Bug Reports for Alpha 18

Domi

Guest Pen 52

Well, I guess I'm multiromancing. Don't know how that happened.

It all went fine during Chapters one and two, but... now I'm in chapter five, and both the boys seem to be fine with being a part of a harem. :)

Also, they stopped interjecting (Diriel included) into each other's love talks after Chapter 2. Is that supposed to happen?

No conflict-banters between the two of them concerning the romance either.

The flirts got kind of stuck -- they don't fire all that ofter (which is a shame -- I peaked at the files ;) ).

Other than that, one of Hildury's banters with Diriel is off -- where they talk about her emulating human morals -- Hildury mentiones Salomeya in the dialogue, and she is not in the party. Also, Hildury says that Diriel and Salomeya are the only elves she's known and calls them to orcs with golden tounges.

My elven PC found herself a bit insulted. :(

Also, they stopped interjecting (Diriel included) into each other's love talks after Chapter 2. Is that supposed to happen?

That's correct. Approximately about the same time, the conflict banter is supposed to trigger, and the conflicts should subside.

The flirts got kind of stuck -- they don't fire all that ofter (which is a shame -- I peaked at the files ).

The flirt frequency increases as the romance gains speed. In the beginning there is 30% chance of the flirt triggering, then it's 50% and finally it's 100%. So the frequency should increase once you are into 'medium' zone.

Guest Pen 52

Forgot to ask. I noticed that you can restart the romance with Jaemal with the PID menu, but not with Rizdaer.

Is that a bug or?

You have to break off one romance to be able to restart another and after a certain lt # with the rival you cannot restore the romance. You also cannot restore the romance under special circumstances, ie Diriel. I am doing this to prevent the multiromancing to run far into the game and get you two romantic epilogues.

Am I the only one who has her rest flirts working right? :( Although the bad thing is that Jaemal's flirts trigger more often then Rizdaer's;/ And not only in the rest category....

Anyway, some typos (and such):

Jaemal's dying line: 'This clepsydra is empty'. Um? Klepsydra is a Polish word (perhaps Russian too, no idea), in English it would be hourglass or sandglass, or water glass... perhaps clepsydra/clepsydre/something like that, too, just I don't have it in my dictionary, so, as I have said earlier... better safe then sorry^^'. I report.

In one of Rizdaer's flirts: 'a quick notes' - should be without 'a', plural. Maybe 'some'.

Salomeya has somewhere a banter with the player with phrase 'them men-haters'. Why them in this contecst? I thought it should be 'the'.

Jaemal/Salomeya banter

'(...) makes me glad that I am a enuch" - should be "an eunuch", I think? Or is it an exception? I don't think it is, but it well may be... Ask someone who knows?

Also the spider-eating goblin in the fortress has the 'no valid links' error in his dialogue.

And, yeah, I have been replaying chapter 1&2 with another party this time trying *cough* something slightly different while romancing Rizd.. We will see^^'.

And, just curious, what does 'infeasible' mean, lol? I can't find it anywere.... XD

Am I the only one who has her rest flirts working right? :( Although the bad thing is that Jaemal's flirts trigger more often then Rizdaer's;/ And not only in the rest category....

Dunno, but hope to find out later today.

Jaemal's dying line: 'This clepsydra is empty'. Um? Klepsydra is a Polish word (perhaps Russian too, no idea), in English it would be hourglass or sandglass, or water glass... perhaps clepsydra/clepsydre/something like that, too, just I don't have it in my dictionary, so, as I have said earlier... better safe then sorry^^'. I report.

No idea, but if it's voiced, I'd think it would be better to stay the way it is. Maybe it's a Mulhorandi thing.

Salomeya has somewhere a banter with the player with phrase 'them men-haters'. Why them in this contecst? I thought it should be 'the'.
Sometimes informal English grammar allows for pronoun-noun constructions, like "I hate all you rat bastards," but I'd have to see the sentence to tell if it's OK in context.

'(...) makes me glad that I am a enuch" - should be "an eunuch", I think? Or is it an exception? I don't think it is, but it well may be... Ask someone who knows?
If you're British, it would likely be "an eunuch," but "a eunuch" would be acceptable American grammar. "Eunuch" starts with the "Y" sound, and for American readers, that gets an "a" indefinite article. "Hour" starts with an "ow" sound, so that gets an "an" indefinite article. Darned screwy language.

And, just curious, what does 'infeasible' means, lol? I can't find it anywere.... XD

"impossible"

Oh, nice to know! And sorry for bothering you...:(

And the full Salomeya sentence ... *browses through the files*

Hmm.. "~Are you one of them men-haters, Salomeya?~ "

And I still think it should be 'the'. ^^' But as I know nothing of English I think I will stop with the typos, and concentrate on bugs.

But as I know nothing of English I think I will stop with the typos, and concentrate on bugs.

Don't worry, it's always nice to double-check stuff that looks weird :( By the way the www.m-w.com is a great dictionary!

My sound files didn't unpack, for some reason. Going to try it again.

Edit: No, I'm not making sense. The zip file extracted just fine, but the ogg decoder didn't find them to decode them. I probably did something horribly wrong.

Edit2: Apparently, that something is attempting to read anything after wrestling with script files for something else. I didn't extract it into the right folder. Sorry.

I just had an after rest love talk from Rizdaer that looked a little odd.

My PC awoke intertwined with Riz (Whoo-hoo!) but as the PC is attempting to untagle herself (why would she do that I ask you?) I get:Neeless to say Rizdaer does not make the task any easier. On the opposite...etc..

Shouldn't it be Quite the opposite?

I've redone Jaemal's flirts, eliminating the "awake" portion and increasing the number of the outdoor and dungeon ones to 20 and 25 respectively. So, if anyone is playing to start a new game with Mal's romance, will it be possible for you to hold on till I put Alpha 19 out? I'd like to hear the feedback on the flirts' repetitions.

I've redone Jaemal's flirts, eliminating the "awake" portion and increasing the number of the outdoor and dungeon ones to 20 and 25 respectively. So, if anyone is playing to start a new game with Mal's romance, will it be possible for you to hold on till I put Alpha 19 out? I'd like to hear the feedback on the flirts' repetitions.

Of course, but I think there are a lot of people out there that will be delighted to romance Jaemal a number of times no matter if it's changed or not.

Or perhaps I just happen to be a maniac :(

Oh, and I found a typo - beware, for my english is getting better and better (kidding! :))

It was Rizdaer's LT3, if my memory serves me well.

When talking to Rizader, Diriel throws in his two coppers and guys start to discuss about the PC, and in one of my options I had something between the lines "If you two are done discussing me as a breeding mare (...)". Should be "mate", no?

I will give the full quote and the exact location of it when I get home from work ;)

Archived