I hope that you don't hate me. It would break my heart." and immediately after, I can choose a reply:

"You don't hate me then? That would have broken my heart."

(I guess it might merit some rephrasing, otherwise it looks as if PC says the same thing twice).

Also, it might be interesting:

- I've just sorted things out with Rizdaer(we find each other attractive, chapter 4); same with Jaemal - he loves me, I love him(well, all right, I lied. After I've witnessed what he does to Salomeya, and he confirmed my observations and said he was playing his own game with her shortly after, my compassion for the guy averages zero).

However:

1) I still get the same flirts from Rizdaer and Jaemal as I did in the very beginnings of our relative romances, and get, it seems, the same reactions;

2) In the beginning, in chapters 1 and 2, Rizdaer and Jaemal bickered a little. Now, however, it's chapter 3 and 4, and they neither acknowledged one another's romance, nor bickered, nor did one of the romances die. It's almost as if I was multiromancing.[/color]

In the beginning, in chapters 1 and 2, Rizdaer and Jaemal bickered a little. Now, however, it's chapter 3 and 4, and they neither acknowledged one another's romance, nor bickered, nor did one of the romances die. It's almost as if I was multiromancing.

It looks this way. The romances are scheduled to cancel one another in Chapter 2/beginning of Chapter 3. It could be because you advanced the Globals. But I want to know if the conflict banters/romance cancellations come up on a normal play?

Woohoo, I scored with Diriel!

"What am I doing standing" - I think a comma after "doing"

By the way, these three replies(this one+"guilty because of Rizdaer/Jaemal") do not disappear once I choose them.

Reported: Jaemal did quit the group immediately with the words "I am not your slave"(I am not sure the words fit, though) - good riddance to bad rubbish.

Reported: Rizdaer's romance seemed to go inactive at once.

But I want to know if the conflict banters/romance cancellations come up on a normal play?

I can't advance past the Temple normally. :( Here's hoping someone else will. However, I must note that I only changed the chapter's global and nothing else - they should've noticed that, I guess.

Okay, I see the problem - I rely on the conflict banter to come up after a certain amount of talks by BOTH Jaemal and Rizdaer. Except for I used LT instead of GT for Rizdaer. :( Corrected locally. And I think you did away with Jaemal already, but if someone else having the multiromance occure, please use the PID options for now.

Edit: Also added an additional script to shut off the rival romance if the other one outpaces the first one too much.

I still get the same flirts from Rizdaer and Jaemal as I did in the very beginnings of our relative romances, and get, it seems, the same reactions.

What's the value of

P#RizdaerFlirtMedium?

If it is >0, you've shifted to the Medium flirts, but have not yet seen new ones. If it is still 0, it should switch relatively soon. I'll have to update the flirting system to get more of the flirts triggering. Dividing them sounded like a fine idea, appart from it really becoming bias toward the dungeon ones and awakening ones being unreliable. :( And I thought there were so many of them.... (Sigh)

When I started Chapter One, right after Torak gave his first dialog, Diriel had an interjection talking about Derieth the human druid. All well and good, except my PC had yet to MEET Derieth. Not sure if that is a bug or not.

In the Prolouge, you said there were interjections about the dead cat. When were they suppose to fire? Looking at the dialog files, I didn't get to see a lot of dialogs in the Prolouge. That might be just me playing too fast, though.

I rather like what I've played so far. My party is a female elven ranger PC, Jaemal, Rizdaer, Diriel, Salomeya, and Nord. I was trying to maximize romance conflicts, and Nord's there for general amusement. :( I love how the first soundclip that played at the start of his first dialog was 'Bullsh*t'. ;) I laugh everytime he says it. All his soundclips are funny, really.

In the Prolouge, you said there were interjections about the dead cat. When were they suppose to fire? Looking at the dialog files, I didn't get to see a lot of dialogs in the Prolouge. That might be just me playing too fast, though.

Hildury interjects about the dead cat in Firtha's house. The interjections are actually not lined up in the file chronologically per chapter, for all characters; it's sort of historical ;)

Anyway, glad you enjoy that, and that Dereth thing basically got eliminated, because it kept causing troubles :(

Cheers.

Archived