Bug Reports for Alpha 18

Domi

For running Peony's romance is there a type of male PC you want tested with her? Or any other NPC you'd like tested with her?

Hmm, no PC in particular, I am running with a half-orc atm, so a non-half-orc then? From NPCs - any of the Diriel and Nord, I have not seen her with them. :(

Just confirming that I got "NVLR" for both "talk to Rizdaer" and "talk to Rizdaer in private" in the very beginning of the game, too.

As well, after a talk with Nord(who wasn't in my party) I noticed that my biography was written into my journal between "kill that goblin" and "find this guy" tasks, whereas my biography remained the same generic one. Maybe it's not the best place?

Also, with the first dialogue with Jaemal, I couldn't find a polite way to tell him that no, calling a girl you've just met "Northern Light" might be not such a good idea - it was either accepting it or being rude.

(I debated between Prachi+Salomeya and Nord+Hildury, and chose Prachi+Salomeya in the end. Man, was I glad I did, because the parting dialogue with Nord where he called my character "pup" has immediately shown me that it is a bad idea to take him on board).

A small typo - "Palaces, <CHARNAME> are more dangerous than slums, and I know it first hand, I assure you." - a comma after CHARNAME.

I didn't get the human druid interjection, by the way - but we only talked to the druid after all orcs in the vicinity were killed.

Otherwise, all fine, both romances proceeding, though Jaemal got more talks than Rizdaer yet - I'm triggering them via P key.

As well, after a talk with Nord(who wasn't in my party) I noticed that my biography was written into my journal between "kill that goblin" and "find this guy" tasks, whereas my biography remained the same generic one. Maybe it's not the best place?

There is simply no way to have the biography for PC in the appropriate slot (it's hard-coded in IWD2, not a soundset slot a-la BG). If you can think of a better place than the journal, I'm open to suggestions :(

Also, with the first dialogue with Jaemal, I couldn't find a polite way to tell him that no, calling a girl you've just met "Northern Light" might be not such a good idea - it was either accepting it or being rude.

The Jaemal, I think you're about to make a... mistake in judgment. I'd rather you avoid it.

is a polite refusal option.

Otherwise, all fine, both romances proceeding, though Jaemal got more talks than Rizdaer yet - I'm triggering them via P key.

That's normal - different timers etc.

"I... Here... this plant is for you, Charname"

Missing period, there.

Just got to chapter three now...

EDIT: Oh, and something I found before but forgot...

Sir Nord: What's your impression of the bloody North so far, Sir Nord?

Well, he was talking to me, not himself, so...

Sir Nord is not in the first character slot, is he? If he is, you absolutely *have* to have your PC there. In IWD2, <CHARNAME> is reserved for whoever is the first character, not the protagonist.

Sir Nord is not in the first character slot, is he? If he is, you absolutely *have* to have your PC there. In IWD2, <CHARNAME> is reserved for whoever is the first character, not the protagonist.

No, the PC was in the first character slot.

Okay, so first of all, for the first time since I bought IWD II I've made it to Chapter Six. Seriously, this pack makes the game like, 95% better.

I haven't had a lot of noticable bugs, although now that I'm closing in on the end I'm having a few problems. Anyway here's the breakdown of what I have so far.

Whole Game:

1. I'd have to go back through the dialogue files to see exactly where, but general impression was that there was quite a bit of misplaced and spliced commas. They tended to interupt the flow of the dialogue.

2. I think you addressed it, but the rest flirts have occasionaly fired on rest, but usually seem to just fire whenever.

3. Again, I'd have to look at the dialogue files to see if it's simply a case of there not being that many, but with the flirts Jaemal initates, I only seem to be getting the same one or two, over and over, per chapter. I think I got the one about the flame flower three or four times.

Chapter Five & Six

1. Something either misfired for Hildury or it's not terriably clear when her dialogue sequence is exhausted. Now whenever I try to chat with her I get the "Happy to talk with you etc.", press continue, and then the whole thing closes.

2. Rizdaer won't talk about anything but how Paladins are idiotic. I got this talk the first time fine, then it fired when it was sort of obvious he wanted to talk about something else, now it's all that shows up when I try to force talk him. I'm going to try right after posting this to kill Nord, force talk Riz, and see if without Nord in the party I can talk to him normally. Then bring Nord back of course, 'cause I be lovin' the Nord. :(

ed. And that *really* doesn't work. Riz still tried to talk with dead Nord. Assertions apparently failed(?), and the game crashed out.

In the Eight Chambers for the Black Raven monastery, Jaemal's and Rizdaer's interjections interrupt teleporting the PC to a chamber but you can talk to the monk again to proceed.

Nord-Jaemal talk in chp3: Jaemal says he teleported 4 people in his escape, but wasn't it only 3? Also, Chessentan should be Chessentian.

In Salomeya's talk with the PC about the pirate ships there is a part that repeated for me. It was 'Any hot-blooded woman would be considering that she could become the new Alzavir... Why are you roaming knee-deep in snow?' I think I chose a PC option of asking how she ended up with pirates if she's of royal stock.

Small loop in Jaemal LT6: You can get back to 6.1 again if you choose to tell Jaemal he's observant in 6.3, then choose option of 'I think you are very noble for trying. I doubt Salomeya appreciates it, though.'

Salomeya chp3 NPC banter: Starts with 'Ah we have a moment of peace finally'. In this one Salomeya mentions Hildury, but I've never had Hildury in the party or any mention of her.

Another place a mention of Hildury comes up is in a Jaemal-Nord banter. J asks Nord about the Order and Nord says he's better off asking Hildury. Seems a little odd since there is no real mention of her if she's not in the party.

1. Nord interject with Nym: 'Damn you, drow. Are you luring us in a trap?' into

2. Jaemal LT7: PC choice 'This cannot go on... it will not cancel the fact you're a eunuch.' Suggest change instead of cancel.

3. Rizdaer-Hadbruki interject: H- 'By the great ravens, I probably will, but not before I live our fifty more...' out

4. Diriel PID response: 'Poluted air makes my throat dry.' Polluted

5. Jaemal flirt: 'I can make fire appear before my eyes... but no fire is brighter that which I see in you. Should be 'brighter than that which'

6. Salomeya interject with Harshom: 'I always liked to test men... Some of them are not even far of the mark.' off

7. Salomeya-PC talk about slavery: 'The Thavians, have got it right...' Should this be Thayvians?

Jaemal:

But,<CHARNAME>, what man who had been a slave goes back willingly, risks having his tattoo uncovered, to be made a slave again?

Edit by D: I think it was already reported/corrected

Salomeya, PC reply:

Surely, you must have liked...loved individual men as well?

- space missing.

A cycle with Prachi, she's saying the same thing twice. Here:

P#PrPC3.18-> P#PrPC3.11 ->P#PrPC3.14->P#PrPC3.11

Jaemal-Diriel:

"I concurred with your own observation -I prefer the lesser races to be self-effacing- and you are aggrieved?" - extra space before "I" and after "effacing"

CONFLICTS: "But, <CHARNAME>, I cannot go on like this. Tell me that you love Rizdaer and I will-"

- I've no idea why, but in this line of Jaemal's I got "Rizdaer" instead of my PC's name. I looked, and he indeed initiated banter with Rizdaer for some reason. But my PC *is* in slot N1. Maybe <PLAYER1> is needed here, or something?

Also, this conflict banter "two men love you" triggered right after Jaemal-Diriel shouting match about dogs, and long after Diriel said he loved my PC("love doesn't discard analysis in a potential mate...") and I said in PC-Rizdaer banter it was mutual("get with your research double-time, do you hear me!"). Yet, Jaemal speaks of Rizdaer - immediately after arguing with *Diriel*, and he doesn't mention Diriel at all. Neither can I answer that I love neither of them, I love Diriel. Maybe an extra option for PC and an extra line for Diriel(if PC is elven/Diriel intervened) is in order?

I don't know if this is due to the mod, but my game keeps stuttering (really, really stuttering) and crashing.

I'm in the second level of the Ice Temple.

Also, I have Ease of use installed -- could that be the problem? (also, bottomless bags component :( )

I'll do a clean install and reinstall the mod -- I'll let you know if that works.

Diriel: "I... Here... this plant is for you, <CHARNAME>" - full stop missing. Also, capital "H" in "here" looks a bit out of place on the screen.

"obtain nutrients by grazing" - maybe "gazing"? "Grazing" is more about cutting yourself on something, as I remember.

Edit:

Domi: Nope, 'grazing' is what I am looking for, it's what cows do. ;)http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/graze

- Diriel proposed to look for the beetle nest, and I agreed, but there was a "man, screaming for help" reply, and I had no idea who it was - well, I neither played before, nor seen him - I only saw the captain when we walked another screen and a half or so.

(Oh, and it rocks. This was not a bug report. :( )

Again, I'd have to look at the dialogue files to see if it's simply a case of there not being that many, but with the flirts Jaemal initates, I only seem to be getting the same one or two, over and over, per chapter. I think I got the one about the flame flower three or four times.

There are 35 (15 at waking +10 in the dungeon +10 outdoors) for early, and the same for late romance, plus 'middleground' where some flirts are pooled from the early, and some from the late flirts, but because I distributed them they seems to repeat too often. This is somthing that I will probably be redoing seeing how at waking flirts work badly and the repetitions. So I will be ajusting them and removing the 'tie' to the setting.

Something either misfired for Hildury or it's not terriably clear when her dialogue sequence is exhausted. Now whenever I try to chat with her I get the "Happy to talk with you etc.", press continue, and then the whole thing closes.

What was the last conversation you had with her or what is your P#HilduryPCTalk Global value?

Rizdaer won't talk about anything but how Paladins are idiotic. I got this talk the first time fine, then it fired when it was sort of obvious he wanted to talk about something else, now it's all that shows up when I try to force talk him. I'm going to try right after posting this to kill Nord, force talk Riz, and see if without Nord in the party I can talk to him normally. Then bring Nord back of course, 'cause I be lovin' the Nord.

Corrected locally, please see a quick and dirty fixes thread :(

Archived