Mask of the Betrayer

Domi

Finished MotB. Loved the story, the ending was OK, I guess, but not great (but then, for me all endings except PS:T and Fallout 1 are not great). I got the best ending, I believe.

Overall, a good game, much better than OC and just couldn't be compared to the first NWN, they are too different (loved MotB much more). I like the direction Obsidian are going, I was a little bit disappointed in them after NWN2 and KOTOR2, but MotB is definitely an improvement.

It's a pity you can't get Bishop out of the wall, though :) At least Sand is alive, heh.

Khlegar (hate dwarvern stereotypes)

Strange, I've never perceived him as stereotypical... Instead, he had too weird a goal for a dwarf, and I actually loved his quest and interactions w/ Ironfists in the OC. If all the other NPCs had quests and character development as much as Khelgar, NWN2 would make a truly wonderful game, I think.

Oh noes. does that mean Qara's dead?I liked her

Looks like you're minority :) I think I liked her too, though (only thought her too under-developed and, therefore, shallow)

I didn't mind Qara either, but I keep ending up with Sand, simply because he's forced on you for a while, and I have no interest in re-equipping Qara....

Anyway, got MoTB yesterday, but afraid to install it out of fear it will screw up my OC, which I *have* to run right now due to Bishop-loving. Just saw that the last battle breaks under MoTB+1116 install....

Okay, on vacation, so I went out and picked up MoTB tonight.

Any idea how I get the character I used throughout NWN2 into a MoTB game?

When I do create a new game, it gives me the option of picking a character. There are four versions of the character listed as local. All versions are first level. I really really don't want to have to level up 19 levels and remember all the choices I made to get my character to were I was happy with him.

Okay, on vacation, so I went out and picked up MoTB tonight.

Any idea how I get the character I used throughout NWN2 into a MoTB game?

When I do create a new game, it gives me the option of picking a character. There are four versions of the character listed as local. All versions are first level. I really really don't want to have to level up 19 levels and remember all the choices I made to get my character to were I was happy with him.

Okay, I figured it out. You have to Export your character from a NWN2 save game.

My only problem now is that the videocard that I bought to run NWN2 is whining about getting too hot if I run the game at my monitor's native resolution (1680 x 1050).

Scratch that, a 2nd problem is "What the blank did they do to the camera? And why won't it switch between modes. Supposedly * is supposed to do it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Checks keyboard for otherwise unnoticed * keys. Ugh, must get out of first room before having to go to bed.

Okay, I figured it out. You have to Export your character from a NWN2 save game.

My only problem now is that the videocard that I bought to run NWN2 is whining about getting too hot if I run the game at my monitor's native resolution (1680 x 1050).

Scratch that, a 2nd problem is "What the blank did they do to the camera? And why won't it switch between modes. Supposedly * is supposed to do it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Checks keyboard for otherwise unnoticed * keys. Ugh, must get out of first room before having to go to bed.

Ah hah, the camera mode is mapped to the * key on the numberpad, which my fancy dancy contoured Kinesis keyboard that I'm trying out doesn't have (or well it has a software actuated keypad, which if it has a * key it is non-obvious from the symbols on the keys).

Archived