MUCH praise and minor feedback

Qwinn

Regarding that last post, just so you know, it's not gamebreaking or anything. I was able to go to the coronation and the game proceeded as it should. As I said, it just felt... unfinished.

I did find what I'm pretty sure is a bug in a near-end-game Dynaheir lovetalk though. Oddly, though, while it's a fairly simple and short lovetalk, it doesn't seem to be listed in the romance guide. I'm getting it when I rest in the thief maze, right after the coronation.

The first line is:

* "Dynaheir grows somber"

The obvious response is "What is it, Dynaheir?" (other option is to ignore her)

She replies: "Tis nothing. No, I lie. It's the woman we just met, Tamoko. She made me think of how thou are different from thy brother in thy love for thy companions."

Now here's the bug... I'm fairly sure the following two replies are transposed/reversed:

If you respond "And for you. I am loyal to you, my friend... my love. And I will always remain loyal to you, no matter what fate throws in our way.", she replies "And alongside him the woman who loved him? *she raises her palm to stay your objections* No, dost not say anything. But delay thy judgment of thy brother, until he himself would call for it. Consider then what Tamoko has said. No man who had inspired such love in a woman's heart could be entirely evil or gone beyond recall of honor."

On the other hand, if you respond "I beg your pardon, my lady, but my "brother" belongs on a midden heap for his treacherous mind and vile deeds", she replies "Complimenting thy beloved is a wonderful moment of love. A wise woman is never afraid of it."

Seems pretty clear to me that those two replies are transposed incorrectly.

Qwinn

Taking another moment for the "much praise" section of this thread...

Just finished up. Excellent work guys :) And Domi, in particular, excellent work on the Dynaheir romance, it was very well done, and added a lot to the game. :D I enjoyed the final cutscene too. (yes, I used the fix for it discussed recently in this forum).

I got a copy of the v15 beta from cmorgan not long ago. I save a ridiculous amount, so 'm going to try installing it and then loading up saved games at the various problem points and see if it fixes any of them. I realize v15 may not fix some problems when using them from an older save, but I figure if it -does- fix some, that's a pretty good sign and I can tell you which ones it did.

Qwinn

Got 'em - investigating and fixing where appropriate. I agree the Husam et al is probably UB territory, but I'll take a look so it can be flagged for them; if Macready is that confident of JOURNAL/Q/etc., then i will take a look through and see what we do with a more serious eye (but no prmises here - just looking :) ).

Well, excellent news so far!

I uninstalled v14 (and got a nasty error on the first try, but no issues so far), then installed v15f. Then I tried reloading my saved games that I made when I was working with v14 and tested the earlier problems.

So far, I've checked the two big issues I've discovered so far, the romance hanging on lovetalks 11 and 15 by not incrementing the variable. So far, I checked the 3 known paths where 11 would hang, and the variable incremented properly on all 3. And on LT15, well, it wasn't a consistent error and I could never figure out why it would sometimes work and usually wouldn't, but I tried 4 entirely different paths just now and all incremented properly, so... woohoo! Looks like both are fixed to me. Great work :)

I'll scan through the thread to remind myself of any other issues I reported, and report if I can confirm anything else fixed.

Qwinn

Lake Poet Rob, the Naskhel bard that will lower your reputation for a fee (and that's an AWESOME idea, I think it should be done for BG2 as well!), there's a conversation path where he says "Would you care to sieze the opportunity before it passes by?" "Sieze" is misspelled, the proper spelling is "seize"

Yep, this is fixed. Unfortunately, lol, sorry, I noticed another spelling error in the same guy's dialogue that I missed the first time around. At one point, when you ask "Why would I pay someone to malign me?", his reply uses the word "temperment". The proper spelling is "temperament".

Regarding all the reports about the Drizz't/Dynaheir subquest: The spelling errors in the first Drizz't conversation ("parchament", the missing period) are now fixed. Good work. However, the gnoll conversation that follows if you ask to split up and search separately from Drizz't is now broken (I did report a few spelling and other errors in this conversation also). The gnolls appear, and the leader approaches you, but the conversation no longer starts, so I can't check the remaining issues I reported in this.

Also, the "Dynaheir's Missing Journal" journal entries still aren't being created, either when you first pick her up or after Drizzt's initial conversation. Dunno if that was meant to be in this version.

I think that's about all I reported that I can test right now (most of the other issues I reported were more properly BG1UB or TuTu issues than BG1NPC). Do be aware that my testing is with save games created from the version 14 run, so if that would prevent some of these fixes from taking place or working correctly, that could very well be the issue.

Qwinn

She replies: "Tis nothing. No, I lie. It's the woman we just met, Tamoko. She made me think of how thou are different from thy brother in thy love for thy companions."
I thought I saw a typo in this ("thou are") but in fact, it's correct in the .tra file as "thou art." However, there is a different typo: "thine companions" should be "thy companions" as Qwinn has it.

So I scanned x#dyro.tra for other occurrences of thine that should be corrected:

@142 thine country > thy country

@200, 477, 996 thine years > thy years

@405 thine will > thy will

@554 thine purpose > thy purpose

@938 thine heart > thy heart

@1796 thine decision > thy decision

@1834, 1840 thine companions > thy companions

The occurrences where "thine" is used properly (before a vowel or as "yours") far outweigh these exceptions. Whoever standardised Dynaheir's text did quite well with this, despite what some may think. Whatever dialect Dynaheir is speaking, she should speak it well, not as a country bumpkin.

While I was at it, I did scan for "thou are" which only occurs in string @96 and should be corrected to "thou art."

I did find what I'm pretty sure is a bug in a near-end-game Dynaheir lovetalk though. Oddly, though, while it's a fairly simple and short lovetalk, it doesn't seem to be listed in the romance guide. I'm getting it when I rest in the thief maze, right after the coronation.

Repaired it - the second block was right, but the first block had 6.6; 6.6; 6.7 instead of

6.5; 6.6; 6.7

IF WEIGHT #-2 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#DyFlirt6","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN BEGIN X#DYFlirt6
SAY @1829
++ @1830 DO ~SetGlobal("X#DyFlirt6","GLOBAL",2)~ + DYFLT6.1
++ @1831 DO ~SetGlobal("X#DyFlirt6","GLOBAL",2)~ + DYFLT6.2
+ ~CheckStatGT(Player1,15,WIS)~ + @1832 DO ~SetGlobal("X#DyFlirt6","GLOBAL",2)~ + DYFLT6.3
+ ~CheckStatGT(Player1,15,WIS)~ + @1833 DO ~SetGlobal("X#DyFlirt6","GLOBAL",2)~ + DYFLT6.4
END

IF ~~ DYFLT6.1
SAY @1834  //nothing
+ ~OR(2) Alignment(Player1,LAWFUL_GOOD) Alignment(Player1,LAWFUL_NEUTRAL)~ + @1835 + DYFLT6.5  //anf loyal to you
++ @1836 + DYFLT6.5 //belongs midden
++ @1837 + DYFLT6.6  //flatter
++ @1838 + DYFLT6.7  //wry
END

IF ~~ DYFLT6.2
SAY @1839	// mood returns
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ DYFLT6.3
SAY @1840  //different
+ ~OR(2) Alignment(Player1,LAWFUL_GOOD) Alignment(Player1,LAWFUL_NEUTRAL)~ + @1835 + DYFLT6.4
++ @1836 + DYFLT6.5 //belongs midden
++ @1837 + DYFLT6.6 //flatter
++ @1838 + DYFLT6.7 //wry
END

IF ~~ DYFLT6.4
SAY @1841  //not loyal different
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ DYFLT6.5
SAY @1842 //condemn tamoko too
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ DYFLT6.6
SAY @1843  //comliment
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ DYFLT6.7
SAY @1844   //but are you sure 
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

END

@Miloch - repaired, but someone will want to recheck me when v15G is available (perhpas early next week, if playtesters are wrapping up).

Looking at the gnolls.

Hiya cmorgan :)

Since you mentioned on the PPG board in the convo with Macready that you were going to pass over the journal stuff related to BG1NPC again, there's one in specific I thought I should point out because it might not be obvious in all playthroughs: I noticed that the journal entry for Aldeth asking for your help in the Cloakwood forest (section 1) wasn't closing out properly if you responded by doing the Jaheira subquest (helping the druids).

And there was a wisdom check on that lovetalk, eh? Had no idea... will have to drink a potion and try it out again, lol.

Qwinn

I noticed that the journal entry for Aldeth asking for your help in the Cloakwood forest (section 1) wasn't closing out properly if you responded by doing the Jaheira subquest (helping the druids).
Pretty sure this was working in the v15 development versions. You say you were working with both v14 and a v15 - on which one did this occur? Also, do you have the text for the entry that wasn't getting resolved? Oh, and also your platform - BGT/Tutu, whatever. As cmorgan mentioned, it could be something fairly trivial like a spacing issue that gets this one missed, but that should be fairly easy to address.

I was working on the latest full versions of EasyTutu and BG1NPC (so v14). Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's been taken care of in v15. I'm actually holding off running through again for the time being, to see if new versions of the v15 beta or full version of EasyTutu become available. (Won't be able to get the beta of EasyTutu till the next full release, already asked).

Qwinn

I was working on the latest full versions of EasyTutu and BG1NPC (so v14). Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's been taken care of in v15.
Ah, ok then. Yep, this is something I noticed, fixed and tested for the latest version, so I won't worry about it again (unless cmorgan didn't merge something properly or someone tells me my code is messed up :)).

Thine heart is actually correct. Thy can change before h as well as before vowels. Examples: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=thine+hea...p_ip=CA&vc=

as for thy years, while it is correct since 'y' is generally enterpreted as a consonant, I don't like that y after y thinggie. I'll leave it to anyone else to find the y on y examples with thy and thine, but I'd go with thine for more fluent sound.

"Thine heart" is marginally tolerable, but implies that one drops the "h" when pronouncing it: "thine 'eart." And that would only have been acceptable if heart were from Latin, which it isn't (it's from Old English heorte; the Latin is cor). Since it's only one reference (here anyway), you can probably get away with it. Plus it looks like it crops up in the KJ Bible and maybe Shakespeare, so whatever.

"Thine years" is not acceptable by any standard I can think of. "Thy years" is not a "y on y" sound, but an "i on y" sound (or vowel on consonant in this case) - English spelling isn't always sensible.

Archived